View Full Version : Report neglected business signs

metro
03-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Residents encouraged to report neglected signs

(March 4, 2009) - City Council is asking citizens to help fight urban blight by reporting dilapidated roadside business signs to the City’s Action Center.

The City’s sign ordinance was strengthened in November, giving property owners who have been cited for a violation 30 days to bring their sign into compliance. Those who do not comply could receive a citation.

Signs that are damaged, deteriorated, defaced, abandoned, illegible or no longer advertise the business on the property could be in violation of the ordinance.

To report a dilapidated sign, call the Action Center at 297-2535 or submit a request online at City of Oklahoma City | News (http://www.okc.gov). Customer service representatives will need the address of the dilapidated sign.

“Neglected signs are not only an eyesore, but they contribute to the deterioration of our business districts and neighborhoods,” said Planning Director Russell Claus. “Removing these nuisances will go a long way to beautifying Oklahoma City.”

okclee
03-11-2009, 09:56 AM
This could be fun.

circuitboard
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I know what I will be doing this weekend.....speed dial and lots of driving. Lets clean this place up! lol

BDP
03-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Does a fine accompany the "citation"? I'm pretty sure that the cost of not removing the sign has to be higher than removing it before anything will happen.

ImTheDude
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Does a fine accompany the "citation"? I'm pretty sure that the cost of not removing the sign has to be higher than removing it before anything will happen.
Here is the breakdown of how the penalty system works:
First infraction you receive a demerit. Three demerits, and you'll receive a citation. Five citations, and you're looking at a violation. Four of those, and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that'll land you in a world of hurt in the form of a disciplinary review.

Insider
03-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Here is the breakdown of how the penalty system works:
First infraction you receive a demerit. Three demerits, and you'll receive a citation. Five citations, and you're looking at a violation. Four of those, and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that'll land you in a world of hurt in the form of a disciplinary review.

Reminds me of high school... =)

kallio
03-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Reminds me of high school... =)

Reminds me of the United Nations!