View Full Version : Fish Oil?

Karried
03-26-2009, 08:57 AM
SchiffMegaRed.com FAQs (http://www.schiffmegared.com/faq.asp?a=why_is_it_better)

Health professionals are recommending adding Fish Oil to a daily vitamin regimine for heart health.

I can't stand the taste of them.. yuk.

Anyway, saw an AD for MegaRed Fish Krill with Omega 3 that allows to take only 1 pill daily (compared to 3).

Walgreens has them on sale today $14.99 plus a $3 Off coupon.

Regular price = $29.00 for a 60 supply.

Thought I'd post for anyone interested in taking advantage of the this sale.

Jesseda
03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
fish oil helps, i order emu oil with the omega 3, and it helped out my skin, nails, and my hair is really good now and i noticed my grey hair is is being reduced.. who would've figured, but fish oil is good but look into emu oil pills, they sell them at heath food stores and on the net

DaveSkater
03-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Chickpea's are high in omega 3's. (think hummus, and if you're thinking hummus, go get the best ever at Olive Branch downtown. YUUUM!)

Fish has omega 3's and 6's I believe. But yeah, they call em essential oils for a reason :)

Jon27
03-26-2009, 06:23 PM
SchiffMegaRed.com FAQs (http://www.schiffmegared.com/faq.asp?a=why_is_it_better)

Health professionals are recommending adding Fish Oil to a daily vitamin regimine for heart health.

Anyway, saw an AD for MegaRed Fish Krill with Omega 3 that allows to take only 1 pill daily (compared to 3).

Walgreens has them on sale today $14.99 plus a $3 Off coupon.

Regular price = $29.00 for a 60 supply.

Thought I'd post for anyone interested in taking advantage of the this sale.

Be careful on how much you spend if you've never taken it before. It hurt my stomach really bad, and this is common. Even if the pill is coated, this can still happen. If you have a Sam's card, I would get it there. You can really save some money.

FritterGirl
03-26-2009, 06:23 PM
I get fish oil (forget the brand) that has lemon infused in it. Cuts the fishy smell, and taste.

Several months ago, when my dad was at the Heart Hospital after a heart attack, he was told by the doctor to quit taking the scads of vitamins and herbal supplements he was on. Said it was doing nothing by providing really expensive urine. In the same breath, he said, the only thing you absolutely NEED to take is a fish oil pill.

Our vet has even recommended them for our dogs, as opposed to giving them pricier skin & coat supplements. For them, we go to Sam's and get the gi-ganto jar of them. They chomp 'em right up with their dinner.

Karried
03-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Has anyone tried the MegaRed Fish Krill?

JerzeeGrlinOKC
03-28-2009, 11:47 PM
fish oil helps, i order emu oil with the omega 3, and it helped out my skin, nails, and my hair is really good now and i noticed my grey hair is is being reduced.. who would've figured, but fish oil is good but look into emu oil pills, they sell them at heath food stores and on the net

Did you say "emu oil"? Does that stand for something, or is it what I think you're saying...forgive me its late and I'm off kilter.

Maybe I'm just too young, but I associate daily doses of fish oil with my grandma, she insisted on it. Made me try it once - blech! Swore up and down that it helped though, I believe it. She still isn't completely gray (she's 86), although she does have many other issues that fish oil probably would not help.

I like myself some actual fish. But nevertheless, I'm glad its working out for you guys. :wink:

FRISKY
03-29-2009, 05:58 AM
We give our dogs fish oil pills from Sam's Club. It seems to help their joints when they get old.

Jon27
03-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Be careful on how much you spend if you've never taken it before. It hurt my stomach really bad, and this is common. Even if the pill is coated, this can still happen. If you have a Sam's card, I would get it there. You can really save some money.

If I remember right, the Fish Oil I bought from Sam's was about $10 for 300 pills.

Karried, when I took them, my Dr. told me to just buy any as they were all the same. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about getting a more expensive kind. Just watch out for the stomach ache. As I said before, go buy a small cheap bottle at Wal-Mart, and take them for a week or so. If you start having stomach cramps, you will need to quit taking them. They don't go away.

Karried
03-29-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm not so much worried about the cost as I am the taste and after effects.

I found this Red Krill - it's supposed to eliminate the taste and effects of regular Fish Oil pills.

That's really what I wanted to know, is if anyone has tried them or knows anything about them - RED KRILL OIL.

Jon27
03-29-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm not so much worried about the cost as I am the taste and after effects.

I found this Red Krill - it's supposed to eliminate the taste and effects of regular Fish Oil pills.

That's really what I wanted to know, is if anyone has tried them or knows anything about them - RED KRILL OIL.

I've never tried them, but here is a review I found for them:

Schiff Mega Red Krill Oil - www.WeKnowOmegas.com (http://www.weknowomegas.com/SchiffMegaRedKrillOil.html)

Karried
03-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Great thank you!

Prunepicker
03-29-2009, 09:36 PM

Health professionals are recommending adding Fish Oil to a daily vitamin
regimine for heart health.

I'm taking an industrial strength prescription fish oil.

metro
03-30-2009, 08:14 AM
That's what you're paying for on the more expensive kind, better quality! A good fish oil won't have the taste and smell of fish. All the impurities are removed, etc. Also, if you have diabetes you should talk to your doctor before taking fish oil.

kevinpate
03-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Regular rounds of lightly seasoned talapia, steamed veggies of choice, and some buttery slow cooked rice (to handle the pasta monster within) beats supplements and pills, at least for me. Not sure how much essential oils are in frozen tilapia filets, but I sure do likes them.

Prunepicker
03-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Norwegian fish oil, from Norwegia, is the best over the counter. I haven't
been able to find it for years.

I used to take 2 tablespoons in orange juice every morning. At that time I
was a runner. About a month after starting I was running and my knees felt
liked they'd been oiled. It was great!

The only thing I didn't like was burping fish. Lifesavers took care of that.

Karried
03-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Norwegian Fish Oil - More Categories - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review (http://www.nextag.com/norwegian-fish-oil/search-html)

JavaPete
03-30-2009, 11:19 AM
I've taken fish oil for quite some time now...help lower that evil cholesterol

ultimatesooner
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
I take fish oil daily and have never noticed the taste

but I do take 15-30 pills per day depeneding on what I am working on at the time so maybe they just all blend together

Prunepicker
03-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Norwegian Fish Oil - More Categories - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at (http://www.nextag.com/norwegian-fish-oil/search-html)
NexTag - Price - Review (http://www.nextag.com/norwegian-fish-oil/search-html)

THANX!
I meant to say this when I first read your post.

I guess Google really is our friend. :lol2: