View Full Version : Dachshund Dash 2009

amylynn5656
05-07-2009, 07:28 AM
I hope I'm not starting a new thread for something already being discussed, but I wanted to encourage everyone to take a trip downtown this Saturday for the Dachshund Dash. This year, its being held at the Cox Convention Center in downtown OKC. It starts at 1pm. This really is a fun event for the entire family and a great fundraiser for the Central Oklahoma Humane Society. It is sponsored by the Gazette, so be sure and pick one up this week so you can check out all the dogs in the race and pick the ones you want to bet on (Shameless plug: Oliver Schmitz in Heat 4 is mine). Concessions and beer(!) will be available and admission is only $1.

The races are truly hilarious - watching all those little (long) dogs run on their little short legs - you can't ask for much more. Also, feel free to bring your dogs as spectators as well, every breed is welcome to come (but the doxies really steal the show).

Anyways, come on out this weekend and keep an eye out for me in Heat 4, Lane 2 - I'm just hoping I don't fall and get trampled by a bunch of wiener dogs. :tiphat:

OKCMallen
05-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Good call. It really is funny. Videos from previous years: Dachshund Dash | Photos (http://www.doxiedash.com/PhotoAlbum/media.aspx)

jstanthrnme
05-10-2009, 04:36 PM
does anyone know which dog won?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-10-2009, 05:37 PM
does anyone know which dog won?

My guess is the one that looked like a Snickers bar.

mmmmmmmmsnickers.....

PennyQuilts
05-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I have a friend of mine who is entering his dog. He has roped in a number of friends as a cheering section.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-10-2009, 06:02 PM
I really wanted to go to this, and had the wife on board too...But we're still working on making the new house a home...So instead of "GO ROVER GO", it was "do you think this picture looks good above the fireplace" and "move the couch over THERE...No...Over THERE...No wait..."

:D

I will definitely be making this next year. I love dog "contests" that don't take themselves seriously and are for a good cause. My new next door neighbors have at least three of these little guys behind their house...Wonder if they participated...

amylynn5656
05-11-2009, 06:55 AM
I'm not sure who won - but Oliver got third in his heat and I couldn't be more proud. Pretty good for a first timer!

The race was really fun, lots of people showed up and I'm sure a bunch of money was raised for the cause.

My only complaint was that it seemed to be poorly organized. The VIP section wasn't really VIP and it seemed that they were short on volunteers for the size of venue. Other than that, a good time was had by all and I hope everyone can make it out next year!