View Full Version : Blake Griffin Pros/Cons

jstanthrnme
03-12-2009, 02:43 PM
From the Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Feature-Blake-Griffin-R.jpg

fromdust
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
i like that, but joking aside he could use a lot of work on his free throws.

westsidesooner
03-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Great player, great kid too, but I think his popularity or his importance to the team seem to have affected his play down the stretch. He seems to be so afraid of getting a foul/fouling out that his defense suffers. Several times late in the season Blake let the opponets blow right past him while he just looked on. Free throws def. need some work too-----they look really akward. I'm looking forward to see how he does in the pros.

fromdust
03-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Great player, great kid too, but I think his popularity or his importance to the team seem to have affected his play down the stretch. He seems to be so afraid of getting a foul/fouling out that his defense suffers. Several times late in the season Blake let the opponets blow right past him while he just looked on. Free throws def. need some work too-----they look really akward. I'm looking forward to see how he does in the pros.

perfect example of the lack of defense was last nights freaking game!!

jstanthrnme
03-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Defending one of those easy layups Okie State made could have won the game.

He is a tad inconsistent when it comes to defense. Like last night, he didn't really contest some easy layups, but last week, he jumped into the the first row to get control of a loose ball.

I'd have been more happy last night had he fouled out, got a few stops, made OSU take their chances from the line instead of giving up easy 2's to them.

OKCMallen
03-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Defending one of those easy layups Okie State made could have won the game.

He is a tad inconsistent when it comes to defense. Like last night, he didn't really contest some easy layups, but last week, he jumped into the the first row to get control of a loose ball.

I'd have been more happy last night had he fouled out, got a few stops, made OSU take their chances from the line instead of giving up easy 2's to them.

IMO- He's playing good, fundamental defense with a focus on not taking meaningless fouls. We don't want him fouling out. let Taylor G. or Patillo play that role.

jstanthrnme
03-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I agree he's playing good.

I don't want anyone to foul out. But the taking the chance of a foul on one of those shots that got past him could have meant another game in the tourney. Not exactly meaningless.

OKCMallen
03-20-2009, 08:05 AM
I agree he's playing good.

I don't want anyone to foul out. But the taking the chance of a foul on one of those shots that got past him could have meant another game in the tourney. Not exactly meaningless.

It's a false assumption in basketball that you need to block every shot and keep the team from scoring every possession. He challenged shots very well in that game. The problem was guard defense NOT Blake. You need to aim your criticism there.

lasomeday
03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Does he talk a lot of trash because he seems to get hit or thrown down a lot. I don't remember other superstars getting tortured as much as he does?

jstanthrnme
03-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I don't think he talks trash. Good players just get frustrated because he is so much better, and those who can't control their emotions try to get in a cheap shot.

That was an unbelievable shot he took last night. He knew it was gonna happen, and after it did, he just walked away and didn't look back. That was pretty classy.

onthestrip
03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
He obviously isnt a loud mouthed trash talker but your crazy if you think they he doesnt say anything. Blake doesnt recieve those cheapshots because opposing players are upset that he is just that much better. Blake uses his body very well in these situations. He knows how to be strong but also knows when to be weak and appear to be mauled by the slightest contact.

Stan Silliman
03-20-2009, 04:35 PM
He obviously isnt a loud mouthed trash talker but your crazy if you think they he doesnt say anything. Blake doesnt recieve those cheapshots because opposing players are upset that he is just that much better. Blake uses his body very well in these situations. He knows how to be strong but also knows when to be weak and appear to be mauled by the slightest contact.

Gee, you think he might have helped on the flip, sort of like a "prefessional ressler" does when he leans into a judo throw?