View Full Version : Thunder to play in Austin

southernskye
05-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Kevin Durant will be returning to the hardwood of the Frank Erwin Center this October, this time as a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder. The former Longhorn All-American and Naismith Player of the Year will lead the Thunder against Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and the San Antonio Spurs in an NBA preseason game.

The game will be played at 7:30 pm on October 20. Tickets will go on sale Monday at 10 a.m. and can be purchased at TexasBoxOffice.com (http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AERW%3AUTD10%3AEC102 09%3A&linkID=tex-erw&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=).
Austinist (http://austinist.com/2009/05/28/spurs_to_face_okc_thunder_at_erwin.php#comments)

jstanthrnme
05-28-2009, 07:35 PM
the article gives slight favor to Durant and the Thunder over the nearby spurs.

Bold move, in making a home game in enemy territory.

I'd like to propose the stretch of I35 over the Red River, be changed to KD35. Heck, name the whole stretch between Austin and OKC KD35!

bluedogok
05-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I see some Spurs stuff around here, but really not much at all, much more Mavericks stuff when it comes to NBA.

You think the OKC-Tulsa rivalry thing can get bad, it's nothing compared to ones here in Texas, San Antonio-Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Dallas-Houston. I just don't get it.....

nighttrain12
05-28-2009, 10:43 PM
I see some Spurs stuff around here, but really not much at all, much more Mavericks stuff when it comes to NBA.

You think the OKC-Tulsa rivalry thing can get bad, it's nothing compared to ones here in Texas, San Antonio-Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Dallas-Houston. I just don't get it.....

OKC doesn't play Tulsa though in anything other than Arena Football 2. Which by the way they do again this Saturday at the Cox Convention center. Hopefully the Yard Dawgz stomp the Talons. We need a win bad.

bluedogok
05-29-2009, 06:48 PM
They do play each other in hockey (Blazers/Oilers), but I wasn't talking about sports rivalries, I was referring to the city rivalries in general.