View Full Version : Orange Tree Frozen Yogurt

thejohnsmith
04-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I was out in Edmond the other day and saw Orange Tree and was really excited to finally get some yogurt in my own town!! Unffortunately I was very dissapointed. I quickly realized that it was nothing compared to Pink Swirls in Midwest City and Passionberri in Norman. The yogurt was ok but it did not taste anything like the flavor it was supposed to be. I guess I will just have drive out to Midwest City or Norman to satisfy my yogurt craving. Does anyone know if Pink Swirls or Passionberri is coming to Edmond?

okyeah
04-15-2009, 05:51 PM
I would imagine some more froyo type places would open up in Edmond. Didn't the orange tree in Edmond just recently open? Maybe Pinkberry will open and compete w/them.

onthestrip
04-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Ive tried it. Eh. Maybe I got the wrong flavor. The cheesecake was decent, but the original tart was not good.

And Im not sure Pinkberry will be opening a store in edmond soon as I believe they are only located in LA and NY right now.

metro
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Pink Swirl, no "s", anyhow where is Orange Tree? Also what I find ironic is that OKC used to have tons of TCBY and no one supported them so they all closed. Now that FroYo is a trend, everyone is dying to have it all the sudden.

onthestrip
04-16-2009, 05:21 PM
OrangeTree is at 15th n bryant in Edmond. It does at least have a nice look.

nuidea
04-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Awesome! Nice look and fantastic flavors.
I've tried pink swirls before and I strongly feel that it's a lot better
than having sushi and yogurt together.
I would recommend to everyone that I know to try delicious and healthy
dessert.

nuidea
04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I was out in Edmond the other day and saw Orange Tree and was really excited to finally get some yogurt in my own town!! Unffortunately I was very dissapointed. I quickly realized that it was nothing compared to Pink Swirls in Midwest City and Passionberri in Norman. The yogurt was ok but it did not taste anything like the flavor it was supposed to be. I guess I will just have drive out to Midwest City or Norman to satisfy my yogurt craving. Does anyone know if Pink Swirls or Passionberri is coming to Edmond?

Maybe it's only you. Having sushi and yogurt together is a bad idea.

jbkrems
04-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Orange Tree is great for those in Edmond. I went late Saturday night and they were jammed. I had three fruit flavors, blueberry, pineapple, and peach, and they were all good, but I especially thought the pineapple was refreshing, and would get it again, maybe with strawberry. Also, the fruit topping bar was good. I definitely recommend.

nuidea
04-21-2009, 02:53 PM

Are you woking for the Pink Swirls or something? Because I loved it and all my friends who been there thought it was best thing that came to town recently...and it taste great!!!

thejohnsmith
04-21-2009, 06:09 PM
For your information, I DO NOT work for Pink Swirls. Maybe you work for Orange Tree and that is why you are getting so offended. Anyways, I thought that this website was supposed to talk about the QUALITY of the food not the concept.

TKDhotstud
04-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm actually the manager of orangetree. My name is Jason and my uncle and aunt is the owner. For thejohnsmith, I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our product. We are different from pink swirls and passionberry. Our store originated in Hawaii. No hard feelings, I mean everyone is different, it's a brand new store. I'm glad to hear that someone does like our product like nuidea, haha, maybe I'll catch you in there one day and I probably already have.

diesel
05-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm actually the manager of orangetree. My name is Jason and my uncle and aunt is the owner. For thejohnsmith, I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our product. We are different from pink swirls and passionberry. Our store originated in Hawaii. No hard feelings, I mean everyone is different, it's a brand new store. I'm glad to hear that someone does like our product like nuidea, haha, maybe I'll catch you in there one day and I probably already have.

that is a HUGE avatar.... too bad your fog light button doesnt exist... :) i have the same car except i have a 6 speed v6.. (sicksix) nice ride

Thunder
05-01-2009, 12:16 PM
TKD, here is a resized avatar you can save and reupload.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4351/avatar72661.jpg

I don't like yogurt. lol

Centerback
05-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Pink Swirl, no "s", anyhow where is Orange Tree? Also what I find ironic is that OKC used to have tons of TCBY and no one supported them so they all closed. Now that FroYo is a trend, everyone is dying to have it all the sudden.

Metro, while correcting another poster, I might have used the term incongruent rather than ironic in your statement.:irule:

knightunder
05-14-2009, 07:55 PM
i went there last week with my gf , we tried many flavors , some were ok some were bland, not a fan for sure, place smells like a dentist office what is up with that? and iam sure how safe it is when the kids in front of me were touching the nozzles with theie fingers, kind of gross

Tex
06-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Went to Orange Tree earlier tonight. Place was bumpin'. Line almost out to the door. So I don't know if anyone explained this yet but I wanted to share how this place works. Basically you start by grabbing a cup at the beginning of the line and then you make your way to the fro-yo machines. There were like 24+ different flavors to choose from that are all self-serve. After that you arrive at the toppings bar where you can choose from different fruits, candies, chocolates and nuts. Then you weigh it at the register and pay for it. Pretty cool atmosphere and very tasty fro-yo.

I made a tropical fro-yo combo. Had mango, pomegranate, banana, and pineapple fro-yo and added sliced kiwi, strawberries, blackberries, shaved coconut, and almonds. Since it was so packed inside it was kinda hot and stuffy, so we strolled around the shops with all the others.

oumoodman85
06-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Went to Orange Tree earlier tonight. Place was bumpin'. Line almost out to the door. So I don't know if anyone explained this yet but I wanted to share how this place works. Basically you start by grabbing a cup at the beginning of the line and then you make your way to the fro-yo machines. There were like 24+ different flavors to choose from that are all self-serve. After that you arrive at the toppings bar where you can choose from different fruits, candies, chocolates and nuts. Then you weigh it at the register and pay for it. Pretty cool atmosphere and very tasty fro-yo.

I made a tropical fro-yo combo. Had mango, pomegranate, banana, and pineapple fro-yo and added sliced kiwi, strawberries, blackberries, shaved coconut, and almonds. Since it was so packed inside it was kinda hot and stuffy, so we strolled around the shops with all the others.

Pretty much the same concept as Orange Cup in the Park Cities area of Dallas (and Plano I believe). Except Orange Cup only offers 3 flavors of yogurt, but countless toppings. Also, they put a label on each cup of yogurt with the nutritional value of the yogurt + all the toppings. Pretty cool. Do the places in Midwest City and Norman do this?

knightunder
06-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Oange cup is a much better yogurt, orange tree in edmond is more trendy but no flavor, the place is full of teens and I have no idea why the keep the door open when it is 100 degrees outside, lot of flies all over the place, not for me for sure...

Tex
06-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Here's an Orange Tree review I found on eataroundokc.com

Oklahoma City fro-yo smackdown, part three: Orange Tree | Oklahoma City Restaurants (http://www.eataroundokc.com/2009/oklahoma-city-fro-yo-smackdown-part-three-orange-tree/)

Debzkidz
06-29-2009, 06:51 AM
My family loves Orange Tree and have been several times. We went one night last week and the line was out the door, but it still moved very quickly. I did notice this weekend that there is another froyo place in the works in Edmond. I saw a sign for Lushberries fro yo at 33rd and Broadway, in what used to be Quiznos. Not yet open, but the location is undergoing renovations.

fromdust
07-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Orange Tree is great for those in Edmond. I went late Saturday night and they were jammed. I had three fruit flavors, blueberry, pineapple, and peach, and they were all good, but I especially thought the pineapple was refreshing, and would get it again, maybe with strawberry. Also, the fruit topping bar was good. I definitely recommend.

went there for the first time, and it was aight. thing is its been open since like march or april, and the place is still packed. about 35ppl in line 20ppl outside and all the tables filled. they sure like it out there!

onthestrip
07-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Orangetree will be opening a store in Stillwater in the coming months. A coming soon sign has been put up in the space next to Old School Bagel Cafe, which is still under construction.

linze
08-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Orange Tree will also be opening a store at 849 S.W. 119th off western. Same location where Lemon Grass, Smoke Shack, and Papa Murphys is. Which I found odd because it's very close to the recently opened Lemon Tree. Should be interesting to see how that goes.

Linze!

Nefarious
08-29-2009, 09:46 AM
My wife and I have been to OT many times and never had a bad experience. We've tried most flavors and they were spot on to what was suggested. Our only wish was that it wasn't full of so many teens at night. Seems to have become a local edmond teen hangout.

mmonroe
08-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Pink Swirl is great. I guess all frozen yogurt places work the same. Grab a cup, self serve, weigh and peigh. lol.

Jon27
02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
This place is awesome! Went to the one in Yukon today. Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl with Butterfinger!! Why did they change their name to Orange Leaf?

PennyQuilts
02-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I think it's great, too.

Chance23
02-07-2010, 09:28 AM
I enjoyed it. The flavors of the yogurt were really mild though. I didn't get a strong flavor out of the ones I tried.

PennyQuilts
02-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I enjoyed it. The flavors of the yogurt were really mild though. I didn't get a strong flavor out of the ones I tried.

Agreed. The green apple was a little stronger. I didn't try some of the ones like pineapple so maybe I just stuck with mild ones.

Jon27
02-07-2010, 10:16 AM

That's strange, we had the opposite. I had chocolate peanut butter swirl, and my wife strawberry cheesecake swirl. The flavors were pretty strong. Maybe it's the fruit ones that are mild. I'll have to try them to see.

PennyQuilts
02-07-2010, 10:43 AM
That's strange, we had the opposite. I had chocolate peanut butter swirl, and my wife strawberry cheesecake swirl. The flavors were pretty strong. Maybe it's the fruit ones that are mild. I'll have to try them to see.

I didn't try either of those so that may explain it. They sound really good.

Chance23
02-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I've had the peanut butter and it was. Maybe it was just the mix the day I went.