View Full Version : Good groomer?

BeeEss
03-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Can anyone recommend a good (and reasonably priced) groomer? We have a golden retriever mix that needs his yearly spring/summer haircut soon - we've used PetSMART in the past and they did a good enough job, but at well over $100 for a bath/brush, trim, and nail trim, we were hoping to find someone a bit more reasonable. If this is (more or less) the going rate, it would still be worth going with a local business as opposed to a chain.

Sam the dog thanks you in advance.

Jesseda
03-19-2009, 10:02 AM
where are you located, i know of a place in moore thats good

mecarr
03-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Try Four Paws on 22nd and Robinson avenue. I think they have a website, google them.

BeeEss
03-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the replies - I'll check out Four Paws now.

Jesseda, I'm up by OCU but am in Moore quite often to visit family, so it would be no problem to drop Sam off whilst doing that - if you have a good place I think it would be well worth the quick drive. Maybe I can even drop him off, get in a few holes at Earlywine, then pick him back up. :)

Thanks again!

--b

Jesseda
03-20-2009, 08:56 AM
k-9 korral off eastern 900 n eastern #794-0515, my parents use this place often, the staff is really friendly and they do a pretty good job, my parents have pomeranians (think i didnt spell that right) and they always leave looking like show dogs.. my favorite place for my boston terrier to get groomed and pampered is cutts 4 mutts, they have a homemade dog bakery in there called dogbarks, and some neat gift items, friendly staff that loves animals. there in downtown moore 114 n broadway #794-8300

Doxie Daisy
08-12-2009, 08:45 PM
We vote for Cutts 4 Mutts too. That's who keeps our mini doxie looking spiffy.

Daisy never seems to mind going there. She is a picky eater, but sometimes she will get a treat she likes from the bakery.

MsDarkstar
09-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Darn it, I knew I should've checked here before I made my babies a groomer appointment! Does anyone know anything about Paw Prints in Moore? I've used Doggie Styles before & were happy with them but I've got a flea problem & need them groomed ASAP & Doggie Styles can't get them in for 2 weeks. I googled pet groomers & Paw Prints had favorable reviews so I have an appt for them on Saturday.

I took them to Paws & Claws in Moore once and I am so glad they closed...when I picked the kids up my girl was bleeding in three places from being nicked with the clippers, even though she doesn't have long enough hair to warrant clipper use!

Jon27
09-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Yukon isn't too far from you. Try Touch of Class on Vandement, 350-7500. We take our 2 dogs there, they are beagles so not much grooming involved. My grandma takes her maltese there, and my Aunt took her schnauzer there. Kelly is the owner, she does an excellent job, and prices are reasonable. The dogs are treated very well.

rondvu
09-03-2009, 03:46 PM
For dogs 25 lbs and smaller I would recommend Evelyn with Canine Clips at 6733 NW 50th. Our dogs have been going to her for years and love here. Her number is 495-8339.

MsDarkstar
09-03-2009, 07:46 PM
My babies are 90lbs & 45lbs...Paw Prints said they'd do shampoo/nails/gland/flea dip for $45 total...$25 for big boy & $20 for little girl. I had called the groomer at Petsmart & they were quoting more like $50-$60 each!

Thunder
09-03-2009, 09:18 PM
There is one on 15th off the west side of Sunnylane in Del City. It's between a business and a laundry place. I remember many years ago mom always took our lil doggy there all the time. Not sure if it is the same person, but the business been there for many years.

RocketRN
09-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I took my cat to All About Pets on SW 119th and Western and altough it was reasonably priced ($49 for a shave and bath), they nicked her in several areas. I didn't say anything when I picked her up b/c I knew she was freaked out and more than ready to come home. The worker said, "she is really not happy" because she was meowing and hissing at them.. after seeing the cuts, I wonder what they did to her behind closed doors. I'm not taking her there again.