View Full Version : Checkerboard

bombermwc
05-11-2009, 07:58 AM
The Checkerboard has a nice little blurb in the Gazzette. They are open now at like 116 N. Air Depot. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm guessing that it's the shopping center where Office Depot is???? I've heard this place is really good (there were in Harrah before) so I can't wait to check it out. I still wish they would have worked out for the Uptown redevelopment on 15th, but oh well. Hopefully this isn't a too "off the track" location for them.

usmbubba
05-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Yes it's right next to Office Depot, haven't eaten there yet, but when i delivered the mail one day, the aroma was to die for.

GWB
05-11-2009, 05:16 PM
The Checkerboard has a nice little blurb in the Gazzette. They are open now at like 116 N. Air Depot. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm guessing that it's the shopping center where Office Depot is???? I've heard this place is really good (there were in Harrah before) so I can't wait to check it out. I still wish they would have worked out for the Uptown redevelopment on 15th, but oh well. Hopefully this isn't a too "off the track" location for them.

I've eaten there about three of four times and it is very good! All homemade desserts too and everything I've tried is excellent. Some of the best carrot cake and german chocolate cake I've eaten. Everything is good there and they're always busy. The service is great and everyone is real friendly. You won't be disappointed.

rondvu
05-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Yum yum I can't wait to get on that side of town. I went a few times when it was in Harrah, before the owner was killed on his bicycle. It was always fresh and very good.

EBAH
05-15-2009, 07:17 AM
The main courses are hit and miss, I've been when it was delicious, I've also been whn my C.F.S. was VERY dry. The Baked goods are GREAT but the sides are all from their distro service, no hand battered Okra, no fresh cut fries..

Lauri101
06-02-2009, 04:01 PM
If someone from Checkerboard is reading this - you lost a prospective customer today.

I had to go to Office Depot after work, so I thought it'd be a great time to pick up a dessert for tonight. The aroma from right outside the door was marvelous and I was anticipating the treat.

I walked in and stood at the front to look at the baked offerings. Two workers - a man and woman - were standing not 20 feet away. It was 3:45 PM

At 3:48 PM, I left. No acknowledgement of my existence, no friendly greeting - nada, nothing, zero.
I'm not hard to miss and I'm not hard to please. Not only would I have been a good sale today, I'd have been a return customer.

Had you been busy with other customers, I would be patient. Ignoring customers is inexcusable and non-negotiable. Harsh? Maybe - but my time is valuable and my disposable income is finite, so I'll go elsewhere.

Just thought you might like to know.