View Full Version : New: VisitOklahomaCity video

AFCM
04-23-2009, 09:38 PM
YEEi8ylWACs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEEi8ylWACs[/YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEEi8ylWACs)

Doug Loudenback
04-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Very nice. Thanks, AFCM!

shane453
04-24-2009, 12:52 AM
We have a really good Chamber.

PennyQuilts
04-24-2009, 06:02 AM
Oh, that is nice. Thanks for putting that up. I sent it to my kids and some of my neighbors. I am sure they are excited to receive that but they can get over themselves. I think I'll put it on my blog, too!

bombermwc
04-24-2009, 08:34 AM
I love it when they update these things!!!!

julieriggs
04-24-2009, 08:45 AM
If you go to youtube to watch our videos, please RATE THEM! Of course, I think they all deserve five stars... but obviously I am biased. If positive Oklahoma City video is highly rated by many people on youtube, searches for "Oklahoma City" on their site will return results like the video above instead of prostitution, tornado, and bombing conspiracy related content. Good PR for our fair city!

Plus, I am on a mission to unseat my old PC High classmate Brian Bates from the #1 spot. Just kidding, Brian!! ;) (...sort of...)

YouTube - VisitOklahomaCity's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/visitoklahomacity)

AFCM
04-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Votebot!

jbrown84
04-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Great video! I'm not sure how I feel about the comparisons to other cities at the very beginning, but the visuals are great.

Doug Loudenback
04-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Oh, that is nice. Thanks for putting that up. I sent it to my kids and some of my neighbors. I am sure they are excited to receive that but they can get over themselves. I think I'll put it on my blog, too!
Where's your blog, East Coast Okie? I'd like to pay a visit.

Pete
04-25-2009, 01:42 PM
What's amazing to think about as you watch that 9+ minute promo is that 95% of everything shown wasn't there 20 years ago. And what was there has all been improved/enlarged/renovated, etc.

I know we have a long way to go in many areas and that change can seem to come very slowly in some ways, but watching that made me very proud of my hometown and excited about the next 20 years. So many great things still on the drawing board.

OKCDrummer77
04-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Great video! I'm not sure how I feel about the comparisons to other cities at the very beginning, but the visuals are great.

Better to be compared to Chicago and New York than, say, Little Rock or Omaha.

The first 30 seconds of this video aired as a commercial on ESPN during the Thunder-Hornets game back in November. I've searched for it a few times since then. Thanks, AFCM, for posting it.

OKCisOK4me
04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
I even noticed in the video an aerial view of the canal south of Reno which was still all grass! That as we all know is massively different now! I too, sent the video to my sister and mom. Who knows if they've watched it, but still...

mean mister mustard
04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Does anybody know anything about the two cancer centers coming soon that the video states?

jbrown84
04-29-2009, 04:43 PM
ProCure is a private proton therapy center going in on the far NW side of town and then there's the OU Cancer Center going in at the Health Science Center.

OKCMallen
04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Sorry, personal gripe, but how the heck does the Classen school of Advanced Studies get a shout-out, and the OKlahoma School of Science and Math is left out???

Architect2010
04-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Actually. Not even that.

If they're going to mention Classen SAS. They better had mention Southeast, Dove, and AZTEC; most definitely the Oklahoma School of Science and Math should have been prioritized over any of those. But I suppose they are touting is as an inner-city public school; regardless, it baffles me as to why they didn't mention other said schools.

Whatever. Still a great promotion.

fuzzytoad
04-29-2009, 10:11 PM
the video just seems to project the fact that OKC is "like" alotta other places but doesn't really deliver the same experience..

it's kinda sad, actually..

ronronnie1
04-29-2009, 11:49 PM
^^^Agreed. They should drop the whole "The excitement of Houston, the whatever of Los Angeles."

Millie
04-30-2009, 04:00 AM
Not a big fan of the houses they chose to show in the video either. I don't think that is representative of the architecture or housing stock in OKC... almost looks like that was intentional.

PennyQuilts
04-30-2009, 06:03 AM
Where's your blog, East Coast Okie? I'd like to pay a visit.

pennyquilts@blogspot.com. It is pretty nonintellectual and fairly tedious, especially lately. I set it up for for my quilting but when my dog got sick, last year, the progress of her cancer treatment pretty much took center stage. After I lost her, viewers had to suffer through my grief if they insisted on continuing to drop by. Since February, it has primarily been filled with pretty puppy pictures, cutsy comments about how darling they are, and angst about giving up my practice. I used to blog more about guardian ad litem work not so much, lately.

Edited - actually, as pointed out, below. That is an e-mail address. I don't think it is mine but I need to check . Here is the actual site: http://pennyquilts.blogspot.com/

kevinpate
04-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Pssst, that was your email. For folks wanting to read and not write to you, they might try
Penny Quilts (http://pennyquilts.blogspot.com/)

PennyQuilts
04-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Thanks, Kevin.

Lil'PlateBreaker
04-30-2009, 07:06 AM
you know once upon a time ago someone informed me of the exciting new future for Oklahoma, and that person was absolutely right............IM PROUD TO BE AN OKLAHOMAN, AND PROUD OF OUR PAST, PRESENT AND EXCITING NEW FUTURE.....

OKCMallen
04-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Actually. Not even that.

If they're going to mention Classen SAS. They better had mention Southeast, Dove, and AZTEC; most definitely the Oklahoma School of Science and Math should have been prioritized over any of those. But I suppose they are touting is as an inner-city public school; regardless, it baffles me as to why they didn't mention other said schools.

Whatever. Still a great promotion.

I agree....and I also agree that it would be cool to drop the references to the other cities....

High quality production!

Pete
04-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm sure the reason they hold up Classen is because it's an older, inner-city school that was renovated and remade into a great high school.

That's much more of a civic accomplishment than merely building a new specialty school.

And I agree about the comparisons to other cities. Also, every single person that starts watching that video knows it's about OKC, so the 'gotcha' of urban scenes not being one of those other places is silly.

Still, very professionally done and they are certainly doing their best to seize on the NBA PR.

shane453
04-30-2009, 04:09 PM
It's because Classen SAS is usually the only school in the city to show up on the "100 Best High Schools in the Nation" lists.

BBatesokc
05-01-2009, 01:52 PM
If you go to youtube to watch our videos, please RATE THEM! Of course, I think they all deserve five stars... but obviously I am biased. If positive Oklahoma City video is highly rated by many people on youtube, searches for "Oklahoma City" on their site will return results like the video above instead of prostitution, tornado, and bombing conspiracy related content. Good PR for our fair city!

Plus, I am on a mission to unseat my old PC High classmate Brian Bates from the #1 spot. Just kidding, Brian!! ;) (...sort of...)

YouTube - VisitOklahomaCity's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/visitoklahomacity)

Ewwww, a challenge. Just remember, I have over 50-million total views.

I watched several of your videos. Good stuff! That was actually one of the questions posed to me when I was invited to address the Bricktown Rotary. "How do you feel about people typing 'oklahoma city' into YouTube's search and the results are your prostitution videos occupy 5 of the top 10 spots?"

Hopefully people will embedded your videos into their blogs, etc. and get them lots of exposure.

See you at the reunion!? My wife is very jealous of your photos on your FaceBook (all the travels).

jbrown84
05-01-2009, 03:42 PM
^^^Agreed. They should drop the whole "The excitement of Houston, the whatever of Los Angeles."

Yeah that's the only thing I didn't like.

julieriggs
05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Ewwww, a challenge. Just remember, I have over 50-million total views.

I watched several of your videos. Good stuff! That was actually one of the questions posed to me when I was invited to address the Bricktown Rotary. "How do you feel about people typing 'oklahoma city' into YouTube's search and the results are your prostitution videos occupy 5 of the top 10 spots?"

Hopefully people will embedded your videos into their blogs, etc. and get them lots of exposure.

See you at the reunion!? My wife is very jealous of your photos on your FaceBook (all the travels).

Yes - I will see you all at the reunion :)

It was actually quite funny when I started working on the Chamber/CVB YouTube channel and investigating how the rankings work and what content we were competing with for the top rankings. "Hmmm... what is this stuff? Oh geez, prostitution. Wait! Bates? I KNOW THAT GUY!!!"

I mean it all in good fun, really. We usually get something in the top ten... so we will always be on the user's first page. I would be curious to know how many viewers come to our YouTube hosted videos via search engine results as opposed to YouTube search results, but YouTube doesn't get that detailed in the reporting.

Doug Loudenback
05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
pennyquilts@blogspot.com. It is pretty nonintellectual and fairly tedious, especially lately. I set it up for for my quilting but when my dog got sick, last year, the progress of her cancer treatment pretty much took center stage. After I lost her, viewers had to suffer through my grief if they insisted on continuing to drop by. Since February, it has primarily been filled with pretty puppy pictures, cutsy comments about how darling they are, and angst about giving up my practice. I used to blog more about guardian ad litem work not so much, lately.

Edited - actually, as pointed out, below. That is an e-mail address. I don't think it is mine but I need to check . Here is the actual site: Penny Quilts (http://pennyquilts.blogspot.com/)
I just now saw your reply.

What a charming, beautiful, well done blog. I doubt that you sleep as much as the photo suggests, though! Nice countdown clock, too.

OUman
05-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Good stuff, great promotional video.