View Full Version : Looking for a different place for b-day meal.

SOONER8693
04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
What are some good, unique places to eat in the Uptown area or the N. Western area around VZD's. Would like to take family for a b-day dinner at anyplace besides the old stand-byes.

kevinpate
04-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Not the most kiddo friendly, but I've never had anything but good service and great food at Jamil's on N Lincoln, if that's not too far east for you

onthestrip
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
I always think a good spot for birthdays with friends or family is at Musashis. Its seems like Ive been to many bdays there and always had a good time. Oh, and its just across from VZDs

jstanthrnme
04-30-2009, 09:33 PM
What about Iron Starr? or maybe Galileo in the Paseo? Charlie Newtons?

thats a few suggestions in the area.

mecarr
04-30-2009, 09:40 PM
I would go to Red Rock where you can sit outside and look out at Lake Hefner.

john60
04-30-2009, 11:35 PM
I think Paseo Grill is pretty good and to me at least it seems to kind of get overlooked despite its quality.

kmf563
05-01-2009, 07:57 AM
On Western - How about Wedge Pizzeria, Deep Fork Grill, Metro Wine Bar & Bistro, or Musashi's.

metro
05-01-2009, 11:58 AM
What are some good, unique places to eat in the Uptown area or the N. Western area around VZD's. Would like to take family for a b-day dinner at anyplace besides the old stand-byes.

For Western Ave. I'd hit Cafe Nova, Flip's, Saturn Grill, or The Wedge if you're wanting to hang on Western.

Uptown I'd hit, Prohibition Room, Cheevers, Iron Starr, Market C (take it home and have gourmet meal), or Grand House.

Martin
05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
what are some good, unique places to eat in the uptown area or the n. western area around vzd's.

western ave. district isn't "uptown" nw 23rd street is considered the uptown district.

umm... metro, would you like an explanation of how the conjunction "or" works? -M

mkO87mkgcNo

metro
05-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks mmm, I deserved that one.

Martin
05-01-2009, 02:40 PM
all in good fun, metro! i'll vouch for the suggestions you made... a good cross-section of different tastes & atmospheres. -M

SOONER8693
05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks to everyone for the help.

metro
05-04-2009, 09:10 AM
What did you decide on?

OKCMallen
05-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I think Paseo Grill is pretty good and to me at least it seems to kind of get overlooked despite its quality.

I don't know that it's overlooked...I think it's just kinda niche due to its pricing. Place ain't cheap.

SOONER8693
05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
What did you decide on?
My daughter decided on this for me, but it was very good. The Wedge.

metro
05-05-2009, 08:05 AM
I don't know that it's overlooked...I think it's just kinda niche due to its pricing. Place ain't cheap.

I agree with the original poster, I too think Paseo Grill is overlooked. It's prices are fairly reasonable compared to most other restaurants of the same quality. Especially for lunch.

OKCMallen
05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I agree with the original poster, I too think Paseo Grill is overlooked. It's prices are fairly reasonable compared to most other restaurants of the same quality. Especially for lunch.

I based my opinion on the fact that every time I go to dinner there it's full/need a reservation, and also on the fact that it's almost as expensive for dinner as most of the nicer places in town...

Is it "reasonable" for the quality of food? I think so, yes. It's very good food. But I would NOT characterize their dinner menu and pricing as...accessible. Joe Blow that doesn't mind popping for Iron Starr once in a while will NOT want to pop for P-Grill, the pricing of which I think is more expensive than Cheever's and slightly less than, say, Red, the Ranch, or Boulevard.