View Full Version : Thunder Beats Spurs!

Karried
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
woot!! omg.. what an incredible game... we beat the Spurs. I can't believe it. I love this team.

This from the Thunder.NBA blog:

It was so exciting!
FOURTH QUARTER

Game is tied at 65 three minutes into the fourth. The Thunder has continued to come up with defensive stops. Nick Collison has done a fine job of denying Drew Gooden the ball in the post. Thabo Sefolosha just stole the ball from Roger Mason, which resulted in an OKC basket. Sefolosha has three steals tonight.

Chucky Atkins’ three-pointer just gave OKC its first lead of the game at 70-67 with 7:28 left. It happened thanks to Kyle Weaver’s block on Tim Duncan.

A quick update: Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford is at tonight’s game.

Russell Westbrook just got penalized for his freakish athleticism. We’ve seen Westbrook sky above an opponent many a time to snatch a rebound. He just did it again, but the officials clearly thought he went over the back of an opponent. Either way, Westbrook just made up for it with a basket on OKC’s next possession. The Thunder still has a 72-69 lead with 4:25 left.

Right now the officials are slapping the Thunder with fouls for even the slightest bit of contact around the rim. Still, OKC has maintained a lead - it’s ahead, 76-72, with 2:52 left. Both teams have their starting lineups on the floor.
We’ll soon see whether the Thunder can come up with two or three defensive stops here to seal the victory. It has a 78-74 lead with 1:04 left.

The Spurs can tie or take the lead with their upcoming possession. First, Tony Parker made it a two-point deficit when he scored off another high screen by Tim Duncan, taking it to the rim for a layup. They just forced Russell Westbrook into an off-balance jumper and now can hold the ball for the game’s final possession with 18 seconds left.

The Thunder just held on for a quality win over the Spurs, 78-76.

theparkman81
03-17-2009, 02:47 PM
I am so happy that they won, they deserve this win, If they keep winning more games, they are going to have more wins then they had in Seattle last year.

windowphobe
03-17-2009, 05:42 PM
At this point, all they need is two: they've won 19, and the last year in Seattle was 20-62. There are 15 games left in the season.

Easy180
03-17-2009, 06:34 PM
I just knew Parker would bury that three to take us down at the buzzer yet again...4 in a row at home?...Never thought that would happen after how the season started

This team is going to be badazz by 2011...No doubt about it

Karried
03-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I just knew Parker would bury that three to take us down at the buzzer yet again

No kidding!! I was holding my breath and what about when they started to review after we won! Agonizing!

betts
03-17-2009, 07:04 PM
No kidding!! I was holding my breath and what about when they started to review after we won! Agonizing!

Me too. I was thinking: can they review looking for a non-called foul? I thought "no", but will need to check the rules. I was so afraid someone would be shooting freethrows for the Spurs to tie the game.

SouthsideSooner
03-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Me too. I was thinking: can they review looking for a non-called foul? I thought "no", but will need to check the rules. I was so afraid someone would be shooting freethrows for the Spurs to tie the game.

They had a clock problem and they were reviewing whether Westbrook rebounded the ball and was fouled before time ended.

Thabo Sefolosha is quickly becoming my favorite player. His defense on Parker in the 4th quarter was one of the big reasons we won...

theparkman81
03-31-2009, 10:56 PM
well the Thunder beat the Spurs again tonight, I think they won their 21 game, So they will have a better record than what their record was last year in Seattle.

kevinpate
04-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Playing in a community that truly appears to want them here gives them a better season than last, but having a better w/l to go along with it, not bad, not bad at all

Karried
04-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Yay! Thunder!

brent
04-02-2009, 07:12 PM
They had a clock problem and they were reviewing whether Westbrook rebounded the ball and was fouled before time ended.

Thabo Sefolosha is quickly becoming my favorite player. His defense on Parker in the 4th quarter was one of the big reasons we won...

I completely agree, and on that last play, he was all over Ginobli like a bad rash!! That guy has just transformed our defense. I can't imagine why he was riding the bench in Chicago.

Brent