View Full Version : Lion King

Caboose
05-06-2009, 12:59 PM
No posts about the Lion King production playing at the Civic Center?
I am taking my daughter in a couple of weeks. Anyone seen it? Any reviews?

Midtowner
05-06-2009, 01:01 PM
The only thing I've heard about it is that many of the attendees need a refresher course on what proper attire and etiquette are for these things.

Protip: Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, jorts and tennis shoes are not acceptable attire for these kinds of venues.

Caboose
05-06-2009, 01:17 PM
The only thing I've heard about it is that many of the attendees need a refresher course on what proper attire and etiquette are for these things.

Protip: Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, jorts and tennis shoes are not acceptable attire for these kinds of venues.

I don't doubt it at all. One would think the price point and the venue would be a good enough clue.

Karried
05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/arts-entertainment/17668-lion-king.html

My son went and he loved it .. but he is only 11!

It was a long show... nearly 3 hours I believe.

CCOKC
05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
I have heard nothing but raves from my friends who have been so far.

Centerback
05-13-2009, 03:56 PM

Truly Midtowner, are Jorts or Mandals proper etiquette anywhere?

My parents took my 10 year old son last week and they all loved it. My mother said it was one of the best live performances she has ever seen. I should qualify her and say they are Lyric season ticket holders and she has seen several shows on Broadway as well. We saw it in L.A. several years ago and it was excellent! That said, I would highly recommend it.

kevinpate
05-14-2009, 04:07 AM
I have a young relative who is being 'napped' this eve for a surprise. I've no clue what the surprise is, but if it should be a trip to LK, my relative would surely hurt me if I attempted a rescue prior to closing curtain