View Full Version : Paseo!

so1rfan
05-18-2009, 05:25 PM
It's that time of year for the Annual Paseo Arts Festival! This Memorial Day Weekend, May 23, 24, 25, 2009. Paseo Festival. The Paseo Art District (http://www.thepaseo.com/events/paseofestival.html)

The festival hours will be Saturday & Sunday from 10am to 8:00pm, with music until 11pm and Monday from 10am to 6pm, with music until 7:00pm. The Paseo is located between NW 30th and Dewey and N.W. 28th and Walker in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

This year is going to be extra special because.... I'm in it. I will have my photo art on display and for sale. My photo subjects can usually be summarized in four categories, rural American, vintage transportation, European design, and iconic Oklahoma. So something for everyone.

This will be my very first arts festival and I would love to extend an invitation to everyone at OKCTalk to come by and say hello. I will be in tent 14, which is closer to 30th street.

Fun for all, come on by :)

Dennis

OKCMallen
05-19-2009, 10:05 AM
See you there Dennis!

metro
05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the reminder!

SavageDigital
05-19-2009, 02:08 PM
It's just out my front door...so we'll be there.

LM401
05-20-2009, 08:49 AM
This is my favorite arts festival, and I try to support as many as I can in the area. I look forward to it every year!

The festival also has fun activities for children.

so1rfan
05-23-2009, 05:33 AM
Well, I got the truck loaded with art and fixing to head down there to finish setting up. I put the tent and display walls up last night. The whole area was jumping with activity.

Looks like we are in for good weather today, hope to see you all. Please stop by and say hello.

PennyQuilts
05-23-2009, 05:37 AM
I sure wish I could be there. Have a great time and I hope you sell some art.

so1rfan
05-24-2009, 06:29 AM
It was a good first day, there was a ton of people there. Weather is HOT and sticky. The late storm came through so fast and even though it wasn't very bad the lightning gave everyone cause for concern.

I did get to meet a few OKC Talkers so far. I am sure enjoying the festival so far.

Stan Silliman
05-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Dennis,

Enjoyed meeting you and looking at your photos. They are spectacular. You should sell many.

Everybody in the city area needs to attend the Paseo show. The fact that the displays are mostly on concrete with buildings shading it from both sides is a big plus. Very little mud plus lots of places to take breaks and get refreshments.

Good luck on your sales.

angel27
05-24-2009, 10:11 AM
We have been enjoying it. I think the music is my favorite, got to enjoy Juanita Ellington's amazing voice and Larry Pierce on keyboards yesterday in the big tent, out of the sun. And the group before them have been a favorite but I don't know their names, loved their rendition of Boxer. Had chicken salad on croisant and a nice lemonade with great potato salad on the side. Lots of people. Since we can hardly get out of our drive or get through the streets during these festival days, I was glad we could walk there.

so1rfan
05-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Dennis,

Enjoyed meeting you and looking at your photos. They are spectacular. You should sell many.

Everybody in the city area needs to attend the Paseo show. The fact that the displays are mostly on concrete with buildings shading it from both sides is a big plus. Very little mud plus lots of places to take breaks and get refreshments.

Good luck on your sales.

Thanks Stan, it was good meeting you and everyone else.

I did pretty well I thought for my first festival. A lot of people commented on my work, pretty positive reaction from most.

I learned a bunch and hopefully if the Paseo will have me again next year I will plan to do it again and better.

There was a non ending stream of festival goers from start to finish, a really great turnout of Oklahomans supporting the festival. I was really impressed. A bunch of the artists from out of state had plenty of positive things to say, so good showing from the Paseo Arts Association.

DC

lasomeday
05-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Dennis your photographs were amazing. You have an incredible eye. I wanted to talk to you, but there were a lot of people at your booth when I was there.

I hope you are there next year. Do you have any other Art shows that you are going to be at?

OKCMallen
05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
The festival was great. It gets better every year!

Only mistake was going to eat at the Paseo Grill...they were having electricity problems, so the environment and food suffered. An unusually disappointing experience.

so1rfan
05-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Dennis your photographs were amazing. You have an incredible eye. I wanted to talk to you, but there were a lot of people at your booth when I was there.

I hope you are there next year. Do you have any other Art shows that you are going to be at?

Thank you very much, I did get really busy at times. I would have loved speaking with you.

I don't have any other art shows planned for right now, I wanted to see how I did at this one. I will more than likely will apply for the PAF again next year.

I am going to be spending the rest of the year working on my website and work on getting some more local exposure.

Plus taking a few more pictures.