View Full Version : Make out Spots

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PennyQuilts
03-25-2009, 05:03 AM
When I was a kid, I always heard about going to the "Submarine races" and going out to Lake "Hold her closer (Overholser)." Do/did such places actually exist? I confess to some smooching in the car but it was generally around the corner from my house back in the trees - and I always had an eye out for some ax murderer intent on hacking up young lovers.

kevinpate
03-25-2009, 05:14 AM
such places exist, and always have, though anymore, such places seem to exist at many stop signs, street lights, mall parking lots, etc. discrete at times seems to be a word which didn't make it to a new generation of smoochers, gropers and beyond

Generals64
03-25-2009, 04:03 PM
My wife's dad (before we were married) threatened me with my life if he ever caught me out "Parking" with his daughter......Wooo......Anyway, we went parking on 104 and S. Western...Nothing but the Cemetery.....(Resthaven).....Boy I could tell some scary stories...or I thought I could....and (I've posted this before)...I had a 1963 Impala 2-door hardtop....Cool Car...almost new at the time....I rolled all the windows down, turned on KOMA...slid the seat back , attempted to kiss her...when out of no where a D%@$#% old cow had gotten loose and stuck it's head inside the car and mooed...scared the poo out of me...threw the car in gear, almost jerked the cow's head off and got my car dirty to top it off....Decided it would be better to park in her driveway...Father-in-law to be wouldn't bother us there....No cows either.....Still married 43 years latter....can't park there too much traffic...oh well....

papaOU
03-25-2009, 04:15 PM
my house back in the trees.... .Did you really live in the trees?:tiphat:

papaOU
03-25-2009, 04:21 PM
When I was a kid, I always heard about going to the "Submarine races" and going out to Lake "Hold her closer (Overholser)." Do/did such places actually exist? I confess to some smooching in the car but it was generally around the corner from my house back in the trees - and I always had an eye out for some ax murderer intent on hacking up young lovers.We would usually go to one of the parks. There was no curfew, or if there was they didn't enforce it. Did have a cop scare the crap out of both of us. Wanted to know how old we were (16)...Did her dad know where she was and what we were doing? Threatened to call her dad. We did leave in a hurry.

jellen
03-25-2009, 05:13 PM
My husband to be and I used to smooch out on an oil lease where Crossroads Mall is.

Midtowner
03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
OCU's parking lot. Completely deserted after dark and full of other cars.

grantgeneral78
03-25-2009, 07:12 PM
hillcrest drive-in

airport on east side where planes land at will rogers airport

PennyQuilts
03-25-2009, 07:27 PM

Really???

Generals64
03-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Really???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey girl, where did you go to school???? the Submarines ran along the airport East side fence. Every now and then you can still hear them in the faint distance.......

papaOU
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
On a hot summer night it's the cemetery for me. Break into one of the crypts or lay on a marble slab.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
03-25-2009, 09:18 PM
On my bed

u guys are some weenies just take the girl to your room

PennyQuilts
03-26-2009, 04:23 AM
Lil Wayne, back in the day (this is a memories thread) the girls weren't about to go to your bed to make out and your mama wouldn't let them if they would.

kevinpate
03-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Most exciting submarine races I ever witnessed were the South Central Regional Finals, held at Lake Wister State Park in April, 1982.

icemncmth
03-26-2009, 05:51 AM
In the tulsa area...

Bubbles Springs
Oologah lake
Claremore lake
Indain Graveyard Claremore
Rock Crusher Oologah
Tulsa ..Carvan Ballroom parkinglot
Lookout hill Pryor

Thunder
03-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Walmart family restroom with the door locked.

:LolLolLol

PennyQuilts
03-26-2009, 06:43 AM

hahahha!! My GAL kids in a certain school district use the public bathroom in the Dunkin Donuts next to the Baskin Robbins. Man, we have gone downhill. Back in the day, the girls would have at least gotten an ice cream cone out of it.

Generals64
03-26-2009, 07:18 AM
On my bed

u guys are some weenies just take the girl to your room

Not Weenies my friend.....GENTLEMEN.....and, that wasn't what it was all about....

so1rfan
03-26-2009, 07:27 AM
My understanding is that when the Lakers were in town, LW4P went to Kobe's room to party.

Then I heard the next day, Kobe had to go buy his wife some more jewelry.

PennyQuilts
03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Not Weenies my friend.....GENTLEMEN.....and, that wasn't what it was all about....

Thanks, General. And we could use a few more ladies, these days.

tburn
03-26-2009, 02:23 PM

EWWW!
no way I could get smooched in a bathroom!

- That development (Silver Crossings?) off NW Expressway that never became houses, just a bunch of roads and culdesacs - now is retail space.
- Stars & Stripes park
- Lake Hefner -- I wonder if those winding roads are where the walking trails are now?
- one time in my driveway, we were there for a long time (ahem) and the windows were fogged and MY MOM knocked on the window. Said she had been flickering the porch light but somehow I hadn't noticed.

"Curfew means in the house, not in the driveway!"

Generals64
03-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks, General. And we could use a few more ladies, these days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O.K., here comes the "MushY' part. I married the dream of my youth. She is still a Lady as was she in our youth and we have been married 43 years. These kids don't understand Commitment today. Opportunities are always there but continuity is hard tofind.....
How's the weather in your neck of the woods????

You still haven't told us what school you attended in Oklahoma. And, when did you graduate????

papaOU
03-26-2009, 02:56 PM
A guy I used to work with and his girl would go to show homes and..........

PennyQuilts
03-26-2009, 03:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You still haven't told us what school you attended in Oklahoma. And, when did you graduate????

Ahem. Well, I was a McGuiness Girl until I got pregnant at 16 (not at a make out spot!!). Because we got married, I got kicked out and ended up a pregnant teen at the alternative school. Emerson. Back in the day, there wasn't anyplace else for pregnant/married teenagers. So here I was, close to a straight A student, honestly a very "good" girl surrounded by druggies and delinquents and a whole group of people that, frankly, scared me! Think throwing a kitten in with pitbulls. They never did anything unkind but I am sure they thought I was pretty much an alien. My belly sticking out about two feet went a long way to buying me some space - blessedly. I'd wanted to be a doctor and had tanked up on a lot of extra hours so it was not hard to graduate a year early (I was supposed to graduate in 1976). I was determined to finish before the baby came (and you should have seen me waddle across the stage to get my diploma). Husband and I were married 24 years and had three kids so it worked out pretty well. All the kids are doing great.

PennyQuilts
03-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I never should have brought this up...

Generals64
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I never should have brought this up...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And why Not? Never could understand why they sent to kids to other schools...Even in the olden days (60's) the kids knew about babies....I think...but anyway proud for you and of you.....Generals64....do you think you can stillhandle a Coit's hot dog????? you know, kids and all????I'll succomb to the indigestion since you still claim to be an OKIE....let me know...before Saturday morning...

PennyQuilts
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Sure wish I could come!! I won't be in town until June...

Generals64
03-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Sure wish I could come!! I won't be in town until June...

We'll have another meeting in June...Same old Hot Dog joint...We really have a good time.....

papaOU
03-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Make out spots? Think East Coast Okie is talking about hickeys?:omg:

PennyQuilts
03-27-2009, 04:02 AM
Make out spots? Think East Coast Okie is talking about hickeys?:omg:

Sometimes, they go hand in hand.

FRISKY
03-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Sometimes, they go hand in hand....or neck and neck. :LolLolLol

PennyQuilts
03-27-2009, 06:12 AM
...or neck and neck. :LolLolLol

hahhahaa!!

Generals64
03-27-2009, 09:13 AM
hahhahaa!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
All right guys, be easy with her...remember she went to McGuinnes (sp) she is a Northsider and they.....well, you should know.....

papaOU
03-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Husband and I were married 24 years and ..........

Care to say what happened? Not details! But a single word will do/ divorce,...

PennyQuilts
03-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Divorced. Married too young and grew in opposite directions, sadly. But he was/is a sweetheart. Blessed to have met a good man and married him a couple of years later. We've been married nine years this time around and going for fifty.

Generals64
03-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Divorced. Married too young and grew in opposite directions, sadly. But he was/is a sweetheart. Blessed to have met a good man and married him a couple of years later. We've been married nine years this time around and going for fifty.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey girl go for the duration to heck with 50....I'm at 43 and still remember the first year......

Prunepicker
03-27-2009, 05:20 PM
When I was a kid, I always heard about going to the "Submarine races" and
going out to Lake "Hold her closer (Overholser)." Do/did such places
actually exist? I confess to some smooching in the car but it was generally
around the corner from my house back in the trees - and I always had an
eye out for some ax murderer intent on hacking up young lovers.

SNORK SNORK SNORK! Pardon the 7UrP spraying out of my nose... again...

Such places still exist. Lake "Holdhercloser" is just about a mile from the
house. Prunette and I have been known to... well... you know...

There were some great places around Union City. There were miles of dirt
roads. One could get lost out there, which was the whole idea of driving
out there. It was the best place to have the "carburator flood out and
have to wait!" I don't think "running out of gas" has worked since you, I
mean the 50's.

Lake Holdhercloser is still a good place. At least Prunette and I... however,
the rangers are pretty strict about the 11pm rule.

grantgeneral78
03-27-2009, 06:41 PM
the hillcrest drive in was a pretty popular spot everyone fought for the back row!

Generals64
03-27-2009, 08:47 PM
the hillcrest drive in was a pretty popular spot everyone fought for the back row!
That Drive-in wasn't built when I was dating the love of my life....but, the road over by the airport was there....I mean.....oh, you know....

Prunepicker
03-27-2009, 08:59 PM
That Drive-in wasn't built when I was dating the love of my life... but, the
road over by the airport was there... I mean... oh, you know...

That would be either SW 59th, 89th, or Portland. You're probably asking,
"how do you know that?". Well, I'll tell you. I just know, that's how.

Generals64
03-27-2009, 09:06 PM
That would be either SW 59th, 89th, or Portland. You're probably asking,
"how do you know that?". Well, I'll tell you. I just know, that's how.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably all three.....I remember coming back to Oklahoma for a visit and the In-Laws had the kids and I wasn't as old as I am now...Feeling a little frisky, I went down to old dirt lane...(been married about 10 years)...stopped the car roll down the windows on a warm summer's eve....watching planes bound for nowhere...had my number one girl with me and everything was fine...(no kids with us) ...as I reached over to kiss my wife I felt something nudge me in the back (night stick) as an OKC officer walked up on us. and he hollered hey...Scared me to death. What are you doing? he asked???duh????My answer was the In-laws are at the house with the kids.....His response was Carry on I've been there myself....Wasn't in the mood anymore....Went home..

FRISKY
03-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Feeling a little friskyIn my younger years I was on the east side of Will Rogers Airport watching the planes take off and land many times, but I don't remember ever having any stranger "feel" me.

PennyQuilts
03-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Seeing "Frisky" post on this thread always brings a grin.

Generals64
03-28-2009, 09:38 AM
In my younger years I was on the east side of Will Rogers Airport watching the planes take off and land many times, but I don't remember ever having any stranger "feel" me.

Sheee:...........you've still got that dirty little thought in your mind Huh??????

Prunepicker
03-28-2009, 09:44 AM
SW 89th, between May and Portland would only be used once by any
unsuspecting couple. They'd soon find out that that strip was used as a drag
strip for grudge races. It was marked off and everything. There were a
couple of others, too. It was like Nathan Detroit's oldest established
permanent floating crap game.

NOT that I ever participated! This something I heard about from the
older guys.

Generals64
03-28-2009, 09:47 AM
SW 89th, between May and Portland would only be used once by any
unsuspecting couple. They'd soon find out that that strip was used as a drag
strip for grudge races. It was marked off and everything. There were a
couple of others, too. It was like Nathan Detroit's oldest established
permanent floating crap game.

NOT that I ever participated! This something I heard about from the
older guys.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you beat the guy going West and then Beat him again going back towards Penn all the guys wanted to do then was fight....Couldn't help my car was faster........Use to be a cop ( Berglan) lived on the corner of 89th and Hillcrest...You had better keep going if you woke him or his family up....Good guy but a little touchy about some things....

Redskins/General
04-08-2009, 05:07 PM
How about the Airline Motel, Chieftain on Shields I think and the Palomino!! Wern't these the real "Make out Places" as you refer to them???

Redskins/General
04-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Let's not forget the Swank with the Pool out front!!

kevinpate
04-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Nuttin says classy like a motel called Swank in a shady part of town

papaOU
04-08-2009, 09:53 PM
The Yale, Knob Hill, and Redskin theaters; Before being able to drive legally!! Outside the back door of TG&Y in Capitol Hill.

Redskins/General
04-09-2009, 07:53 AM
I guess your car would be your Number one answer!!

Zoom Zoom
04-09-2009, 09:02 AM

Past 89th where it was a dirt road and no one went down that way after dark....ahh memories :)

Generals64
04-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Past 89th where it was a dirt road and no one went down that way after dark....ahh memories :)

My favorite make out spot is located at:...........ahhh, I better not say someone will try to barge in on it....

Prunepicker
04-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Past 89th where it was a dirt road and no one went down that way after
dark... ahh memories :)

That's one of the roads we rabbit hunted on, after dark, while sitting on the
hood of the car.

Generals64
04-10-2009, 04:34 PM
That's one of the roads we rabbit hunted on, after dark, while sitting on the
hood of the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
My favorite place is on the leather couch in my living room....See ya later:.......

jane10357
04-15-2009, 09:32 PM
If you travel along the east side of Lake Overholser, just south of 23rd street, there was a sideroad just next to the lake that had a big dip in it (just big enough for one car length) and the car was completely undetected by passing cars because the dip was so deep. I don't know if it's still there, but it was considered the best make-out place back in the mid 70s. I only *visited* and never *checked in* :)

papaOU
04-15-2009, 10:48 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
My favorite place is on the leather couch in my living room....See ya later:.......

The question concerns two people. On the leather couch in my living room doesn't count since you are napping. Unless you nap face down or have a pillow pulled close to your smackers.:sofa:

Generals64
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
The question concerns two people. On the leather couch in my living room doesn't count since you are napping. Unless you nap face down or have a pillow pulled close to your smackers.:sofa:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember, I'm old....You know, we used to hunt rabbits down on S. Penn etc. and when we would see some parkers...we would shot out Shotguns right by their cars....Some guys were pretty quick....Some wer not real happy with us though.....Oh Well, life goes on....

Prunepicker
04-16-2009, 04:28 PM
If you travel along the east side of Lake Overholser, just south of 23rd
street, there was a side road just next to the lake that had a big dip in it
(just big enough for one car length) and the car was completely undetected
by passing cars because the dip was so deep. I don't know if it's still there,
but it was considered the best make-out place back in the mid 70s. I only
*visited* and never *checked in* :)

Lake Holdercloser has been my cruising lake for over 35 years. When ever it
rains you can bet that the dog and I are going to be cruising and listening
to jazz, drinking coffee and snacking on milk bones. Yes, I eat milk bones.
I'm a bassist.

As far as "the dip" is concerned, it was done away with several years ago.
And as far as you never checking in... yeah, right! I'll bet you never
checked out the lake just north of the Route 66 bridge.

Give us a break! :LolLolLol

papaOU
04-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Lake Holdercloser has been my cruising lake for over 35 years. When ever it
rains you can bet that the dog and I are going to be cruising and listening
to jazz, drinking coffee and snacking on milk bones. Yes, I eat milk bones.
I'm a bassist.

As far as "the dip" is concerned, it was done away with several years ago.
And as far as you never checking in... yeah, right! I'll bet you never
checked out the lake just north of the Route 66 bridge.

Give us a break! :LolLolLol

North of 66 was the place to be. Really great when the bridge washed out and they never fixed it. Lots of room to walk the river bank.:dizzy: