View Full Version : Whataburger

MsDarkstar
04-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Has anyone tried out the new Whataburger? I've been there once for breakfast & have picked up dinner there twice (wow, I REALLY need to start cooking again lol) - I'm a fan of the food. The line is crazy slow though. I've waited no less than 20 minutes each time I've been. The last time they even had the line split in two after you ordered & just had someone walking out to the car to take money & deliver food.

ultimatesooner
04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Has anyone tried out the new Whataburger? I've been there once for breakfast & have picked up dinner there twice (wow, I REALLY need to start cooking again lol) - I'm a fan of the food. The line is crazy slow though. I've waited no less than 20 minutes each time I've been. The last time they even had the line split in two after you ordered & just had someone walking out to the car to take money & deliver food.

everyone in Moore is gonna get fat

Jesseda
04-16-2009, 02:15 PM
does anybody know where i can gets some stretch jeans? lol

ddavidson8
04-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Whataburger is great, but since they don't start your food before you order, you'll always have a wait. That's just the way it goes.

Thunder
04-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah, people should be pleased with that. The same for Steak 'n Shake, they only cook upon order.

MsDarkstar
04-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm ok with a wait, but I am kinda thinking that the wait isn't JUST because of everything being cooked to order. Every time I've been there, while waiting in line I've been watching 3-4 employees at a time leave for smoke breaks out by the dumpster. The morning that I was there to get breakfast, I watched (and listened) to what I assume was the manager going out to the dumpster to yell at her employees for there being too many people on break at once & order some back inside.

ddavidson8
04-16-2009, 04:50 PM
If it's a new place it's probably just growing pains. Couple lazy kids with food cooked fresh and you're going to have to wait a while.

ndmoore
04-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Try the honey chicken biscuit for breakfast!!!

Jesseda
04-20-2009, 09:15 AM
tried going by there yesturday around noon, drive through was lined up : (.. I finally checked out petsmart, it seems nicer that the i-240 one. The empoyees where all really nice and helpful. We boughta small fish tank for the kids, and the worker at the fish area, was really great with our kids when it came to picking some fish out ( my kids are really picky, even if 50 of the same fish look exactly alike) they have to have a certain one and the employee did that for them.

Thunder
04-20-2009, 11:43 AM
We bought a small fish tank for the kids, and the worker at the fish area, was really great with our kids when it came to picking some fish out ( my kids are really picky, even if 50 of the same fish look exactly alike) they have to have a certain one and the employee did that for them.

You made a huge mistake. Putting fishies into a newly set up tank is a HUGE NO NO! This is why I frown on a lot of customers not doing their research, going out to buy a tank with random selected fishies that appeals to them.

First thing is to consider very carefully the size of the tank and space available for it. One standard rule is to buy the biggest size affordable with the budget plan. The bigger the tank, the easier it is to maintain (of course, with knowledge).

A newly set up tank will need to go thru some intitial cycle to build up the good bacteria to convert ammonia then on to nitrite and nitrate. Filtration is very important as to the size of the tank and the kind of fishies. After a few days, I would say bout 1 to 3 fishies to start the process further and only add very little every 1 to 2 weeks until the max occupancy is reached.

As for how many fishies to have in a tank, it depends on what kind of fishies and their size. This is important as well. Overcrowding will lead to array of issues.

Goldfish? Well, one for the first 10 or 20 gallon, depending on their size and then one additional each 10 gallon. A 55 gallon tank can hold 4 max, providing there is 10x the filtration, etc.

There's a lot to learn and everyone new at this will just bout always fail (dead fishies). Be prepared, play it smart, and the result will be rewarding.

There's a lot more, but the topic is bout Whataburger. :ohno:

jon
04-27-2009, 09:10 AM
They have the BEST ketchup.

mamato4gr8boys
04-27-2009, 09:12 AM
We ate there a week ago for the first time ever. They have them in Lawton. We were surprised prices were not that outrageous and burgers were not dry. I would recommend whataburger. I'll have to try their breakfast one of these days.

zrfdude
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
They have the BEST ketchup.

YES!!! And they are in CUPS! BRILLIANT!

cindyl57
05-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Great Ketchup!! Makes me laugh outloud...Remember the Sam's Onion Burgers at the Silverleaf Shopping Center...back in the 90's. I loved their burgers...My daughter worked there and that is funny too as she hates the smell of onions... She orders everything without onions...So anyways...They had the WORST Ketchup I had ever tasted...So being the Nerd I am...When I would go there to eat...I would take my own bottle...BYOB...We still laugh about that..I do miss Sam's though...and it was close to home....

ddavidson8
05-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Where was the Silverleaf Shopping Center?

Doug Loudenback
05-02-2009, 07:37 PM
My daughter and I have a special fondness for Whataburger ... since we have a much more than special fondness for Corpus Christi, which is Whataburger's home!

oneforone
05-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Where was the Silverleaf Shopping Center?

It is at 12th and Eastern, the shopping center where Pratts was located.