View Full Version : Okc Ranked In The Top 25 Cities for Designers and Artists

animeGhost
05-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Peep the article from art bistro: Top 25 Cities for Designers and Artists - ArtBistro.com (http://www.artbistro.com/news/articles/8883-top-25-cities-for-designers-and-artists?page=23)

Kudos for my home town!!! :artist:

AFCM
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Peep the article from art bistro: Top 25 Cities for Designers and Artists - ArtBistro.com (http://www.artbistro.com/news/articles/8883-top-25-cities-for-designers-and-artists?page=23)

Kudos for my home town!!! :artist:

Nice find

onthestrip
05-13-2009, 08:30 PM
This study must have been done after the ol' Flaming Lips debacle.

LakeEffect
05-13-2009, 08:41 PM
This study must have been done after the ol' Flaming Lips debacle.

I think that the "debacle" might have helped - the Governor's executive override of sorts shows people that we have higher elected officials that are willing to supersede the right-wing, anti-expression people.

soonerguru
05-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Well he'll have to stay busy after the other moronic laws passed this week.

okcpulse
05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Well, Texas passed the same Ten Commandments monument resolution, to be displayed on the state capitol grounds on our coveted Austin, Texas. Are you still ashamed of OKC, soonerguru?

soonerguru
05-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh, the Ten Commandments issue was only one of many. But as cool and nifty as Austin is, Texas's legislature is just as insane as ours. Not a high point of comparison. Also, our city doesn't have the international "cool rep" Austin gets without trying, so when our dumb legislators do something dumb, we just get bad press internationally with no payoff.

animeGhost
05-16-2009, 12:56 PM
^^^this is true!

veritas
05-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh, the Ten Commandments issue was only one of many. But as cool and nifty as Austin is, Texas's legislature is just as insane as ours. Not a high point of comparison. Also, our city doesn't have the international "cool rep" Austin gets without trying, so when our dumb legislators do something dumb, we just get bad press internationally with no payoff.

Nah. I love both the Texas and Oklahoma legislatures. The Southern "can do" spirit meets Western "true grit" mentality. Screw the haters.