View Full Version : Construction at I-35 and Tecumseh

dismayed
03-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Anyone know what the large building going up just south of Tecumseh and east of I-35 is? Not the new hospital... I'm talking about the other side of I-35. Thanks!

BG918
03-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Anyone know what the large building going up just south of Tecumseh and east of I-35 is? Not the new hospital... I'm talking about the other side of I-35. Thanks!

I think it has something to do with the Army National Guard, an armory or training center maybe?

kevinpate
03-31-2009, 07:57 PM
It is indeed their new expanded training center.

veritas
04-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Speaking of Tecumseh, it was officially opened yesterday all the way to Sooner Rd. I took a drive on it yesterday and it shaved about 5 minutes off of the time it takes to get me to I-35 from east Norman where I live. Awesome.

kevinpate
04-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Nice! I wasn't aware they were that well along.

BricktownGuy
04-01-2009, 09:32 PM
new hospital? Is this the Integris one?

dismayed
04-01-2009, 10:00 PM
The new hospital being built at I-35 and Tecumseh is the new Norman Regional Hospital. It is relocating from the east side and the old facility will specialize in heart care from what I hear. The new Integris hospital is up off of I-240 I believe?

oneforone
04-02-2009, 12:48 AM
The new hospital being built at I-35 and Tecumseh is the new Norman Regional Hospital. It is relocating from the east side and the old facility will specialize in heart care from what I hear. The new Integris hospital is up off of I-240 I believe?

The south campus of the Oklahoma Heart Hospital is the new hospital on 240 and Sooner. It will be a scaled down clone of the one on Memorial.

INTEGRIS owns property at SW 34th and I-35 in Moore. As of this time there is no plans for the property. There may be plans for the property after INTEGRIS Health Edmond Hospital is built.

They did have plans of buying Moore Medical Center;however, Norman Regional made a ridiculous counter offer for MMC to the bankruptcy court. INTEGRIS stepped back and let them pay a stupid price for it.

Rumor control says NRMC is on the verge of bankruptcy. The money they spent on the new hospital and MMC put them dangerously in the red.