View Full Version : Who is "Paul, Yukon"?

AFCM
05-05-2009, 01:09 PM
For those of you who occasionally read the comments in the provided section of NewsOK.com, you've probably seen the moniker "Paul" and his snide comments. This character claims to reside in Yukon, but he simply hates all things-Oklahoma.

As an obvious hypothesis, he is just some troll who gets off on stirring emotions. On the other hand, I think this character could also be affiliated with NewsOK, with the intent of baiting more comments and views on the site.

I don't believe the biography he details, but the following are what he claims:
- He is from New York. He also graduated from college in The Big Apple.
- He is community organizer who was fired from his position.
- He is quite easily better looking, smarter, more athletic, and better educated than all of us "dumb Okies".

Although he maintains the qualities of a troll, I rather enjoy his presence in the NewsOK comments section. Sometimes, watching the tides shift in an online comments section can be entertaining. I'm not advocating he post here; I'd prefer to keep this community true. However, he really does amplify the banter in NewsOK. When I feel the urge to witness a train wreck, I'll visit NewsOK and check the comments section. So, what do you know about this "Paul" from Yukon? Do you think he could be affiliated with NewsOK?

HSC-Sooner
05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Jason, Edmond is another interesting and annoying poster.

Midtowner
05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Jason, Edmond is another interesting and annoying poster.

That's the guy who refers to everyone as 'savante,' yes?

AFCM
05-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Jason, Edmond seems to appear only in the Thunder discussions. Paul, Yukon seems to float around the entire NewsOK site. Both are annoying.

HSC-Sooner
05-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Jason, Edmond floats around the entire website too. He's the one who calls everyone a savante.

Karried
05-05-2009, 01:39 PM
lol.... yeah, they are freaks.. Fake Paul from Yukon started copying the original Paul from Yukon when the Thunder arrived ... and Jason from Edmond thinks he is so extremely intelligent and much more sophisticated than anyone else. I try not to respond but occasionally, I do.

kevinpate
05-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I've seen some of their posts, not enough to worry about them though. then again, i can hide my own easter eggs, so maybe I've spent more time than I recall

Steve
05-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I think www.okctalk.com is a much better forum than the comment sections at www.newsok.com. Yes, I know this might rankle the folks at my own shop. But it's true. Remember this comment the next time I write something you folks don't like and the whole "he thinks we're all crazy" bit starts up again.
www.okctalk.com is on my daily reading list, and I know a lot of other people who check in with this site as well.

Karried
05-05-2009, 09:38 PM
ahhh, that is sweet! Thanks Steve!

venture
05-06-2009, 10:19 AM
OMG it is me...I confess. My name is uhh....was it paul? and i live in Mustang? what is a savante? :-P

metro
05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Sounds like they are two bored Seattle Supersonics fans living in Seattle with too much disgruntled time on their hands from the posts I've seen.

Karried
05-06-2009, 01:21 PM
We should just keep reporting them as Inappropriate. Maybe the newspaper will finally get the hint.

CCOKC
05-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Every time I read the comments on a story on newsok I regret it. I put Paul on ignore a long time ago.

CuatrodeMayo
05-06-2009, 08:24 PM
I make it a point to never scroll past the story to the comments section.

I never really noticed the guy until the whole Sonics thing hit the fan, so I suspect hs is just a pissed-off seattlite.

OKCMallen
05-06-2009, 08:30 PM
We should just keep reporting them as Inappropriate. Maybe the newspaper will finally get the hint.

I report almost everyone post I see of Paul's, but there is apparently no moderating on the comments section of NewsOK. I really like the commecnts feature, but Paul is just a troll that is actually so GOOD at being a troll, he manages to offend even the seasoned internet arguers.:ohno:

Karried
05-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I know... my evil side emerges everytime I read anything by that idiot. ugh.

Why can't NewsOK ban this jerk?

AFCM
05-06-2009, 10:49 PM
As I previously expressed, I hypothesize that Paul could be affiliated with NewsOK and is trying to bait more comments, thus increasing traffic. I have nothing but speculation, but I just can't understand how someone could be so narcissistic for this long. I also can't explain why NewsOK won't seem to take action against "him".