View Full Version : Central Oklahomans Asked To Participate In Transportation Survey

LordGerald
05-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Found this link and thought it was pretty cool. Shows that the city and regional governments are trying to engage with the public...

Association of Central Oklahoma Governments (ACOG)
Central Oklahomans Asked To Participate In Transportation Survey

As part of the public engagement process to promote Central Oklahoma’s long-range transportation plan, known as the Encompass 2035 Plan, a public survey is being launched by the Association of Central Oklahoma Governments (ACOG). Input from the survey will identify strategies to improve auto, bus, pedestrian, truck, rail and bicycle travel for the 2035 Oklahoma City Area Regional Transportation Study (OCARTS) Plan.

Results from the survey will identify or recommend the most acceptable means of financing transportation improvements as well as gauge the level of interest in improving alternative transportation modes.

The survey, which only takes a few minutes to fill out, will also provide planners with insight into public wants and needs, and gauge responses to important plan issues such as travel habits, employment travel, intermodal elements and other facets in transportation planning.

LINK: Encompass 2035 Public Survey Survey (http://www.acogok.org/Surveys/TakeSurvey.asp?SurveyID=642783M2l95KG)

The Encompass 2035 survey will be available online from May 11 through May 29.

metro
05-11-2009, 10:42 AM
There is another one ACOG is doing, but you must be a downtown resident. It's in regards to a potential downtown circulator streetcar system.

edcrunk
05-11-2009, 01:24 PM
There is another one ACOG is doing, but you must be a downtown resident. It's in regards to a potential downtown circulator streetcar system.
hey metro... i took the one you speak of last week and do not live downtown.

metro
05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
well I was told it was supposed to be for downtown residents only.

bombermwc
05-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Filled out my survey.

mark
05-12-2009, 01:10 PM
my comment:

FIX THE ROADS!!!!

HeatherDawn
05-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Our roads are some of the worst in the country. I smell misappropriation of funds...

Midtowner
05-12-2009, 02:19 PM
What funds?

PLANSIT
05-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Our roads are some of the worst in the country. I smell misappropriation of funds...

Get out much?

Our roads (federally classified) are actually pretty well funded, virtually a 1:1 ratio in dollars out to dollars in with regards to the Federal Highway Trust Fund. This new "donee" status is a complete 180 from the last half of the 20th Century when we were the second worst "donor" state.

Source (https://www.policyarchive.org/bitstream/handle/10207/13034/bg_2074.pdf?sequence=1)

edcrunk
05-12-2009, 03:45 PM
well I was told it was supposed to be for downtown residents only.
i filled it out cuz i work downtown.
=-]