View Full Version : the april carnival in norman

Jesseda
03-26-2009, 10:43 AM
almost every year there is a carnival in norman at the sooner fashion mall parking lot, is it coming again this year? does anyone know when and where

westsidesooner
03-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh man, when I was a kid a carnivale setup in the TG&Y at may and britton every year. I lived right across the street and thought it was the coolest thing. I didn't get much sleep when it was around, constantly looking out the window at all the excitement. The lights, the rides, the cotton candy, and real live carnys sleeping in rv's. Last parts kinda creepy, but to a kid it was cool. Let me know if one shows up at SFM. It'd be fun to go to one again just to reminisce.

Jesseda
03-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Im not that old yet, but i remember certain carnivals gave away bunnies and little ducks as winning prizes, i remember asking my mom for a dollar then running to play the game, she stopped me dead in my tracks and told me no way are you going to try and win a live animal unless its a goldfish. which by luck they had that game there too and i got my goldfish. MEMORIES

kevinpate
03-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Don't know for certain but probably so. The annual celebration and all does tend to make Norman a reasonable planned stop on their circuit, or someone else's.

dismayed
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
It's about that time of year again. The Sooner Mall events website doesn't have it listed yet... but you might check this from time to time:

Sooner Mall Events (http://soonermall.com/html/events.asp)

kevinpate
03-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Ought to be the weekend of April 18, 89er celebration weekend