View Full Version : Braum's

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

tfvc.org
07-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Am I in bizarro world. Why would Braums want to try to make a healthier shake? People going to Braums know the milk shake is not considered healthy. People would go to Braums for a great tasting shake.

They are using "more healthy" as an excuse/distraction from the real issue: cost savings.

John1744
07-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Just from a management at a grocery store perspective I wonder how much loss they were coming across because people wouldn't mark down or store use gallons correctly plus it being tough to approximate sales for the grocery side in addition to sales for the shake side. Also makes me wonder if the restaurant side and the grocery side are inventoried / ran financially separate.

kukblue1
10-20-2017, 08:10 PM
So has anyone else notice their fires have gotten a lot Skinnier. I don't like them as much cause they get cold too quickly. Not sure how many Braum's have made the switch yet. They are still crinkle cut just skinny and not as thick as their older ones.

Rover
10-21-2017, 09:57 AM
Fat and mushy is bad. Thin and crispy is good. IMHO

SOONER8693
10-22-2017, 11:58 AM
So has anyone else notice their fires have gotten a lot Skinnier. I don't like them as much cause they get cold too quickly. Not sure how many Braum's have made the switch yet. They are still crinkle cut just skinny and not as thick as their older ones.
They have downsized their burgers and now fries, and kept the same price. That should increase profits nicely. I expect we will see a 50 story Braum's tower soon in downtown OKC. LOL

barrettd
10-23-2017, 07:34 AM

I noticed that last week. I'm not a fan of the skinny fries. I guess I can finally be done with Braum's since their fries kept me hanging on :)

Rover
10-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Went to a Braum's on May north of Hefner on Saturday and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a joint of its kind. Complete chaos. Lines of people trying to order (not because there were so many people, but one inexperienced person at the register), and no one at the ice-cream line making cones, shakes, etc. I waited a llllllooooonnnnnggggg time for the order and it was wrong. Then, they actually made two of my order. A complete fiasco and no apologies.

If this was a unique experience it would be bad enough, but it is the latest of several, though none quite this bad. They are remodeling the buildings, but need to remodel their staff and how they operate. If another dairy with really good ice-cream came in they would kill Braum's.

Pete
10-23-2017, 01:41 PM
They are so poorly managed.

I can only imagine it's because they do so much business they don't really care.

Often, the people there are very nice but the whole place is chaotic. And worse yet, often somewhat dirty and usually quite outdated, complete with duct tape on the booths.

Roger S
10-23-2017, 01:53 PM
I only ever have breakfast from the drive-thru at Braum's but it's always been a crap shoot if I actually get what I ordered and I always order the exact same thing.... Everything bagel with sausage and cheese.

I've received omelette bagels, bacon and egg biscuits, plain bagel with ham..... How the hell you confuse sausage with any of those things is beyond me.

macfoucin
10-23-2017, 01:57 PM
...If another dairy with really good ice-cream came in they would kill Braum's.

Culver's please come to OKC!!!

Anonymous.
10-23-2017, 02:02 PM
I only ever have breakfast from the drive-thru at Braum's but it's always been a crap shoot if I actually get what I ordered and I always order the exact same thing.... Everything bagel with sausage and cheese.

I've received omelette bagels, bacon and egg biscuits, plain bagel with ham..... How the hell you confuse sausage with any of those things is beyond me.

I have tried breakfast in the drive-thru here like 3 times ever, and you described every single time. It has literally never been correct. Even when I asked for something upcharged (like a ham slice) It isn't on there. Yet my receipt had it. Not bothered enough to deal with it, so I just quit trying.

Pete
10-23-2017, 02:10 PM
I don't think I've ever seen such a successful business care so little about customer service and their reputation in general.

Roger S
10-23-2017, 02:14 PM
I have tried breakfast in the drive-thru here like 3 times ever, and you described every single time. It has literally never been correct. Even when I asked for something upcharged (like a ham slice) It isn't on there. Yet my receipt had it. Not bothered enough to deal with it, so I just quit trying.

If I had other options on my way to work I sure would..... Also forgot to mention that even when you do get the correct ingredients. There's no telling how it will be delivered.... Sometimes the bagel is toasted, sometimes microwaved, sometimes straight from the bag.... Sometimes the cheese is melted, sometimes it's still cold and unmelted.... fortunately the protein has always been cooked.... never been served raw sausage, bacon, or egg.

TheTravellers
10-23-2017, 02:15 PM

Culver's isn't actually good ice-cream, they make frozen custard, and even then they're not that good (compared to Kopp's and other places that aren't nationwide chains).

And if everybody that had a bad experience with Braum's JUST STOPPED GOING, they wouldn't be in business that long or they'd change and get better (and Oklahomans would be healthier for it). We have pretty much never eaten there (once or twice and it was barely above McD-level), and stopped patronizing them long ago when they were out of half-gallons of 2% milk a few times (you're a FREAKING DAIRY, how can you be out of MILK?).

Pete
10-23-2017, 02:17 PM
I, and clearly plenty of others, love the Braum's model and blend of products.

Despite my complaints, I patronize that place more often than any other.

It's still maddening though.

Roger S
10-23-2017, 02:24 PM
I, and clearly plenty of others, love the Braum's model and blend of products..

Yeah.... I drive by the one at 19th and Broadway in Moore occasionally in the evening and it's not quite Chick-Fil-A crazy busy but they have people wrapped around the building in the drive-thru consistently.

Pete
10-23-2017, 02:28 PM
I live near one of their older stores at I-44 and Penn and even that place is always, always busy -- drive-thru and inside.

BTW, I like their grande breakfast burrito and they have never messed that one up.

Roger S
10-23-2017, 02:32 PM
BTW, I like their grande breakfast burrito and they have never messed that one up.

Ok, I'll give them that....... When they downsized their bagels several years ago. I tried the burritos for a short time and they did always get them prepared correctly.

Zuplar
10-23-2017, 02:53 PM
I don't think I've ever seen such a successful business care so little about customer service and their reputation in general.

100% agree with this.

Seems as though because they are so successful ownership figures why change anything.

Part of me wonders if we as Okies put up with the rough around the edges style because they are local. It's disappointing to me that they aren't consistent, because when they are on their game, they make some good food.

oklip955
10-23-2017, 06:27 PM
I stop by the one on Danforth in Edmond all the time for a breakfast burrito and coffee. I never have had a bad one. Now the staff knows when I walk in and ask if I am getting the usual. Yes and its hot, fresh and just the way I like them. No issues. Ok the building is coming down soon for a total rebuild. No need to rebuild the staff at that store. I've had the burrito at other locations and I will say I have had some subpar.

ShadowStrings
10-24-2017, 09:19 PM

This would be a dream come true!

rezman
10-25-2017, 05:56 AM
^ I frequent the Danforth store frequently as well. Only had a couple mixups in our order over time and was no big deal. Those things happen sometimes and the corrected it quickly. While the building is dated, the staff has always been friendly and helpful. Haven't heard about a rebuild there. I stop by the store at 164th & Penn periodically, and it's a pretty nice store.

Pete, back in the late 70's I worked at the Penn 39 Texaco that used to be on the corner of 39th & Penn, with that very Braum's right behind us. That place is showing it's age.

Pete
10-25-2017, 07:09 AM
Pete, back in the late 70's I worked at the Penn 39 Texaco that used to be on the corner of 39th & Penn, with that very Braum's right behind us. That place is showing it's age.

Yeah, one of the older, dirtier Braum's around, although the store at 17th & Classen is worse.

And if they do go forward with Classen Circle location I'm sure this place will continue to languish.

Slimjim
10-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Braums doesn’t give 2 ****s about the customers or their employees they replaced most of the staff at both north may stores the 63rd location is the 1 I frequented the most had a really great night shift crew fast friendly orders were correct never had to wait in the grocery area went back after the remodel most of the staff had been replaced service is slow employees are rude asked what happened to the previous managers and staff was informed they were not doing their jobs so they were let go told them service was better before it fast accurate and friendly won’t be going back the new general manager David just said ok they have other clients that will be glad to buy from braums

Dustin
10-27-2017, 07:42 AM
I hear the May and Hefner location is getting a compete remodel as well as expansion. Much needed.

SoonerDave
10-27-2017, 10:13 PM
Braums doesn’t give 2 ****s about the customers or their employees they replaced most of the staff at both north may stores the 63rd location is the 1 I frequented the most had a really great night shift crew fast friendly orders were correct never had to wait in the grocery area went back after the remodel most of the staff had been replaced service is slow employees are rude asked what happened to the previous managers and staff was informed they were not doing their jobs so they were let go told them service was better before it fast accurate and friendly won’t be going back the new general manager David just said ok they have other clients that will be glad to buy from braums

Well, in all honesty, when a store like that goes through a remodel that significantly cuts on in-store hours, a lot of folks just leave to find other employment. I have no idea if that's the case here, but I've seen a couple other Braum's remodels that all-but shut the place down other than the drive-thru, and sometimes for a week or two (maybe more?) it seems, and some people are bound to lose hours in that time. Some may not be able to afford to wait.

soonerguru
10-27-2017, 11:37 PM

This is reminiscent of my experience calling in a complaint to Braum's. It's a weird place that seems impervious to modern operations or customer satisfaction.

Rover
10-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Well, in all honesty, when a store like that goes through a remodel that significantly cuts on in-store hours, a lot of folks just leave to find other employment. I have no idea if that's the case here, but I've seen a couple other Braum's remodels that all-but shut the place down other than the drive-thru, and sometimes for a week or two (maybe more?) it seems, and some people are bound to lose hours in that time. Some may not be able to afford to wait.

So, Corp should have traveling crews in place to mitigate the problem. You compound the problem of inconveniencing your customer by adding to the chaos with a staff I’ll prepared to deal with it.

If reduced hours are a problem for the staff, they could augment their time by having them get hours at other nearby stores. Corp creates the problems and can solve the problems .....if they care to.

bucktalk
10-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Heck I think every Braum's needs to have the Chick Filet folks come in for some serious, serious management/training. Can't think of a Braum's I've ever been too where the service was up to par.

TheTravellers
10-28-2017, 02:35 PM
Braum's doesn't care about any of this, it's obvious. They know they're going to rake it in from all the oblivious people that just don't care about getting their sandwich right, freshness, customer service, etc. I'm just baffled by why people keep going back to bad places, as well as voting against their best interests repeatedly, same type of thing - learn from your mistakes, move on, don't vote for the person that keeps screwing you over, and find a new place to eat that gives at least half a crap about you 'cos Braum's doesn't.

rezman
10-28-2017, 06:34 PM
Heck I think every Braum's needs to have the Chick Filet folks come in for some serious, serious management/training. Can't think of a Braum's I've ever been too where the service was up to par.

The Braum's at 178th & Santa Fe has a couple former Chick Fil A emploeyees. I could immediately tell because they are always very nice and say "my pleasure" when i say "thank you".

scottk
10-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Third!

Every Culver's we have visited from Frisco, Texas to Madison, Wi has been great. It's unfortunate their is a "bubble" around Oklahoma where they don't expand. Closest stores are in north DFW or Joplin, MO. Culver's stores are clean, great tasting food and custard/ice cream, and really the whole clean thing again.

oklip955
10-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Its been several years ago. I did call them and ask if they had plans to expan into Oklahoma and they said yes. They just did not have anyone who wanted to run a franchize. They asked if I wanted. I said that I did not have the time to take care of my acreage and do that. I have talked to an owner operator. It does take lots of time to be able to run one. Now that I am a few years older and have to deal with a few more aches and pains, no I cannot. i have talked to a developer and asked if they would consider bringing in one. They don't have an interested party in being an operator. Anyone out there want to be an owner/operator so we can get one???

soonerguru
10-30-2017, 11:17 PM
My hard boycott of Braum's is abated due to the decision to not move forward with demolition in Classen Circle. Still, I'm keeping them on probation until evidence exists that they will freshly prepare a hamburger and not be dirty.

BBatesokc
10-31-2017, 04:53 AM
We are down to only patronizing Braums for Milk and peppermint ice cream. Which is a pain, because its a bit of a drive for other decent ice cream options.

SoonerDave
10-31-2017, 06:59 AM
So, Corp should have traveling crews in place to mitigate the problem. You compound the problem of inconveniencing your customer by adding to the chaos with a staff I’ll prepared to deal with it.

If reduced hours are a problem for the staff, they could augment their time by having them get hours at other nearby stores. Corp creates the problems and can solve the problems .....if they care to.

I doubt seriously you're going to maintain "corporate teams" of people trained to...flip burgers and shovel ice cream. And you can't just shovel people to a different store...What about the people already working there? Cut their hours? It isn't like you can manufacture additional available work hours at a place that is fully staffed.

Slimjim
10-31-2017, 03:51 PM
Actually you can if Corp gives them extra labor allowance

rizzo
11-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Braum's has now gone with a thinner crinkle cut fry. I also think the large packaging has been made smaller as well. Thinner fries means a thinner package?

rizzo
11-04-2017, 12:20 PM
We are down to only patronizing Braums for Milk and peppermint ice cream. Which is a pain, because its a bit of a drive for other decent ice cream options.

I wont be going for anything but milk

u50254082
11-29-2017, 06:37 PM
Did they change the milkshakes again? I went to the Moore Santa Fe location tonight and got a combo with a chocolate milkshake.

The milkshake now comes in a foam cup that seems to be labeled specifically for shakes and it says "BRAUM'S Chocolate Shake Made with Hand Dipped Real Ice Cream 24g protein". The taste was a bit.. off? Maybe like it was made from a powdered mix?

I remember getting one of these rip-off combos after they switched to 1/4lb patties and at that time, the shakes came in the more common paper cup and tasted a lot richer and like it was the real deal.

And maybe it's a sign or not, but I ended up at Braum's because literally every other fast food place in Moore at 6:30PM on a Wednesday night had a drive-thru line about 10 cars deep.

John1744
11-30-2017, 04:49 AM
One of their recent commercials specifically mentioned a special shake milk they use now with extra protein in it.

StuckInTheCapitol825
11-30-2017, 08:35 AM
I was told you can ask for your milkshake to be made with MILK, but it might not end well for you.

FighttheGoodFight
11-30-2017, 09:13 AM
Did they change the milkshakes again? I went to the Moore Santa Fe location tonight and got a combo with a chocolate milkshake.

The milkshake now comes in a foam cup that seems to be labeled specifically for shakes and it says "BRAUM'S Chocolate Shake Made with Hand Dipped Real Ice Cream 24g protein". The taste was a bit.. off? Maybe like it was made from a powdered mix?

I remember getting one of these rip-off combos after they switched to 1/4lb patties and at that time, the shakes came in the more common paper cup and tasted a lot richer and like it was the real deal.

And maybe it's a sign or not, but I ended up at Braum's because literally every other fast food place in Moore at 6:30PM on a Wednesday night had a drive-thru line about 10 cars deep.

This is a rumored change to lower calories of their shakes. They have enough restaurants where they are going to have to list calories on the menu. Same thing with the smaller burger.

I would guess maybe that and maybe just saving money.

TheirTheir
11-30-2017, 09:28 AM
I frequent the Braums at 17th and Classen regularly and have never had an issue that I can think of. Same manager has been there for awhile and everything seems to flow fine from my experiences.

traxx
11-30-2017, 12:24 PM
I was told you can ask for your milkshake to be made with MILK, but it might not end well for you.

I read this as MLK.

SoonerDave
11-30-2017, 02:17 PM
This is a rumored change to lower calories of their shakes. They have enough restaurants where they are going to have to list calories on the menu. Same thing with the smaller burger.

I would guess maybe that and maybe just saving money.
This is all part of a cost savings measure. They concocted this "milkshake syrup" made from lower-fat milk for their milkshakes so as to prevent stores from using their retail milk inventory and cutting into sales. They spin this into the absolutely idiotic notion that everyone is obsessed with the calorie counts in their milkshakes, which is absurd on its face, combined with the.idea that everyone really wants a milkshake to go with their Magically Shrunken Burger. The negative flak/sales reality of this idiocy has led Braum' s to put out a slew of exceptionally embarrassing commercials with smiling young hipsters telling everyone how much calcium they're getting with their shake combo. It's so absurd it's laughable.

Downstream stores are, in fact, being instructed to NOT honor customer requests to use real milk in their shakes, but reality is some stores are and some aren't. It's a crapshoot.

I think the ad campaign wouldn't be necessary if people were buying their shakes and shrunken burgers the way they expected. Surely not together in a combo. Ugh.

It's just a festival of stupidity from the B folks these days.

Rover
12-01-2017, 09:21 AM
This is all part of a cost savings measure. They concocted this "milkshake syrup" made from lower-fat milk for their milkshakes so as to prevent stores from using their retail milk inventory and cutting into sales. They spin this into the absolutely idiotic notion that everyone is obsessed with the calorie counts in their milkshakes, which is absurd on its face, combined with the.idea that everyone really wants a milkshake to go with their Magically Shrunken Burger. The negative flak/sales reality of this idiocy has led Braum' s to put out a slew of exceptionally embarrassing commercials with smiling young hipsters telling everyone how much calcium they're getting with their shake combo. It's so absurd it's laughable.

Downstream stores are, in fact, being instructed to NOT honor customer requests to use real milk in their shakes, but reality is some stores are and some aren't. It's a crapshoot.

I think the ad campaign wouldn't be necessary if people were buying their shakes and shrunken burgers the way they expected. Surely not together in a combo. Ugh.

It's just a festival of stupidity from the B folks these days.
Do you know this or is this opinion and speculation?
If you know this, does it come from someone at a policy and planning level at Braums? Or is the source at Braums you?

KL_Moore
12-02-2017, 07:34 AM

They're still made with milk - just a milk made specifically for making shakes/malts (it's like their fat-free milk, but concentrated even further) instead of regular whole or 2% milk (plus a simple syrup to sweeten it; now that condensed milk "sweetens" it) like they used to.

TheirTheir
12-13-2017, 08:36 AM
Anyone know if Braum's did away with Peppermint Chocolate Chip ice cream for the holidays? I went by the 17th and Classen location and the gal in the drive-thru said they didn't have it this year. If this is true, COLOR ME MADD.

OkiePoke
12-13-2017, 09:22 AM
I was craving a burger & a shake the other day. I thought I would give Braum's a shot after all the hoopla recently.

Their burger was just 'ok'. Not bad, but not much flavor. The fries were definitely smaller, a different taste. I preferred the thicker fries. The shake was pretty bad. The consistency was off and the flavor was not something I liked.

Suffice to say, I can mark Braum's off my list of places I will get food from in the future. I will buy ice cream & milk occasionally (until they inevitably change those as well).

I'm going to check out Freddy's.

Thomas Vu
12-13-2017, 11:26 AM
I was craving a burger & a shake the other day. I thought I would give Braum's a shot after all the hoopla recently.

Their burger was just 'ok'. Not bad, but not much flavor. The fries were definitely smaller, a different taste. I preferred the thicker fries. The shake was pretty bad. The consistency was off and the flavor was not something I liked.

Suffice to say, I can mark Braum's off my list of places I will get food from in the future. I will buy ice cream & milk occasionally (until they inevitably change those as well).

I'm going to check out Freddy's.

Outside of the hotdogs, if you've had Steak n Shake you've had Freddy's

traxx
12-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Outside of the hotdogs, if you've had Steak n Shake you've had Freddy's
I personally think Steak n' Shake is better, but, to be fair, I haven't eaten at Freddy's in several years.

Thomas Vu
12-13-2017, 12:32 PM
I personally think Steak n' Shake is better, but, to be fair, I haven't eaten at Freddy's in several years.

I've taken too broad of a stroke. To go from Braums to Freddy's may not be as drastic of a change than it maybe now. The patties at SnS/Freddies are significantly smaller, and the fries are shoestring fries. Granted, Freddies tend to run super salty.

The toppings at SnS make it better than Freddy's. My broad stroke was that it's a steakburger with shoestring fries.

Joe Kimball
12-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Anyone know if Braum's did away with Peppermint Chocolate Chip ice cream for the holidays? I went by the 17th and Classen location and the gal in the drive-thru said they didn't have it this year. If this is true, COLOR ME MADD.

Not a good sign.

TheTravellers
12-13-2017, 12:47 PM
So Braum's screws with (in a bad way) their burgers by making them smaller, screw with (in a bad way) their fries by making them smaller, screws with (in a bad way) their shakes by making them taste worse, have dirty stores, can't get orders accurate, have poorly-trained staff, and now they don't carry what is most likely (don't know for sure 'cos we never buy their ice cream) one of their most popular holiday ice cream flavors. And people still flock to their stores, what a business model....

Roger S
12-13-2017, 12:56 PM
So Braum's screws with (in a bad way) their burgers by making them smaller, screw with (in a bad way) their fries by making them smaller, screws with (in a bad way) their shakes by making them taste worse, have dirty stores, can't get orders accurate, have poorly-trained staff, and now they don't carry what is most likely (don't know for sure 'cos we never buy their ice cream) one of their most popular holiday ice cream flavors. And people still flock to their stores, what a business model....

I've been boycotting them for 2 years over a lack of butter brickle at their counter and they show no signs of wavering from my action..... Almost forgot that I boycotted them for a period before that when they switched to a smaller bagel on their breakfast sandwiches and stopped offering cinnamon raisin.... that boycott failed too.

I now have a Baskin Robbins around the corner from my house.... So my boycott will continue until BR closes again.

TheTravellers
12-13-2017, 02:15 PM
I've been boycotting them for 2 years over a lack of butter brickle at their counter and they show no signs of wavering from my action..... Almost forgot that I boycotted them for a period before that when they switched to a smaller bagel on their breakfast sandwiches and stopped offering cinnamon raisin.... that boycott failed too.

I now have a Baskin Robbins around the corner from my house.... So my boycott will continue until BR closes again.

I know your post is partially joking/sarcasm, but my boycotts never have the intention of trying to make a store/restaurant change things, they're to keep my conscience clear by only spending my money at places that care about their customers or products.

Roger S
12-13-2017, 02:48 PM
I know your post is partially joking/sarcasm, but my boycotts never have the intention of trying to make a store/restaurant change things, they're to keep my conscience clear by only spending my money at places that care about their customers or products.

True it was but I don't really consider that a boycott as much as being a conscientious shopper. I am the same in many ways. I choose mom & pop / locally owned businesses over national chains whenever possible. Sometimes I have no choice but to hit up the chains to find an item but it's almost always a last resort for me.

ctchandler
12-13-2017, 09:13 PM
True it was but I don't really consider that a boycott as much as being a conscientious shopper. I am the same in many ways. I choose mom & pop / locally owned businesses over national chains whenever possible. Sometimes I have no choice but to hit up the chains to find an item but it's almost always a last resort for me.

Just curious, how many of the stores in the metro area are franchises? I would guess none since their corporate headquarters are located here but sometimes (not always) franchises are more concerned about the customer since their livelihood depends on sales.
C. T.

Roger S
12-13-2017, 10:12 PM
Just curious, how many of the stores in the metro area are franchises? I would guess none since their corporate headquarters are located here but sometimes (not always) franchises are more concerned about the customer since their livelihood depends on sales.
C. T.

None. Braum’s operates like In-N-Out and White Castle. They own all their stores.