View Full Version : OKC Million Update

metro
03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
The original thread was locked, so I'm starting an update thread. Got this email today:

http://www.thiscityisgoingonadiet.com/

OKC Million is about finding a way to shed weight that works for your life. Every one of us is different, and no solution works the same for everyone. "One size fits all" vitamins didn't make any more sense to us than putting every person on the same exact diet, which is why we are happy to introduce you to Insperra - a different kind of vitamin company, and a supporter of our OKC Million program.
We're excited to finally let you in on our relationship with Insperra. We look forward to hearing how much you enjoy taking the personal vitamin assessment to discover what vitamins are right for you. They also feature several Health Packs like weight management, joint support and packs which target the specific age needs of a man and women. We also hear they have exceptional customer service!

Insperra (http://www.insperra.com/content/okcmillion_landing)

http://www.insperrac.com/email/email_blasts/images/weight_pack_banner.jpg

wsucougz
03-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I get all the vitamins I need from Taco Bell.

mecarr
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
This seems pretty stupid. The city of oklahoma is pushing a vitamin supplement product? Come on. It should be giving out discounts on treadmills or giving out vouchers that could be used to purchase fruits and veggies.

LordGerald
03-26-2009, 02:13 PM
This seems pretty stupid. The city of oklahoma is pushing a vitamin supplement product? Come on. It should be giving out discounts on treadmills or giving out vouchers that could be used to purchase fruits and veggies.

Actually, the weight loss initiative is a project of the Mayor, not the city. The city is not pushing anything. You can, however, blame the mayor for shilling vitamins.

metro
03-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Actually, the weight loss initiative is a project of the Mayor, not the city. The city is not pushing anything. You can, however, blame the mayor for shilling vitamins. Vitamins and Taco Bell.

FritterGirl
03-26-2009, 02:27 PM
While the Mayor is certainly the "face" of OKC Million, and inasmuch, endorses and promotes the program, the program itself (and website) is run through Foundation Surgery Affiliates.

They may, via the website, be endorsing the vitamin products as described, however, I do not see any personal endorsement from the Mayor affiliated with these vitamins. Foundation Survery Affiliates, throughout the campaign, has relied upon multiple corporate partners to continue promoting the program, which is succeeding in helping people lose weight - which is the ultimate goal.

kevinpate
03-26-2009, 07:55 PM
fergit the vitamins ... eat less junk, walk more, do it daily. If only I would listen to myself more than I do ....

Midtowner
03-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Great.. so they sold their email list to a damn vitamin company.

metro
03-27-2009, 07:40 AM
While the Mayor is certainly the "face" of OKC Million, and inasmuch, endorses and promotes the program, the program itself (and website) is run through Foundation Surgery Affiliates.

They may, via the website, be endorsing the vitamin products as described, however, I do not see any personal endorsement from the Mayor affiliated with these vitamins. Foundation Survery Affiliates, throughout the campaign, has relied upon multiple corporate partners to continue promoting the program, which is succeeding in helping people lose weight - which is the ultimate goal.

Regardless, the Mayor, while in an elected public office, is seen as "THE Face for the City." To the average Joe, most people think he represents the City only. It's questionable if an elected official, especially a Mayor should be a public spokesperson for private companies. It's not like he came out on TV when he was on the National TV circuit when this campaign first launched and said I represent Taco Bell, Vitamins, and Foundation Surgery, not the City of OKC. I am working for Foundation Surgery Affiliates on this campaign. He straight up talked about OKC, thus giving the impression this is a City marketing campaign.:artist:

Sckooter
03-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Interesting set of comments related to vitamins and OKC Million... Fact: The City has not spent one cent of tax payer dollars (or any dollars) on this initiative. Fact: It is clear from the OKC Million web site that there are people and organizations that have come forward to help on what is the probably the number one health issue in the United States and Oklahoma City which is obesity. Fact: It appears that people are talking about it, which gets interest, which makes people think about the initiative. Fact: Mayor Cornett set an example - he lost 40 lbs to better his health. Maybe some of you would like a politician from Chicago or Louisiana and the examples they set?? Not me.