View Full Version : New construction - J-park

wsucougz
04-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Anyone know what's being built at approximately 26th/27th and Robinson on the East side of the road(amongst all the old multi-family buildings there)?

Within the last couple of days it looks like excavation for a foundation has started.

I'm curious if it's another J-park community spec build, custom home or multifamily.

huskysooner
04-23-2009, 12:44 PM
It is another house being built by the Jefferson Park Neighborhood Association. I'm not sure if it is one of the "affordable" houses built under the CHDO designation or if its a simple spec house.

Loren and Liz Capron as well as the rest of the JPNA are doing a nice job in the neighborhood.

wsucougz
04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I took a look at the foundation on the way home from work. Looks promising so far.

huskysooner
04-24-2009, 08:43 AM
The Jefferson Park Neighborhood Association is building another bungalow on that spot. Not sure if it will be on the market at standard price or as a CHDO home.

I live a few blocks away.

wsucougz
04-24-2009, 10:49 AM
The Jefferson Park Neighborhood Association is building another bungalow on that spot. Not sure if it will be on the market at standard price or as a CHDO home.

I live a few blocks away.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the county assessor has it owned by JPNA:

Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet (http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/AN-R.asp?ACCOUNTNO=R046927320)

Hopefully it will be a little different than the single-hipped bungaloes they have been building. Don't get me wrong, Capron deserves a lot of credit for kick-starting the neighborhood, so I'm not about to knock him, but it would be nice to see a little more variety going forward.

The designs currently being used by the Paseo Neighborhood Association are a little nicer, IMO.