View Full Version : Remodeling at Popeye's

selk1
04-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I see they are working on the building at the old Popeye's. Anyone know what will be going in there?

Charlie40
04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Did the Moore popeyes go out of business?

Jesseda
04-16-2009, 10:28 AM
thats what a friend told me the other day, they went to go get some chicken, and it was empty inside, I guess they moved out overnight

selk1
04-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes, they closed a couple of months ago.

MsDarkstar
04-16-2009, 11:04 AM
They've been gone for at least 6wks now. I picked up dinner there one evening, went back a couple of days later & they were closed. It kind of surprised me because they usually had a steady stream of business, but on the other hand their service was sub par. I went inside once to eat & one of the employees had her child at work with her...he was under age 10 & running around behind the counter. We were the only ones eating inside at the time and the entire time we were there she was screaming at him to behave. Then about three months ago I went through the drive-thru and the person at the window was talking on her cell phone.

Jesseda
04-16-2009, 11:19 AM
wow tells you how long its been since I have been to popeyes, the crew there took to long to make the food, i waited almost 20 minutes for my order at the drive thru, only person there! but that popeyes was put ina hidden location and a hard location to get to

MsDarkstar
04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
If you were headed West on 19th trying to turn left into it in the evenings it was really bad; so hard to see oncoming traffic. I think that the location isn't technically as bad now as it used to be with all the new developments on that side (PetsMart, Ross, etc) and I'm sure that empty area between there & Waffle House will fill up with something...then that building won't be by itself anymore, it'll just be one of many. I'm definitely interested in seeing what goes in there. I'd LOVE to see a Panera Bread on that side of town.

Charlie40
04-16-2009, 12:01 PM
I wish they would remodel or redo some of the stuff on 12th street and put some decent restaurants in there besides just the few fast food places. It is definately more run down from Janeway to the west to Santa Fe

Jesseda
04-16-2009, 12:05 PM
we needa cracker barrel in moore

selk1
04-22-2009, 07:17 AM
It looks like it's going to be Sunny Side Up Omelettes.

Jesseda
04-22-2009, 07:29 AM
to many breakfast places in that area, i dont think it can compete, we have jimmys eggs and ihop just on the other side of the freeway, plus not to mention all the fast food joints in that area that serves breakfast

Charlie40
04-22-2009, 07:58 AM
to many breakfast places in that area, i dont think it can compete, we have jimmys eggs and ihop just on the other side of the freeway, plus not to mention all the fast food joints in that area that serves breakfast

Waffle House also

Jesseda
04-22-2009, 08:54 AM
i missed waffle house.. see there is so many i forget.. plus i believe the whataburger serves breakfast as well.

Charlie40
04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
i missed waffle house.. see there is so many i forget.. plus i believe the whataburger serves breakfast as well.

Yes they do and the popeyes location is not the best kinda hard to get to and stuck back away from the interstate also.

HamWx
05-26-2009, 03:52 PM
I think this should be looked at like the CVS / Walgreen's marketing mentality; they are always near each other for a reason.
If you already have people exiting I-35 for breakfast, it's smarter from a business standpoint to put a breakfast establishment near other breakfast establishments (especially those who advertise along the interstate). Overflow naturally will find it's way to the location.
As for locals eating there, yeah, it's not the easiest place to get in and out of but if it's the difference between sitting for 3 minutes and waiting for a break in traffic and sitting 30 minutes waiting for my name to reach the top of a waiting list have a cookie-cutter breakfast at the other area options, I'm all for it!

selk1
07-17-2009, 01:54 PM
It's taken a long time, but it looks like they will be opening soon. Quite a bit of work to the building and parking lot.