View Full Version : OKC Office Market in National RE Mag

bjohn9
04-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to this board but I'm an OKC native from the 1960s and will be returning to the city in the next few months.

I like all of the positive national press I'm seeing about the city, and wanted to add my two cents, a short feature I wrote for National Real Estate Investor magazine last month:

Bucking the Trend: Oklahoma City Shines Brightly Amid Dark Economy (http://nreionline.com/news/oklahoma_city_shines_0323/)

I was the editor of this national pub for most of the 1990s and wanted to share.

Thanks.

OKCMallen
04-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Awesome, thanks for sharing and welcome to the board.

JOHNINSOKC
04-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I believe that all of the positive national press that OKC is getting as of late is a sign that this metro has finally taken the next step towards being one of the premiere regions of the country in the future. The fact that OKC is doing so well, in what is considered one of the two worst recessions ever, shows how strong our local economy has become since the bust of the 1980's. It's rewarding, as a longtime citizen of the metro area, to hear all of the positive things that many of us here knew we had the potential of becoming a great city. It was just a matter of the rest of the country recognizing that OKC is actually a major, up-and-coming metropolis that has everything to offer that most of the talked about cities have. I'm looking forward to the Devon Tower to be constructed. It will no doubt change any negative opinions about OKC that any naysayers might have, albeit they are getting fewer by the month.:)

OKCMallen
04-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Our economy is unique since it's based on two fairly inelastic industries: agricultural production and oil and gas production. Even in the down times, these industries are needed...and if we're still experiencing growth now (which we are) just THINK about how we will be next summer when oil and nat. gas prices go back up... As long as we make good decisions, we might not hit the super-highs that other parts of the country hit, but we may avoid those back-breaking lows (like we are now).