View Full Version : Need to hire an exterior house painter!

Jon27
04-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm looking to hire a painter or business that services Yukon. I need the exterior of my home painted. I also need some woodwork done such as new fascia, and new plywood on the front gable. I would like to have the same people paint and do the woodwork. Any recommendations?

jstanthrnme
04-28-2009, 08:21 PM
You might check into angieslist.com

Jon27
04-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Anyone ever heard of this?

www.ipaintokc.com

warreng88
04-28-2009, 08:59 PM
I have a friend that does paint and tile work. His name is Jon Boswell and he is a handyman by trade as well. His number is 323-5130. Tell him Gary recommended him.

Jon27
05-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Anyone ever heard of this?

www.ipaintokc.com (http://www.ipaintokc.com)

Well, I had iPaint come out for a bid. Owner is Troy McNeely. Very very nice guy. He brought along one of his workers that is going to do the woodwork, also a very nice guy. He walked all around the house with me, listened and remembered everything I wanted, and offered suggestions with no pressure. He gave me a folder that had his company name on it. Inside was a copy of his insurance policy, contract, 2 year guarantee, and references. He took measurements, and emailed me the estimate the next night. Estimate was very reasonable. I called to check coverage on his insurance policy, it is in force. I called 3 out of the 4 references, and they all had very good things to say about him, and the work he performed. One of the references, who owns an electric company, had the exterior of his home painted by Troy. He said he was very careful about protecting the property. They like him so much that they had him come back to do Faux finishing inside the home. I emailed him back, and accepted his bid. He is going to start in about a week depending on the weather.

He requires no money until the job is complete, and I'm 100% satisfied. He also said that he will email me before the 2 year guarantee is up to come out, and see if I need any touch ups.

Hopefully this does not turn out too good to be true. I will let you all know the outcome.

Thunder
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Chris, you have to be careful on the references. You'll have to do a lot more investigations. You said that he gave you a folder with these info for you to check out. Well, the references, it could all be made up, you know what I'm talking about, right? It could be people that he knows to help him to convince you that it all sounds good (and not actual customers).

Make sure the contact number to the insurance place and the insurance company is legit. It could just be a contact number to a friend's home or cell pretending to be an insurance agent.

Check with the BBB on all these companies, and as for the references, request for the property touring to be safe. Best of all, good luck on your projects.

Jon27
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Chris, you have to be careful on the references. You'll have to do a lot more investigations. You said that he gave you a folder with these info for you to check out. Well, the references, it could all be made up, you know what I'm talking about, right? It could be people that he knows to help him to convince you that it all sounds good (and not actual customers).

Make sure the contact number to the insurance place and the insurance company is legit. It could just be a contact number to a friend's home or cell pretending to be an insurance agent.

Check with the BBB on all these companies, and as for the references, request for the property touring to be safe. Best of all, good luck on your projects.

Hey Thunder, thanks for this, but rest assured that I did this. I thought along the same lines you did. The references all checked out. I called the insurance agency listed on the declarations page from the number listed on the insurance companies "locate an agent" on the website.

To good to be true, or not. As he states, he's not getting a dime until I'm satisfied 100%.

If anyone has any experiences with him, please let me know.

I'm also looking for a seamless guttering company if anyone has a good recommendation.

OKCTalker
05-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Check with the BBB on all these companies

I wouldn't put much faith in the BBB. I've had problems with companies in the past, and the complaint process was very bureaucratic and I don't believe resulted in any negative marks against the company. As the owner of a new business years ago, I called the BBB to advise them of my company and ask what I needed to get on their "favorable" list. Answer: Send them a check and become a member. Finally, I recall a recent national TV program that exposed that their main underwriting companies were frequently subjects of consumer complaints, but the BBB was very reluctant to downgrade them due to the financial conflict.

I'd rely on another source before using the BBB.

Jon27
05-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Ok, so they haven't started the actual painting yet, but I'm impressed. I'm using iPaint. They have replaced a lot of the wood around my house due to rotting. This is including the large gable siding over my garage. Everything is lined up perfect. They finished replacing wood today, and did the prep work. They calked every nick and cranny around the house. Troy Mcneely is the owner's name. This guy is incredibly nice. The painting should be done Friday if there is no more rain. I'll let you all know how it looks. If anyone has read it, I have also used Johnson's Tree Service in another thread. We are also having a fence put up with Thompson's Fencing out of El Reno, and gutters with Metro Seamless Gutters. I may need to post some before and after.