View Full Version : Deli?

bluepickle
03-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent deli? I am looking for a place that sells Capicola and salami that doesn't say "Hormel" on the side.

CuatrodeMayo
03-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Hopefully the Midtown Deli will do the trick when it opens.

metro
03-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Market C usually has good capicola and salami! Might try Mediteranean Deli too.

icecold
03-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Falcones....Not sure about the other locations but the one on N. May is really good. Top notch sandwiches.

mecarr
03-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Jersey Mikes is good.

tuck
03-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Market C usually has good capicola and salami! Might try Mediteranean Deli too.

Boar's Head is now available with a new East Coast line arriving April 1st at Market-C.

Martin
03-19-2009, 06:25 PM
boar's head is now available with a new east coast line arriving april 1st at market-c.

are we talking cut-to-order or pre-packaged? -M

http://www.okctalk.com/images/misc/progress.gif

mark
03-20-2009, 10:26 AM
to me, those are sandwich shops. when i think of a deli, i think of sliced meat (roast beef, corned beef, turkey) on rye with a pickle and cole slaw, not a bag of chip on the side.

i've been here for two years from south florida, that's probably why i have this image of a deli.

Deli Head
04-13-2009, 08:50 AM
bluepickle,
Midtown Deli will be offering Boar's Head meats & cheeses, including Capicola & salami. We are in the final stages of construction and plan to open in the next few weeks. We are located at NW 13th & Walker Ave. in Midtown, right next to 1492 restaurant.
Hope to meet you soon!
Deli Head

lpecan
04-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Falcone's on May (not the other locations) for capicola,mortadella, prosciutto di parma, etc. However, I'd go to crescent market for buffalo mozzarella (I think Market C has it too), since the stuff they sell at Falcone's is pretty lacking. As far as sopressata, you're pretty much screwed in the metro. They used to have some at Falcone's, but now what they have in the sopressata/salumeria stuff is a little lacking.

But it strikes me that what you are looking for is a toojays. I don't think you'll have a whole lot of luck here.

metro
04-14-2009, 09:18 AM
wait until MidTown Deli opens and see what they'll have.

JerzeeGrlinOKC
04-15-2009, 09:40 PM
As far as sopressata, you're pretty much screwed in the metro.

Forward Foods carries sopressata last I checked. But don't know if you consider that "in the metro"

And I hate to say this, but I think I saw it at Sam's...(one on southside near Tinker - they seem to randomly have items I can't find elsewhere)