View Full Version : Never Leave Your Partner Behind

bartsimpson
04-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Are you in a struggling relationships facing breakup or divorce?
Are you in a great marriage/relationship but want to keep it strong?
Are you single/divorced and have a desire to be prepared to create a strong relationship in the future?

The how would you like to see a free movie? Have a night out by yourself or with your significant other.

There is a public showing of the movie "Fireproof" Friday, April 24th at 7:00pm located at
Lake Overholser Church of the Nazarene
3900 E. Overholser Dr.
Bethany, OK 73008

Karried
04-13-2009, 11:22 AM
It takes a lot for me to say this about a movie but I honestly disliked this flick. I didn't even get to the end. I couldn't bear it.

Hopefully, it helps some people out, but uuggghhhh... it was dreadful to watch.. and I love Kirk Cameron.

Has anyone else seen it?

Charlie40
04-13-2009, 11:49 AM
It takes a lot for me to say this about a movie but I honestly disliked this flick. I didn't even get to the end. I couldn't bear it.

Hopefully, it helps some people out, but uuggghhhh... it was dreadful to watch.. and I love Kirk Cameron.

Has anyone else seen it?

What about the movie did you not like?

trousers
04-13-2009, 03:45 PM
The preview was plenty for me, it just looks like a made-for-tv movie that somehow made the big screen.

Karried
04-14-2009, 08:25 AM
It was so preachy and unrealistic. The couple bickered and fought constantly and it was so tiring to watch ... I could see no reason why they were even together to begin with.

I just couldn't find anything that I liked.

Maybe if I were into the religious aspect of it, it would have been fine.

Anyway, don't take my word for it.. if you need help with your marriage, by all means, give it a shot.

TaoMaas
04-14-2009, 10:15 AM
The couple bickered and fought constantly and it was so tiring to watch ... I could see no reason why they were even together to begin with.

Oh, so it was too true-to-life. I see.

(J/K)

Karried
04-14-2009, 03:57 PM
lol... yep, some weddings shouldn't have ever been allowed to take place.

I couldn't take a relationship like that. We're going on 21 years.

kevinpate
04-14-2009, 09:18 PM
sit in a pew to watch a couple argue? nah, there's lot more comfortable places to engage in that form of observation.

PennyQuilts
04-15-2009, 05:31 AM
I am not sure how somene could allow or disallow people to get married. Sigh. Makes you almost - almost - long for the old days where parents had the final say since they were older and wiser! <g>

kmf563
04-15-2009, 07:22 AM
I don't even think it looks like a good movie. We had to watch the preview for it up here at work. Why, I have zero idea. It has nothing to do with work. Some of the managers actually had to watch the entire movie. I think Kirk Cameron is a horrible actor and from what I heard about the movie it sounds like it would only annoy me.

TaoMaas
04-15-2009, 08:28 AM
I am not sure how somene could allow or disallow people to get married. Sigh. Makes you almost - almost - long for the old days where parents had the final say since they were older and wiser! <g>

I agree with you, ECO. I have a friend who I thought had severe anger management issues until he got a divorce and started seeing someone else. It was like night and day. I noticed it and so did his father. We both told him that he was a completely different man. It made me realize that someone who I thought was a basically angry person was really just reflecting the frustrations in his personal life.

PennyQuilts
04-15-2009, 09:24 AM
I never would have believed this before I went into this business but I see SUCH a difference when you find the right man/right woman. It is amazing to me how many pure SOB's to the first wife turn into absolute teddy bears with the second - and it lasts over time. I don't know if it is maturity, or what. But I never would have believed it until I saw it so many times.

TaoMaas
04-15-2009, 09:49 AM
I never would have believed this before I went into this business but I see SUCH a difference when you find the right man/right woman. It is amazing to me how many pure SOB's to the first wife turn into absolute teddy bears with the second - and it lasts over time. I don't know if it is maturity, or what. But I never would have believed it until I saw it so many times.

I don't think it's maturity...I think it's frustration with their situation. What I didn't mention about my friend is that the woman he was seeing moved to another state. And just about the time he got ready to move to that other state to be with her, his ex started throwing herself at him. She started leaving gifts at his apartment door and coming around after work for "booty calls". Eventually, he fell for it and they ended up getting remarried. It's now about 2 years later and he's back to his angry ways. He's already called me twice this week to tell me about fights he's almost gotten into.

PennyQuilts
04-15-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't think it's maturity...I think it's frustration with their situation. What I didn't mention about my friend is that the woman he was seeing moved to another state. And just about the time he got ready to move to that other state to be with her, his ex started throwing herself at him. She started leaving gifts at his apartment door and coming around after work for "booty calls". Eventually, he fell for it and they ended up getting remarried. It's now about 2 years later and he's back to his angry ways. He's already called me twice this week to tell me about fights he's almost gotten into.

Honestly, makes you want to drown them, doesn't it? I feel bad for the girlfriend who moved - probably broke her heart. I've seen a ton of guys hurt something wonderful to run back to the abuse to which they've become accustomed.

TaoMaas
04-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Honestly, makes you want to drown them, doesn't it? I feel bad for the girlfriend who moved - probably broke her heart. I've seen a ton of guys hurt something wonderful to run back to the abuse to which they've become accustomed.

Oh, most definitely! Outwardly, I was telling him, "Gee...I'm happy for you", but inside I was screaming, "Nooooo!" It did hurt the girlfriend who moved, but she was caught between a rock and a hard place. Her mom got ill and needed her to take care of her, so she really didn't have a lot of choice in what to do since her relationship with my friend was relatively new. This whole episode has been a big lesson for me in how different our lives can be based on only one or two decisions.

PennyQuilts
04-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Five will get you ten that he will be trying to get back with the girl he hurt inside of two more years. I hope she doesn't step a foot into your friend's direction until he has been "clean" for another two years after that!

TaoMaas
04-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Don't worry...he pretty much burned any bridges between him and his former girlfriend.

PennyQuilts
04-15-2009, 10:28 AM
That's too bad. We all hope for happy endings. Let's hope she gets one with someone else.

Your buddy is pretty much doomed at this point. He'll be carrying so much baggage after this debacle that only someone just as saddled is going to want to get involved. Sad.

TaoMaas
04-15-2009, 10:38 AM
He'll be carrying so much baggage after this debacle that only someone just as saddled is going to want to get involved.

You're exactly right. He and his former-ex feed off each other's anger. Wanna hear the weird part? She's a psychologist. lol

PennyQuilts
04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Not so weird. She was probably trying to figure herself out when she went into that field. The psychologists I know tend to be either wonderfullly amazing or fruitcakes.

Oh well - maybe they were made for each other...

TaoMaas
04-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh well - maybe they were made for each other...

I guess so. I just say, "It may not be a match made in heaven...but it's a match." lol

ronronnie1
04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I'd rather eat glass then sit through ANYTHING Kirk Cameron is a part of.

Karried
04-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Just figured out halfway through another movie Faith Like Potatoes, that it was produced by this same guy who did Fireproof. I don't know why these movies just don't appeal to me.. I guess it's the same reason I don't like people knocking on my door handing me pamphlets. I hate having things forced on me.

I didn't watch the ending, once the preaching started, I tuned out.

It actually had promise for a bit but it just fizzled out for me.