View Full Version : Another Hot Oklahoma Night

kmf563
04-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Anybody going to this? Saturday May 2nd the exhibit will begin with activities and live music all day long. Support our history. For those who haven't heard about it, the Oklahoma History Center will host a special exhibit entitled Another Hot Oklahoma Night: A Rock & Roll Exhibit. The exhibit will explore the Rock and Roll artists, radio stations, personalities, venues, and fans that have called Oklahoma home. Beyond the facts of each story, the exhibit will show how growing up in Oklahoma affected the music. It's all FREE.

Another Hot Oklahoma Night (http://www.anotherhotoklahomanight.org)
or
Oklahoma History Center (http://www.oklahomahistorycenter.org)

Indoors/Chesapeake Event Center
11-5 Play Rock Band for Wii
11-5 "Be a Rock Band" Photo Opportunity - pose with a guitar, behind the drums, or lead the band on the mic on our authentic rock band stage!

Outdoors on the Red River Walk
11-5 Tie-Dye Booth - make your own tie-dye bandana!
11-5 Rock Star Makeover - temporary tattoos, hair extensions, headbands and more!

Live Music
John Moreland & the Black Gold Band
Crocodile
The Oh Johnny! Girls
Mike Black & the Stingrays
Ali Harter
The City Lives
Unmarked Cars
Camille Harp
The Romantic Disaster
The Gunship
Wes Reynolds
Rainbows are Free
The Undecided
All but 1

kevinpate
04-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Will the music go past 5 pm, or is this really a celebration of Rock n Roll that will end at (omigarsh) 5 pm, on a Saturday?

TaoMaas
04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
...or is this really a celebration of Rock n Roll that will end at (omigarsh) 5 pm, on a Saturday?

LOL LOL LOL If it ends at 5pm, it's not really rock 'n roll, is it? Maybe it's just rock & roll....."Lawrence Welk" style. lol

kmf563
04-30-2009, 08:39 AM
It will end at 5pm. They are only having live music because it's opening day of the exhibit. It IS a museum after all, pretty cool of them to even have live music. The exhibit will remain on display for a while during normal museum operating hours, normal entry fees, and without live music after Saturday.

Karried
04-30-2009, 08:49 AM
It looks great. I think it will be cool to go see the memorbilia and the bands.

TaoMaas
04-30-2009, 09:03 AM
It will end at 5pm. They are only having live music because it's opening day of the exhibit. It IS a museum after all, pretty cool of them to even have live music.

Pshaw! I think they ought to stay open until 9pm for that one day and make a street party out of it....but, they didn't ask me before scheduling this. lol

kevinpate
04-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Or open late and run it from 3-9. Oh well, i hope those who can fit it into their schedules will enjoy it. Does sound like fun, just way too early to be my fun