View Full Version : Happy Day all you Mothers!

PennyQuilts
05-10-2009, 07:03 AM
I hope all the mothers-in-fact and the mothers-at-heart have a loving day.

Did anyone else get a Mother's Day card from the dogs?

kevinpate
05-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Baby girl and her baby are well into a grand momma's day, near on late afternoon for her now.

My beloved's day is just now kicking off as we finish out our call with our daughter.

Sadly, we lost her saint of a momma earlier in the year, and today we received less than happy news about my momma's health.

While not every is grand spring flowers good, we're thankful for the aspects of life which are indeed still grand, and for our happy memories of good times past.

PennyQuilts
05-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Baby girl and her baby are well into a grand momma's day, near on late afternoon for her now.

My beloved's day is just now kicking off as we finish out our call with our daughter.

Sadly, we lost her saint of a momma earlier in the year, and today we received less than happy news about my momma's health.

While not every is grand spring flowers good, we're thankful for the aspects of life which are indeed still grand, and for our happy memories of good times past.

Kevin, sorry about your MIL and your own mom. It must be hard for your beloved to spend this day without being able to pick up the phone or go see her mom. I lost my mother to ovarian cancer on Mother's Day weekend in 2007. My kids were here with us and we kissed her goodbye at my home with all of us at her bedside. Having the kids gathered around helped. It is just the way of life but it is hard. I look forward to the day when my kids have their own little ones to cuddle, if that is their path.

kevinpate
05-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah, it's not been the best of m-days, that's for certain. then to top it off, I kinda of stepped in it with my daughter today.

When I got news on my momma early this am, I made the decision to not tell anything to my kiddos, at least not until there was more definitive word on the status.

Protective poppa generally, not wanting to muss about with daughter's 2nd m day, elder son is on the road out of country as well, youngest has a gig this eve, all sorts of good rationales in my head.

However, while I don't 'do' networking sites like facebook, my kiddos do. As it turns out, so does their unkie, my baby brother. He posted a status change of being bummed cause momma's bad sick on M-day, and this change shows up on daughter's fb page.

With me having not mentioned it, she frets, then calls her momma and says do you and poppa know what's going on? Now, I've gotten all this second hand, but near on as I can tell, there's a new dawg house in Germany and it has my name on it in very fresh paint.

sigh, part of me knows I deserve it. part of me believes I was just doing what Poppas do. i was never the one to narc out on the eb or the man in red either.

PennyQuilts
05-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Just being a dad. She'll let it slide, I'm betting.

Karried
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Just tell her you didn't want the news to affect her day.. sorry to hear about your Mother ... I hope it all turns out well for her.

Midtowner
05-12-2009, 02:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWl4duAejcQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vWl4duAejcQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>