View Full Version : Where are ya from?

nik4411
04-25-2009, 09:23 PM
So where is everybody from? Thought this might be interesting to see who is from OKC, who is from outer areas across the state and who has moved here from other reaches of the world.

I was originally born in OKC, raised in Yukon/Mustang in the Westridge area, then my family moved to Scotland for my dad's job, then on to Fort Smith from there. Now I'm back to finish up school.

What about everyone else?

jstanthrnme
04-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Born & raised in Watonga, moved to OKC for college.

OKCDrummer77
04-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Born in Wellington, KS. Spent a short time in San Antonio and Tulsa, moved to Enid when I was 5. Graduated HS there and moved to OKC for college. Been here ever since.

Karried
04-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Born in San Jose, California... lived in the San Francisco Bay Area my entire life .. moved here 6 years ago.

OKCisOK4me
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Born in Norman, raised in Edmond, lived in north central Missouri for three years of high school, partied for two years in residence at Stillwater, before moving back to the OKC area where I've been ever since!

My sister wants me to move out to Arizona and I do like it out there but my heart and soul is here in OKC. Love the strides this city is making and don't want to miss out on any of it!

Luke
04-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Born in Seattle, stayed there till age 6. Spent two years in St. Paul, Minnesota. Raised in Sulphur, Oklahoma. College in Norman. Upon graduation moved to OKC and have been in the OKC area for over 10 years now.

PennyQuilts
04-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Born in Texas, moved to OKC when I was eleven. Raised my family here then moved to the Washington DC area when I was 42. We have a home waiting for us in OKC and will be back as soon as possible - certainly within the next three years and hopefully much sooner.

Stan Silliman
04-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Born in Panhandle, went to Woodward schools, then OCU, moved to Norman and there ever since.

Thunder
04-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Born in OKC. Baby in Choctaw for bout 2 years, then South OKC for a few years. Moved to Del City for most of school life, last few months of high school in Checotah, then lil over a year in Okmulgee for college. Back to Del City for several years and now in South OKC since December.

workman45
04-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I was born in Dallas but we moved back to the Ouachita Forest when I was 2. I was raised in the area, 7 miles from the Arkansas line, beautiful country. I moved out of state in my late 20's. I lived 2 years in the San Joaquin valley, just over the hill from the Bay area. I spent 10 years in North Idaho, 70 miles from the Canadian line. I survived another 3 years in the San Joaquin valley and finally landed in OKC in mid 2003. After downshifting a couple of gears, I’m definitely enjoying the lifestyle.

PennyQuilts
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
I was born in Dallas but we moved back to the Ouachita Forest when I was 2. I was raised in the area, 7 miles from the Arkansas line, beautiful country. I moved out of state in my late 20's. I lived 2 years in the San Joaquin valley, just over the hill from the Bay area. I spent 10 years in North Idaho, 70 miles from the Canadian line. I survived another 3 years in the San Joaquin valley and finally landed in OKC in mid 2003. After downshifting a couple of gears, I’m definitely enjoying the lifestyle.

You've lived in some beautiful places!

workman45
04-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Yes, I have, but it can be difficult making a living there.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Born and raised in the Detroit area, joined Marine Corps for 4 years, moved here 7 years ago in October.

Insider
04-27-2009, 07:49 AM
I was born and raised in metro Atlanta (Smyrna, mostly). I moved to Norman in 2001 for college and have lived there ever since (all of eight years, lol).

Jesseda
04-27-2009, 10:41 AM
born in hayward california, my dad transferred here (Moore) in the early 80s for General motors, I have been here ever since, so i have been in moore oklahoma 95 percent of my life. My sister moved to moore about 5 years ago from the bay area, she likes it out here, my other sister moved after graduating from moore high in the 90s, she lives in san diego, but is planning on coming back to moore, she misses it...

westsidesooner
04-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I was born at St. Anthonys here in OKC and lived most of my childhood in north OKC. When i was 16 I moved to Mission Viejo, California for two years before returning to Oklahoma. I lived in OKC then Edmond for a couple of years and now live on the westside/Bethany. I loved Orange County, but Oklahoma is home.

TaoMaas
04-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Technically, I was born in OKC at St. Anthony's, but that's only because my mom's doctor thought she was going to have a difficult delivery. I was raised in Duncan and started living in the OKC area when I came up here to go to college over 35 years ago. Been here ever since.

Of Sound Mind
04-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Born in Pensacola, Florida.

During my childhood, I lived in the following locations:

Beeville, Texas
Back to Pensacola, Florida
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Rural South Carolina, near Columbia
Ogden, Kansas (just west of Manhattan)
Very rural western Kansas (closest town was Scott City, 30 minutes away)
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Rural Indiana, northwest of Indianapolis
Lebanon, Indiana (just northwest of Indianapolis)

Transplanted to Oklahoma during my senior year of high school, graduating from Altus High School. Moved to Stillwater to attend Oklahoma State University. Since then, I've lived in the following Oklahoma towns:

Wagoner
Back to Stillwater
Cushing
Norman
Oklahoma City
Edmond (where I've lived for the last 10 years)

Luke
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Born in Pensacola, Florida.

During my childhood, I lived in the following locations:

Beeville, Texas
Back to Pensacola, Florida
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Rural South Carolina, near Columbia
Ogden, Kansas (just west of Manhattan)
Very rural western Kansas (closest town was Scott City, 30 minutes away)
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Rural Indiana, northwest of Indianapolis
Lebanon, Indiana (just northwest of Indianapolis)

Transplanted to Oklahoma during my senior year of high school, graduating from Altus High School. Moved to Stillwater to attend Oklahoma State University. Since then, I've lived in the following Oklahoma towns:

Wagoner
Back to Stillwater
Cushing
Norman
Oklahoma City
Edmond (where I've lived for the last 10 years)

Slap some references on there and ya' got yourself a resume!

;)

Dar405301
04-27-2009, 12:32 PM
i was born at south community(now southwest medical) in okc. noble is my hometown. i've lived in tampa, orlando, seattle, denver(which i consider my second home), and now i live in jacksonville florida. i'll come back to oklahoma hopefully about a year from now so that i can go to OU.

westsidesooner
04-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Born in Seattle, stayed there till age 6. Spent two years in St. Paul, Minnesota. Raised in Sulphur, Oklahoma. College in Norman. Upon graduation moved to OKC and have been in the OKC area for over 10 years now.

You've lived in some great spots Luke. Seattle and St Paul are both very beautiful cities. And Sulphur is a great little town, I guess your familiar with the dog trade then? <----love it!! We go to Sulphur/Arbuckle several weekends every summer. I can't wait to get down there.

Luke
04-29-2009, 09:53 AM
You've lived in some great spots Luke. Seattle and St Paul are both very beautiful cities. And Sulphur is a great little town, I guess your familiar with the dog trade then? <----love it!! We go to Sulphur/Arbuckle several weekends every summer. I can't wait to get down there.

Yep, I've been to the dog trade a few times. :)

And yes, I've been blessed to have been raised in very nice places. I grew up in Sulphur since I was eight years old, so I don't remember much about Seattle and St. Paul. But I have been back to visit since then.

Sulphur was a great town to grow up in. Of course the people are nice, the football was good and I pretty much lived at the Park (aka: Chickasaw National Recreation Area) as it was a few blocks from my house.

I can't complain a bit.
:)

bigjkt405
04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I was born and lived the first 17 years of my life in corridor between Lincoln Blvd to Lottie, 23rd to 4th St. Then onto Stillwater for 4.5 years, then to Orlando, FL for a year, back to OKC for 9 months, then to Tulsa for 2.5 years, and now back in OKC for 3 years....

DaveSkater
04-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Born in Denver CO. Moved here at the tender age of 2. Lived near the 23rd and MacArthur area till 17. Folks moved us to Bluestem. Then I moved out to the village, then to the Mayfair area, then to the 23rd and Portland area.
CURRENTLY MOVING TO SURREY HILLS!!!

OkieInTexas
08-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Born and raised in Watonga.

OKC, OK - 1970 to 1972
Moore, OK - 1972 to 1980
Abilene, TX - 1980 to 1982
Watonga, OK - 1982 to 1988
OKC, OK - 1988 to 1994
Ft. Collins, CO - 1994 to 1999
Tulsa, OK - 1999 to 2005
Forney, TX - 2005 to present

CaptDave
09-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Military kid....born at Ft Leavenworth KS, then SC, AL, NC, MO, VA, Japan, NC, FL, NY, VA, NC, TN, and now OK. There are several shorter stops between a few of them...not to mention military "vacations" to exotic locales!! Came to OKC for job, job went away but OKC had grown on me so I stayed. Moved to Edmond for the schools, etc....will be here for a few more years at least.

PennyQuilts
09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Welcome, Captdave! Thanks for your family's service and I hope you are able to stay awhile.

MsDarkstar
09-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Born at St. Anthony's in '78, raised in Moore, graduated MHS in '96, spent my first year of college in Weatherford, then back to Moore & commuted for college. Lived in NW OKC from 1999-2000, then back to Moore. I'm engaged to a wonderful man that's in the Air Force, so it's looking like after 31 years of being an Okie I'm going to be seeing a different part of the State's pretty soon. Kinda scary for me! lol

icemncmth
09-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Born in Alexandria VA. Lived in VA, FL, AK, MD, Washington DC, lived in OK for 25+ years.

Roadhawg
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Born and raised in SE Nebraska and came here for a job.

aintaokie
09-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Born in Gainesville, TX, left after school & moved to Denton,TX, my wife brought me "draggin' & screamin' "to Oklahoma. We've lived in Moore since 1999. Oklahoma's been good to us...... I love it here & here I'll stay. Don't get too homeesick for the Texa$$ rat race anymore.