View Full Version : Topless photo could cost Prejean pageant crown

Of Sound Mind
05-05-2009, 03:53 PM
From CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/05/05/california.miss.california/index.html?eref=rss_topstories):

LOS ANGELES, California -- Miss California USA Carrie Prejean "breached her contract" by keeping semi-nude photos a secret and could be stripped of her beauty queen title, according to a state pageant spokesman.

Prejean said the photos -- taken when she was a teenage model -- were being used in a "vicious and mean-spirited" effort to silence her for "defending traditional marriage."

The 21-year-old Miss USA contestant has been the center of controversy since she declared her opposition to same-sex marriage in a response to a question on the pageant stage last month.

"That answer, and my commitment to stand by my beliefs, has since resulted in attacks on me and my integrity as a woman," Prejean said in a news release dated Tuesday.

Her fate was being discussed in "closed-door meetings" Tuesday among California pageant officials, lawyers and representatives of Donald Trump, who owns the international competition, said Miss California USA spokesman Roger Neal.

"They are going over the legalities and clearly she breached her contract," Neal said. "When you compete for Miss California, you're supposed to disclose whether you posed for nude or semi-nude photos because it's grounds for disqualification."

The spokesman for Miss California USA provided CNN with a copy of the pageant contract Prejean signed last year agreeing that the discovery of semi-nude photos could mean disqualification.

"You'll see in the agreement that she signed that she clearly violated the terms of her reign as Miss California USA, but we don't expect a decision to be made today," Neal said.

One photo published Monday on a Web site -- The Dirty -- showed barely more skin than the bikini Prejean wore in the pageant's swimsuit competition. While she appears topless, she was turned away from the camera with her arm covering most of her breast.

The Web site said it had "exclusive images," suggesting there were more to be published.

"The reports say that there are more photos to come," Neal said. "We'll see what happens with those, and we want to know who's releasing them."

Shanna Moakler, the co-executive director of the Miss California USA organization, will meet with Tami Farrel, the runner-up for Miss California USA, "to discuss the possible next steps."

In the news release Prejean defending the photos, which she said were taken when she was a teenager.

"I am a Christian, and I am a model," she said. "Models pose for pictures, including lingerie and swimwear photos."

She said the photos "have been released surreptitiously to a tabloid Web site that openly mocks me for my Christian faith."

"I am not perfect, and I will never claim to be," she said. "But these attacks on me and others who speak in defense of traditional marriage are intolerant and offensive. While we may not agree on every issue, we should show respect for others' opinions and not try to silence them through vicious and mean-spirited attacks."

Prejean announced last week that she will star in a new $1.5 million ad campaign supporting what she called "opposite marriage" (marriage between a man and a woman) funded by the National Organization for Marriage.

"Marriage is good," Prejean said at a news conference announcing the ad campaign. "There is something special about unions of husband and wife. Unless we bring men and women together, children will not have mothers and fathers."

Stan Silliman
05-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Prejean? Is that her name?

I never paid attention or looked at her name in print, I just heard it on TV or radio in the background and always thought they were saying Preachin' which I considered ironic.

She is right about one thing. if you're a swimsuit model, you model topless. Half the Sports Illustrated bikini models in this year's issue were without tops. Even if nipples are showing it doesn't make her any less devout or faithful in her beliefs.

When the Vanessa Williams nude photos came out, it cost her the Miss America crown and turned into a big payday for the sleazy photographer who sold them to Penthouse. Whoever sold these photos of Prejean, and I would expect her photog, did it because the timing had a bit of hypocrisy attached. The public loves to see hypocrisy exposed, mainly because very few accept that there are actual true believers.

In this case, Prejean will prolly come out the better and with some expensive diction lessons may even have a Vanessa Williams type career.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-05-2009, 04:30 PM
This thread is worthless without pictures.:sofa:

Easy180
05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
I need to be able to see all of the photos before I can cast judgement :woowoo:

kevinpate
05-05-2009, 07:35 PM
nah, just save some time and go ahead and cast some stones, not your own though

BailJumper
05-06-2009, 07:00 AM
The photo (singular) is at theDirty.com. I don't get the fuss at all. She is obviously topless, but its tamer than my wife's Victoria's Secret catalog or even the cover of some of her Glamour magazines. I don't see how it makes her a hypocrite at all.

Actually, I think it helps make her point. Why would any guy go on all fours for another dude when there are chicks like her out there?

gmwise
05-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Makes one to think about the saying don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.
Of course she needs to pick her battles and now she's whining when she gets a stone thrown back at her, just wished she got hit instead of her glass house.
And bailjumper, as to your observation either thru experience or lack of imagination, it doesn't have to be on "all fours".

Insider
05-06-2009, 03:18 PM
There is more to the story...Four VIVID pictures came out today of her nude/performing sex acts. I think she is toast.

MadMonk
05-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Makes one to think about the saying don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.
Of course she needs to pick her battles and now she's whining when she gets a stone thrown back at her, just wished she got hit instead of her glass house.
Bitter much? How was she throwing stones? She was asked her opinion and she gave it. It's not like she was advocating violence against gays.

So someone disagrees with your lifestyle and you wish harm to come to them? Yeah, that's going to win people over to the cause. :rolleyes:

BailJumper
05-06-2009, 08:47 PM
There is more to the story...Four VIVID pictures came out today of her nude/performing sex acts. I think she is toast.

I didn't read anything about sex acts. The reports say four more of the same.

Also, I think gmwise is just jealous some of his buddies got arrested at Trosper.

PennyQuilts
05-07-2009, 04:40 AM
I am absolutely disgusted at the way people went after her for speaking her opinion when asked. It is one thing to disagree, even strongly. People went into character assassination mode. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

As for the pictures, I think it is foolish for a someone in that type of pageant to give people bullets to shoot her with. That is a little like Edwards running for President with a mistress on the side and a wife with cancer. Just begging for the dirt to come out.

GWB
05-07-2009, 04:47 AM

Link please.

Stan Silliman
05-07-2009, 07:27 AM
I am absolutely disgusted at the way people went after her for speaking her opinion when asked. It is one thing to disagree, even strongly. People went into character assassination mode. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

As for the pictures, I think it is foolish for a someone in that type of pageant to give people bullets to shoot her with. That is a little like Edwards running for President with a mistress on the side and a wife with cancer. Just begging for the dirt to come out.

This is the way it works with these type of stories. You find someone who might be a little hypocritical, you don't leak all the pictures at once. You throw out an innocent picture HOPING she digs herself a deeper hole.

That's why they didn't toss out the explicit pics first.

Think back. It happened with Gary Hart. It happened with Frank Gifford. In Frank Gifford's case they tossed out a picture of a blonde holding his hand in an airport. They held back more damning inside hotel room pics and recordings. The reason was because Kathy Lee has been deemed an easy hypocritical target. They knew when they posted the innocent pic first Kathy Lee would jump all over it, threaten to sue, and more or less challenge them to bring out more evidence.

It makes for more newspaper sales.

Insider
05-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Link please.

You're Fired? Carrie Prejean Awaiting Verdict Over Provocative Pictures - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519112,00.html)

...and the link says the new pictures are "highly graphic." Another link that I can't find right now said they were of her performing sex acts, although I do not know as I have not seen that on any other sites...

GWB
05-07-2009, 08:11 AM
You're Fired? Carrie Prejean Awaiting Verdict Over Provocative Pictures - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519112,00.html)

...and the link says the new pictures are "highly graphic." Another link that I can't find right now said they were of her performing sex acts, although I do not know as I have not seen that on any other sites...

Well, until you are able to substantiate the "sex acts" comment I will just consider it not true because I have not seen anything said about that at all. What you posted is false and should not be allowed to be said here unless you can verify it. I know the "sexy pictures" are out there, as that has been proven, but the other part is simply not a fact. Like I said--link please.

Of Sound Mind
05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
What you posted is false and should not be allowed to be said here unless you can verify it.
If that's now the standard, there are A LOT of posts on this forum that will need to be removed until they can be verified and substantiated.

GWB
05-07-2009, 08:19 AM
If that's now the standard, there are A LOT of posts on this forum that will need to be removed until they can be verified and substantiated.

Yeah, that should be the standard when you make accusations of this nature on a respected forum like this. This isn't "The Enquirer", it's OKCTALK.com. Saying that there are pictures of her doing sex acts is not something that should be posted without a source. The way I see it, it's pure slander and it's not acceptable.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Slander can be fun.

Why, just look through the political area of this forum It's chock FULL of slander!

Of Sound Mind
05-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Slander can be fun.

Why, just look through the political area of this forum It's chock FULL of slander!

Not to mention all the posting of false, misleading, unverified and unsubstantiated claims and accusations.

Midtowner
05-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Slander can be fun.

OGTS is a liar and a cheat.

:sofa:

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-07-2009, 09:09 AM
THAT'S A LIE!

I've never cheated.

Unless you're talking about Uno. I totally learned how to palm a Wild "Draw 4" card by the time I was 10.

Midtowner
05-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Ttiwwp

ronronnie1
05-07-2009, 11:20 PM
She looked better with her original tits.

Easy180
05-08-2009, 07:48 PM
What you posted is false and should not be allowed to be said here unless you can verify it.

:LolLolLol

gmwise
05-16-2009, 09:40 PM
I didn't read anything about sex acts. The reports say four more of the same.

Also, I think gmwise is just jealous some of his buddies got arrested at Trosper.

Bail, you're the one talking about your experiences.
And unlike you, I have no need to "go park".