View Full Version : New retail at 6th and Hudson?

metro
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
So I've noticed the last few days there has been masking paper up in the far NE windows of the building on the SW corner of 6th and Hudson downtown. This is the spec building that was built directly across from the downtown post office/Regency Tower. I'm assuming it was built on spec that tourists from the National Memorial would frequent it, but nothing has ever gone in there and it's been there for years. It appears there may be a tenant finally moving in. Anyone know anything more?

LakeEffect
03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Can't find a building permit... so, if it's anything big, it's not official yet.

jbrown84
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Hopefully so. I can't believe how long that has sat completely empty.

Comm'l Real Estate Guy
03-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Parking has been/will be the issue for this property.

Also, all the office space available in downtown adds to the difficulty of leasing the building.

metro
03-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I don't know if I buy that. It's freaking downtown.

#1 - there is no parking problem downtown, only perception and a lazy Oklahoman attitude. Downtowns are meant for walking.

#2 - location, it's right by Regency Tower, National Memorial, and the main bus station, they have tons of foot traffic a day in that area. If the retailer mix is right, they don't need parking, there are also several parking lots within a block walking distance as well as street meter parking.

anyone know what is going in the corner space of this building?

Steve
03-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Yes. Fotis Bargliotis was given the building by taxpayers as a replacement for the Athenian Building. Another person would need to answer whether the owner has been reasonable in what he expects in terms of rent or sale.

LakeEffect
03-17-2009, 06:23 AM
A consultant friend made mention that his office looked into moving there a year or two ago, but decided against it because, even though they knew it required build-out, the floors seemed extremely uneven and the cost was relatively high. And, as a consulting firm, they'd have many visitors, so without a specific parking lot they didn't want to move there. Which now makes me chuckle because they just moved across the street from the Bricktown Police SubStation.