View Full Version : AT&T U-verse

mrbubba81
03-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Well, DirecTV decided to envoke its yearly rate increase. Been thinking of trying the new AT&T U-verse for a while now. Anyone have any experience with it? I only know of two people who've had it: one likes it, the other hated it and went back to cable. I've had DirecTV for over 7 yrs and love it...and I'm addicted to my Tivo. It is so user friendly. I've seen others' Cox DVR and do nto like it compared to my Tivo. The U-verse has more tuners for its DVR and faster internet.. Any feedback??? Thanks.

Midtowner
03-23-2009, 11:34 AM
They don't offer it in downtown OKC, but we're very interested. Cox keeps hiking up their prices.. $10 here, $10 there... we're definitely not paying anywhere near what we originally bargained for.

Luke
03-23-2009, 01:33 PM
I'd look into U-Verse if it was available in my area. I guess Del City isn't a high priority. I have att high speed internet, wireless and Dish Network bundled together and am pleased.

mrbubba81
03-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I don't get the whole thing about it not being available in some areas of the metro yet. It's been out for a while now, what do they have to do, run all new lines to areas??

I don't care much about the internet and phone. I am more interested in the user-friendliness and dependability of the TV service and DVR. Tivo has spoiled me greatly.

OKCMallen
03-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Last time I checked, I couldn't get it in my beighborhood, which is about N 50th and Western.

Bostonfan
03-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Haven't heard many good things about uverse. I've had Dish Network for years and love it. The DVR blows cable out of the water. It is very smooth, very easy to use. The cable DVR my parents and friends had were very choppy and hard to control. The only thing that kinda pisses me off about Dish is they didn't get the MLB Network. But I guess that is one reason they didn't up their prices this year.

OKCDrummer77
03-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Last time I checked, I couldn't get it in my beighborhood, which is about N 50th and Western.

I guess they're still moving into different areas. It is available in my current neighborhood (near Britton & May), but is not available in the neighborhood I am moving to (NW 23rd & Portland).

Jon27
03-23-2009, 06:52 PM
It's available in Yukon now. I built a package online, and a comparable package for what I have with Cox, it would be $15 more pretax. It would be much more once taxes are added. I'll stick with Cox for now.

JerzeeGrlinOKC
03-23-2009, 08:02 PM
I originally threw a fit based on some misconceived information :headscrat, because I couldn't figure out the sports channel configuration, but now that I figured it out and that is over with, I am loving it. Picture quality is great, and its just a better deal all around. We have the 100 channel option but are thinking of upping it to the next level.

Highly recommend it.

dismayed
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
A friend of mine has U-Verse. I understand the install takes quite a while and can be a big ordeal. I think they must still be trying to figure out what they are doing. The price is cheaper than Cox or satellite.

I have DirecTV and am very happy with it and think that their HD signal quality is the best I have ever seen. But I have to say U-Verse's picture is just as good.

I liked the U-Verse DVR a lot; I also like how as you are scrolling through channels you see a little "picture-in-picture" of the channels you are surfing by.

Overall it is probably worth checking out.

fuzzytoad
03-24-2009, 12:02 PM
It's available in Yukon now. I built a package online, and a comparable package for what I have with Cox, it would be $15 more pretax. It would be much more once taxes are added. I'll stick with Cox for now.

same for me in Edmond, 'cept it would be almost $100 more for what i get now from Cox.

I have a hard time believing people are getting better deals from AT&T, unless Cox is charging 2-3 times more on the southside.

Jon27
03-24-2009, 07:01 PM
same for me in Edmond, 'cept it would be almost $100 more for what i get now from Cox.

I have a hard time believing people are getting better deals from AT&T, unless Cox is charging 2-3 times more on the southside.

I wonder if it depends on what you get. AT&T TV is based on Internet Protocol. I don't know how stable this would be. I've had Cox for years, and I haven't had a problem with them except for the rate hikes. I'm with you Fuzz, I don't see how you can get a better deal with AT&T.

Drake
03-24-2009, 07:08 PM

$100.00 more ?? I found the prices to comparable - less for some packages and little more for some. But $100?

EdmondLadi
03-24-2009, 08:47 PM
I live in Edmond and I have U-Verse. The DVR is great!! I had Dish for awhile, but every time is stormed it went out. The installation did take a bit of time, but I have inter-net combined with it, so perhaps that is the reason it took some time. They also had to run some wires and install different type jacks/connections. All in all, I have no complaints...I am happy with it.

fuzzytoad
03-25-2009, 07:02 AM
$100.00 more ?? I found the prices to comparable - less for some packages and little more for some. But $100?

yeah, i was comparing tv/internet/phone bundles.

Buickcarnut
03-26-2009, 12:12 PM
I also looked at U-Verse, but when I compared side by side, it was $15 more per month. The 2 down sides for me were extra cost and slower internet. Did anyone catch the extra charge for HD service if you subscibed to the lower packages?

I've had Cox for 8+ years and have been happy with them. Last year I called them out on the costs, and they reeled it back in. When you are a long time customer, they don't want to lose you, so they will deal.

rbayless
03-29-2009, 09:54 AM

Where at in Yukon? I live on the SE side of Yukon and it is still not available for me.

Jon27
03-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Where at in Yukon? I live on the SE side of Yukon and it is still not available for me.

We live off of Cornwell behind Parkland Elementary. Did you check the AT&T website, and click on the is U-Verse in my area link and put in your address? I would think if you are in the SE side, you would have it too. Are you in the Yukon address, OKC utilities, Mustang schools area near Reno?

rbayless
03-29-2009, 12:17 PM
We live off of Cornwell behind Parkland Elementary. Did you check the AT&T website, and click on the is U-Verse in my area link and put in your address? I would think if you are in the SE side, you would have it too. Are you in the Yukon address, OKC utilities, Mustang schools area near Reno?

Yeah, I have been checking that web site for about nine months or longer with no avail. You are right on the money with my location. :) My wife told me that she talked to one of the AT&T installers and they were at Westbury about six months ago. I know Westbury is a little bit out there, but you would think it would be here by now.. who knows.

mturner
03-31-2009, 12:28 PM

Also in Edmond, and it'd be $75 over Cox, pretaxes and regulatory fees!

dalelakin
03-31-2009, 06:18 PM
I live in Westbury and my neighbor across the street from me has it. I just went to the website and it says it is not available yet so I called and believe it or not it is available across the street but not at my house. Craziest thing I have ever seen. Even when it is available I will be staying with Cox anyway since I would see a $45 increase to get the same services from AT&T.

rod4soonrs
03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Those with Uverse, can you get Thunder games? I've heard fox sports OK wasn't available on uverse, anyone know for sure?

rbayless
04-02-2009, 08:15 AM
I live in Westbury and my neighbor across the street from me has it. I just went to the website and it says it is not available yet so I called and believe it or not it is available across the street but not at my house. Craziest thing I have ever seen. Even when it is available I will be staying with Cox anyway since I would see a $45 increase to get the same services from AT&T.

That reminds me of when I used to sell DSL years ago.. these types of issues were pretty common. Just because of the way how they route the cables..