View Full Version : Edmond Arts Festival

so1rfan
05-04-2009, 09:13 AM
The Edmond Arts Festival was this past weekend. Did anyone go? They couldn't ask for worse weather.

I went Friday afternoon, it was 84 when I left my house and it was 66 when I got there. There was a decent amount of people for a Friday, but I got a sense of disappointment from a few of the artists I talked to.

From my observations, I thought that they did a better job of layout this year as far as putting most of the artists on Broadway and having the food vendors on the side streets. I think they extended the Broadway set up as well. Last year they had some artists set up in the parking lot a block west of Broadway. One wouldn't know they were there unless you happened to venture that way.

One thing I did notice was that they did a disservice to some of the artists when it came to separating styles of media. I gravitate towards photographers and I was surprised that nearly every photographer had another photographer set up right next to or directly across from them.

I also thought it odd that there was one tent that to me wasn't displaying art, but was mainly selling their portrait studio. Now one can argue that taking portraits is an art form but, what is going to keep say Blunk studio or Olan Mills from entering and taking appointments?

Just my observations.

hipsterdoofus
05-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Have never been...may be nice to check it out - these arts festival people (Edmond, OKC, Norman) need to put a huge X on April and May for such things - the OKC arts festival had nice weather for the first time in memory - in fact it is usually a joke that the arts fest brings rain to OKC...

Chefdavies
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM
I was there on everyday, well except saturday. I enjoyed it as always. I was working during most of it. It seemed to have more vendors this year, but sadly the weather hurt. The past two years havent been so good. In my opinion, maybe throw in some nightly entertainment. Say a local artist to play on a stage set up at the north end of broadway, by the shadid build?