View Full Version : CHL to Lazy-E?

Laramie
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
How about a CHL franchise playing in the Lazy-E Arena, should Oklahoma City move to the AAA American Hockey League?

A Central Oklahoma team could represent the Edmond-Guthrie area. What are your thoughts?

The Lazy-E could accommodate 7,000 fans as a CHL venue.

rod4soonrs
03-23-2009, 08:11 PM
entertainment dollar would be stretched real thin, chl, ahl, nba, all at the same time of yr. I think the Ahl will be competitive in price as chl, maybe 1-2 dollars more per ticket.

Blairman
03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Laramie

You are so full it or one heck of gullable person.

Get ready to buy your AHL season tickets......

Dave Cook
03-23-2009, 08:48 PM
No way.

In terms of really small markets, Wichita Falls would almost make sense based on their junior hockey success. But with Lubbock, San Angelo and El Paso failing and now Albuquerque on the verge, I can't see WF working.

I've never understood why the CHL hasn't put a team in Little Rock. Very nice arena there.

theparkman81
03-24-2009, 02:48 PM
If the CHL wants to keep a team in the OKC metro area, maybe it should go to Norman, I mean look at some of the cities that have team in, their population is at or about 100,000 Norman has a population of over 100,000, so I think that if the CHL wants to keep a team here, they should play in Norman or better yet move them to Lawton, bring on the AHL, I can't wait.

Dave Cook
03-25-2009, 12:16 AM
We'll most likely see a significant drop in attendance once the AHL arrives. Just basing that on trends we see in AHL attendance league wide. Crowds aren't great in Des Moines, San Antonio, Peoria, Cleveland, etc.

And with the OKC Thunder getting much better weekend dates next year (no Saturday night games in 08-09), OKC hockey may have a hard time.

Laramie
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Laramie

You are so full it or one heck of gullable person.

Get ready to buy your AHL season tickets......

Blairman: It doesn't matter!

No matter what I post, you always have something contrary to say; I understand, somewhere along the road I must have rub you the wrong way, I'm sorry we will never agree on anything because I don't have anything personal against you.

I don't know you personally, so I'm not going to say that you are full of something or that something in wrong with you because you and I don't always agree.

I'll continue to show you "respect" on this board.

I'm sorry that my character or personality sets you off. I wish you well, fellow poster!

jbrown84
03-31-2009, 05:57 PM
It's just not very practical to think that we can support two hockey franchises in the metro.

metro
04-01-2009, 12:49 PM
why are we debating non news? let the thread die already.

Joe Kimball
04-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Just for academic's sake---

Is there even refrigeration equipment in the Lazy E? I would think that if there weren't, they would replace or repair that which exists in the Cox Center. Anyway, I would immediately think that events would be relegated to the State Fair Arena even if two ice surfaces were simultaneously needed for whatever reason, bar a cohabitation of the CHL and the AHL.

Laramie
04-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Just for academic's sake---

Is there even refrigeration equipment in the Lazy E? I would think that if there weren't, they would replace or repair that which exists in the Cox Center. Anyway, I would immediately think that events would be relegated to the State Fair Arena even if two ice surfaces were simultaneously needed for whatever reason, bar a cohabitation of the CHL and the AHL.

Good point: Thanks for pointing that out!