View Full Version : Shields Bridge is OPEN

Bobby821
03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
The Shields bridge is back open again, I noticed while driving on it that there is now an approachway opening in the side of the bridge just north of the railroad tracks where there used to be concrete wall. Does anyone know why this is there are they going to put in a road leading down to the junkyards from the Shields bridge or whats going on with this?

oneforone
03-18-2009, 01:16 PM
The Shields bridge is back open again, I noticed while driving on it that there is now an approachway opening in the side of the bridge just north of the railroad tracks where there used to be concrete wall. Does anyone know why this is there are they going to put in a road leading down to the junkyards from the Shields bridge or whats going on with this?

The new I-40 is most likely going to be in the path of that road.

Bobby821
03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Yes, but isnt it going to go under the shields bridge?

OKCisOK4me
03-18-2009, 01:42 PM
If you go to 40forward.com and click the link for the photo gallery, the aerial photo of Shields was on March 4th showing all of the Northbound sections finished. You're telling me the Southbound side is done too? And the whole project is finished with flowing traffic on both sides? That's pretty impressive! That's a lot of spans put in on that Southbound side in a 2 week period...

Insider
03-18-2009, 01:56 PM
If you go to 40forward.com and click the link for the photo gallery, the aerial photo of Shields was on March 4th showing all of the Northbound sections finished. You're telling me the Southbound side is done too? And the whole project is finished with flowing traffic on both sides? That's pretty impressive! That's a lot of spans put in on that Southbound side in a 2 week period...

No, no, no... The Oklahoma DOT is not that good! They have only the northbound side done and two lanes in each direction open on the northbound side. They are still working on the southbound side. BTW, it has been open for about two weeks...

Martin
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
^
that's what i thought... but, hey... open is open, amiright?

-M

OKCisOK4me
03-18-2009, 04:11 PM
No, no, no... The Oklahoma DOT is not that good! They have only the northbound side done and two lanes in each direction open on the northbound side. They are still working on the southbound side. BTW, it has been open for about two weeks...

That's what I figured. Like I said, according to those pics on that page, there's no frickin way they'd have the Southbound done that fast. Not even TexDOT can do that!

oneforone
03-19-2009, 01:20 AM
That's what I figured. Like I said, according to those pics on that page, there's no frickin way they'd have the Southbound done that fast. Not even TexDOT can do that!

The sad thing about is TexDot would be 3/4 the way (1/2 Way worst case scenario) finished by now.