View Full Version : Don't eat Pistachio's...

SoonerQueen
03-31-2009, 05:44 AM
Federal food safety officials warned Monday that consumers should stop eating all foods containing pistachios while they figure out the source of a possible salmonella contamination.

Still reeling from the national salmonella outbreak in peanuts, the Food and Drug Administration said central California-based Setton Farms, the nation's second-largest pistachio processor, was voluntarily recalling all of its 2008 crop — more than 1 million pounds of nuts.

"Our advice to consumers is that they avoid eating pistachio products, and that they hold onto those products," said Dr. David Acheson, assistant commissioner for food safety. "The number of products that are going to be recalled over the coming days will grow, simply because these pistachio nuts have then been repackaged into consumer-level containers."

BailJumper
03-31-2009, 06:07 AM
Sorry, not giving up my Pistachio Encrusted Salmon.

I never stopped eating peanut butter during the "Peanut Butter Crisis of '08/'09"

Jesseda
03-31-2009, 08:44 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm Pistachio Encrusted Salmon sounds really good

MadMonk
03-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh man, I've almost finished off a box of pistachio packages from SAMs. I bring a pack every day to work. Too late now though. I might as well finish them off.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Jesseda
03-31-2009, 09:32 AM
it seems like almost monthly, it s recall this recall that, heck i bet after i eat my kosher pickle for lunch, there will bea news flash for kosher pickle recalls, whats with all the recalls, why cant they just prepare and handle and clean up around whats being grown / produced.

westsidesooner
03-31-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm just happy for once its something I or my pets don't eat everyday. I really missed Peter Pan when it was recalled.

Midtowner
03-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Don't eat Pistachio's what?

What belonging to Pistachio shouldn't I eat? And who is Pistachio?

OKCisOK4me
03-31-2009, 12:49 PM
I was pissed when I heard about that last night on the news. Granted I don't go and buy those Sunkist Pistachio bags every day from Sam's but when I'm around them...hot damn, I sure eat 'em up!

Jesseda
03-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Pistachio ice cream sounds really good right now..

dalelakin
03-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Don't eat Pistachio's what?

Well his nuts of course silly.

MadMonk
04-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I was pissed when I heard about that last night on the news. Granted I don't go and buy those Sunkist Pistachio bags every day from Sam's but when I'm around them...hot damn, I sure eat 'em up!
Good news for you and I:

Sunkist Pistachios
Are Not Involved in FDA Recall

The FDA has announced a nationwide voluntary recall of pistachios from Setton Farms. Paramount Farms is not part of this recall, and we believe our products are safe. We have stringent quality control procedures in place, and our products consistently exceed USDA specifications.
We are committed to producing only the highest quality products, and the health and well-being of consumers who enjoy our pistachios is our foremost concern. Consistent with this commitment and in light of the current situation, we are testing all products in our inventory and are committed to testing all pistachio shipments going forward as a further precautionary measure.
For more information about the voluntary recall by Setton Farms, visit:
www.fda.gov/pistachios (http://www.fda.gov/pistachios)
Information can also be found at the California Department of Public Health at:
www.cdph.ca.gov/Pages/default.aspx (http://www.cdph.ca.gov/Pages/default.aspx)