View Full Version : Good Dentist?

CuatrodeMayo
04-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Could anybody recommend a dentist in near Downtown or in the near-northwest area? My wife and I are needing to get cleanings, etc.

Bobby821
04-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Could anybody recommend a dentist in near Downtown or in the near-northwest area? My wife and I are needing to get cleanings, etc.

No, the best Dentists are on the Southside of OKC sorry :-(

bandnerd
04-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I go to Dr. Madden on 36th and Classen. Clean, new office. He's very kind and gentle and the hygenists are nice. I've been going to him since 2000 and I have been very happy.

metro
04-08-2009, 01:39 PM
:Smiley112 I only recommend bad dentists.....

windowphobe
04-08-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm happy with Dr. Whitwell (50th and Shartel).

bluedogok
04-08-2009, 08:36 PM
My parents and sister like Dubberstein on NW 50th just west of May Ave.

CuatrodeMayo
04-08-2009, 09:04 PM
:Smiley112 I only recommend bad dentists.....

Smarta$$.:fighting3

BBatesokc
04-10-2009, 10:10 AM
My wife and I both have been a patient of Dr. Mark Hanstein for many years and he is in the Bank of Oklahoma Building downtown.

I used to never go to the dentist until I tried him probably 9 years ago. He is the only dentist I've ever met that actually does the cleanings himself. Very small office on the 5th floor with a very friendly staff of 3.

He also is the dentist for many well known Oklahomans - like Mary Fallin.

I love that he doesn't use gas unless you insist and yet he is extremely painless and my teeth need lots of maintenance. My wife is a real baby when it comes to dental work and she loves him. Plus you get a TV above the dentist chair to watch TV or a movie.

GWB
04-10-2009, 11:05 AM
My wife and I both have been a patient of Dr. Mark Hanstein for many years and he is in the Bank of Oklahoma Building downtown.

I used to never go to the dentist until I tried him probably 9 years ago. He is the only dentist I've ever met that actually does the cleanings himself. Very small office on the 5th floor with a very friendly staff of 3.

He also is the dentist for many well known Oklahomans - like Mary Fallin.

I love that he doesn't use gas unless you insist and yet he is extremely painless and my teeth need lots of maintenance. My wife is a real baby when it comes to dental work and she loves him. Plus you get a TV above the dentist chair to watch TV or a movie.

Are his prices reasonable?

BBatesokc
04-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Are his prices reasonable?

We have a good dental plan so I'm not sure how his prices compare.

I have to get a scaling ever few years and my out of pocket is only about $200. We've both had a couple of crowns and they were about $400 out of pocket.

I'm sure there are cheaper dentists, but I hate feeling like I'm in an assembly line.

He is the only dentist in his office and then there is one hygienist (sp) and one office person. Very personal.

He even calls you at home after a big procedure to make sure you are doing okay!

GWB
04-11-2009, 07:58 AM
We have a good dental plan so I'm not sure how his prices compare.

I have to get a scaling ever few years and my out of pocket is only about $200. We've both had a couple of crowns and they were about $400 out of pocket.

I'm sure there are cheaper dentists, but I hate feeling like I'm in an assembly line.

He is the only dentist in his office and then there is one hygienist (sp) and one office person. Very personal.

He even calls you at home after a big procedure to make sure you are doing okay!

I'll check him out. Thanks!

Thunder
04-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Hmmmm... I need extensive dental work! :LolLolLol

BB, does he accept Medicare or Medicaid? I'm not sure if I'm covered for dental under those insurances.

PennyQuilts
04-11-2009, 02:17 PM
We've both had a couple of crowns and they were about $400 out of pocket.

Wow. I just got a crown and was out $897.00.

sroberts24
04-14-2009, 02:01 PM
I work for my dad who is a dental lab tech, company is called Paragon Esthetics, we do amazing dental work, some of the best work you will see, anyways we have a lot of clients who are very well known dentists around the area, so send me a private message and i will give you the name of some good ones if ur interested

ronronnie1
04-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Hmmmm... I need extensive dental work! :LolLolLol

BB, does he accept Medicare or Medicaid? I'm not sure if I'm covered for dental under those insurances.

Let your back teeth rot and them have them pulled at the ER. You'll get Percocet, and when all your back teeth are gone, you'll have cheekbones for days.

Thunder
04-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Let your back teeth rot and them have them pulled at the ER. You'll get Percocet, and when all your back teeth are gone, you'll have cheekbones for days.

I'm serious here. I need to know if I'm covered for dental under Medicare and/or Medicaid. I need extensive dental work. Probably need one of those clear braces too.

Lurker34
04-23-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't think that's covered under medicare or medicade, but I could be wrong. I do know orthodontics (braces) are considered cosmetic and definately not covered

tdaddy
04-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Just had dental work done at the Dental Depot at NW 23rd & Drexel. Really good people there with a full staff that takes care of you in no time. This location is mostly supported by the Ashmore family with a couple of other dentist - I believe there is 5 actual dentist working there with about 20 to 30 dental assistants ready to help. Nice folks that seem to want to take care of you and not expensive at all. I have dental insurance to help the cost but only had to pay my deductable of $50 and another $38 to cover a tooth extract, out of there = $88 total. So not bad at all, that was for a complete cleaning, examination, medication and extraction.

mecarr
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
check out Tina Moreheart at 5th and walker ave.

Jethrol
02-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Dr Rusty Sullins. He's in NW OKC right by Mercy Hospital. I've been going to him for years and it's the first time in my life that I leave the dentist in a better mood than when I showed up.

He's reasonably priced, his staff is very friendly and fun and he's very accommodating to his patients desires. I one time needed a crown but I didn't want to do it if possible. He worked with me to try and get my nerve to settle down. Over the course of about a month, I went back numerous times and we tried different things until the point where we just had to put a crown on it. He did this because of my expressed desire to not have a root canal/crown but the damage was too bad and I had to get one anyways. My old dentist would have done the root canal/crown as the first option....ask me how I know. :)

Everyone that I've referred to him has become long term patients.