View Full Version : NW Expressway & Cherokee Plaza construction?

MsDarkstar
05-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know what they're putting in at NW Expressway & Cherokee Plaza? They tore down the old car dealership & are finishing up a new hotel, and the Taco Bell has been open for a few months now. There's new construction going on though, facing the Taco Bell & Hotel. I know that further down Cherokee Plaza they're putting in a new housing addition but am curious about what's right off the Expressway.

OKCisOK4me
05-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Where's Cherokee Plaza? Sorry. I don't know the NW Expressway corridor very well.

metro
05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm assuming you mean right across from Incredible Pizza and Lifechurch.tv NW Campus? Two hotels are going up and supposively a few sit down restaurants.

MadMonk
05-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I think they are building a Golden Corral right across the street from the Hertz offices.

Matt
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm assuming you mean right across from Incredible Pizza and Lifechurch.tv NW Campus? Two hotels are going up and supposively a few sit down restaurants.

Supposively, eh?

ultimatesooner
05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
they are building a golden corral right across from the hideway pizza and closing the one on may

MsDarkstar
05-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Cherokee Plaza is that little street between McArthur & Merdian...North side leads into the shopping center where Hideaway is, South side is where Taco Bell & Church's is.\

Golden Corral? Ew....

OKCisOK4me
05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
they are building a golden corral right across from the hideway pizza and closing the one on may

Good! I live in the vicinity of that Golden Corral and if the wind happens to be blowing the wrong way, it sure smells for the worse..

rondvu
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Hopefully it will be a Mega Platinum Corral where there will be plenty of motorized wheelchairs for the buffet eaters convenience. That way they can even gorge on more delectable delights. :evilsmile

Pete
05-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I grew up on the south side of that big open field just behind NW Expressway.

Are they planning to fill that entire area with homes? I can't believe it's been vacant all this time.

Steve
05-11-2009, 08:33 PM
True story: Back in 1999 there was a Toyota dealership at that spot and I was shopping for a new car. I was determined to get prices at four different places before deciding to buy. The salesman tried to force me to sign a paper promising to buy my car from him and told me he wasn't allowed to take me on a test drive or discuss prices without me signing. When I protested, he responded his dealership had been ranked No. 1 in some obscure survey I never heard of and swore it would beat anybody else's price and could be trusted because it was going no where.
I refused and told him I was leaving. He asked me to wait to talk to his manager - a plea that fell on deaf ears as I walked out. I laughed out loud as I drove by a few months later and saw it had closed down.

Patrick
05-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Steve, Dub Richardson ended up buying that dealership. They operated there for sometime around 2003-? and then they relocated to their new facility further out on the expressway past Council. But, yeah, it was a Toyota dealership back in the 90's, and still is one, although now is Dub Richardson Toyota-Scion.

metro
05-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Hopefully it will be a Mega Platinum Corral where there will be plenty of motorized wheelchairs for the buffet eaters convenience. That way they can even gorge on more delectable delights. :evilsmile

I'd rather it be LEED Platinum

MadMonk
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
I remember when that was a Dockum Pontiac. :)

soonergal
05-13-2009, 12:03 PM

another big hole along May Ave then...I think that is right close to the Denny's that recently closed...