View Full Version : Bookstores in the Area?

HSC-Sooner
05-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I've lived in the Yukon/Mustang area all my life but to this date, I haven't found a decent bookstore in the westside of the metro.

I know there's a Hasting's in Yukon...but it doesn't compare to something like a Full Circle or even Border's/Barnes and Noble. I usually end up at the bookstore to feed my reading addiction and also study (I can't study at home for some reason). Anyone know of any decent bookstores with decent cafe's on the westside?

Maybe there's a need to attract a larger chained bookstore to the westside?

metro
05-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Same reason the southside or downtown doesn't have one I suppose.

jsibelius
05-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Unless your Hastings is just pre-makeover, I can't imagine why it wouldn't compare to a Barnes and Noble. I'm incredibly jealous that you have one. (Maybe you should check out the one in Norman - it's really nice now.) Until 3 years ago, I've had easy access to a Hastings everywhere I've lived since 1991. I have sorely missed it. I wish they'd put in another one on the north side, but I don't want them to overbuild themselves into another bankruptcy.

HSC-Sooner
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
The Hastings in Norman is a lot better than the one in Yukon in my opinion.

Vines_&_Cattle
05-23-2009, 02:05 PM
It is better in Norman, no doubt thanks to it's status as a college town.

I feel your pain, HCS, my hope for the commercial expansion is that we get a large bookstore real soon.

mgsports
08-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Bam! Borders is gone.

Questor
08-07-2012, 08:50 PM
The Borders in Norman has been purchased by the Pioneer Library System. They're supposed to reopen it as a west side library at some point. They're wanting to keep the cafe.