View Full Version : Vehicle Warranty Calls

Lurker34
04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I know they're not a local company, but lately this company has been blowing up my cell phone trying to sell me a car warranty. The State of Oklahoma is trying to shut them down.

State Hopes 'Second Notice' On Vehicle Warranty Is Last - Money News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City (http://www.koco.com/money/19242125/detail.html)

The story says the company's name is Warranty Solutions. I found a number for them on the web if anyone wants to call them. (303) 913-7678. Hopefully the number is good and we can ring the phone off their walls. (Just like they do my cell phone). Happy dialing!

Lurker34
04-21-2009, 03:52 PM
The phone number that shows up when they call is 702-346-2420. I saved it as "Don't Answer".

Midtowner
04-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Put your cell phone on the do not call list for telemarketers.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Lurker34
04-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Already did. Didn't do much good.

bandnerd
04-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I got that call yesterday.

Luke
04-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Me too! My warranty has almost expired for months now.

Midtowner
04-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Already did. Didn't do much good.

Yeah, apparently, these guys were ignoring it. I just followed the prompts and eventually was able to get them to stop calling me. You should definitely report it to the AG though.

http://www.oag.state.ok.us/oagweb.nsf/ccomp.html

otis
05-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I think I got a call yesterday from these idiots, if so they have changed there number and got a new name.
number on my phone was 909-691-9149 with the name of Platino Interpr

When I first picked up the phone I heard a person laughing then the phone was switched over to a recorded message. Listed to the whole message and at the end I could either hang up and not receive anymore calls or I could place the order because we all know just hanging up will mean more calls from these annoying idiots. So I opted for placing an order with the intent to tell this idiots that I was on the national do not call list. Got out half of my statement when I heard laughing again and the Sh— hung up. Tried to block the # through ATT but could not.

Hope they get shut down soon.

Otis

Duckslammer
05-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I know they're not a local company, but lately this company has been blowing up my cell phone trying to sell me a car warranty. The State of Oklahoma is trying to shut them down.

I got rid of them very easily. I waited until a human came on the line, acted sort of confused and said "I don't know why you people are still calling me, I already bought one of your warranties".

Haven't heard from them in months.

dismayed
05-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Looks like the Feds just went after these folks:

Finally: Federal Judge Shuts Down Car Warranty Robocallers (http://consumerist.com/5256770/federal-judge-shuts-down-car-warranty-robocallers)

Dar405301
05-17-2009, 11:24 AM
i just bought a kia with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty, and i'm already getting the calls saying that my warranty will expire in a couple of months.

kevinpate
05-17-2009, 07:42 PM
well, kia months, like the cars, may be smaller 8^)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-18-2009, 02:15 AM
I wonder if they'll sell me a warranty on my Pontiac?

PennyQuilts
05-18-2009, 04:47 AM
I got rid of them very easily. I waited until a human came on the line, acted sort of confused and said "I don't know why you people are still calling me, I already bought one of your warranties".

Haven't heard from them in months.

You got a HUMAN? I tried like heck to get a human just so I could tell them to stop calling. No luck.

Are you SURE it was a human?

kevinpate
05-18-2009, 07:59 AM
I have relatively few business contacts outside of 6 area codes in Oklahoma and Texas. The few personal call folks by and large pop up by name as they are programmed.

Generally, other AC's float over to voice mail. None of these warranty calls hit the house, but I do find 1-3 a week in my cell vm. I delete and move forward.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Evidently, one of the yahoos on Reddit was getting enough of these calls that he went e-postal on one of the offending companies...So did a great many Reddit users. They tracked down the name of the company, it's phone number, business address, CEO's name and address...You name it, they found it. They then went bat**** crazy with calling the place, filling up voicemail boxes...Then (and this is where I think it may cross into criminal areas) somebody figured out their phone system, got into it, and started changing things around.