View Full Version : U2 will play Norman this fall

Intrepid
03-09-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.newsok.com/feed/u2-will-play-norman-this-fall/article/3351718?custom_click=pod_headline_news

U2 confirmed through its web site Monday that Norman will be one of the stops on the band’s globe-spanning “U2 360° Tour” in October.

Although a spokesman for concert producer-promoter Live Nation declined to confirm a date or a venue for the Norman show, the unofficial U2tours.com fan site lists the appearance on Oct. 19 at the Gaylord Family — Oklahoma Memorial Stadium on the University of Oklahoma campus.

“All I can really confirm is what’s in the official press release, which is Norman, Oklahoma, is listed as a date and I don’t know where or when that date will be,” said John Vlautin, Live Nation senior vice president of communications.

Vlautin would neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of the U2tours listing.

The official schedule lists only dates through Sept. 24, adding that U2 would also visit Norman.

According to the site: “Long-time U2 Show Director Willie Williams has worked again with architect Mark Fisher (ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo), to create an innovative 360˚ design which affords an unobstructed view for the audience. U2 360° also marks the first time a band has toured in stadiums with such a unique and original structure.”

A ticket pre-sale will be held for members of U2's site (u2.com), before they go on sale to the public.

U2 will launch its tour at the Nou Camp Stadium in Barcelona on June 30. The tour is band’s first stadium outing since the Vertigo Tour of 2005-06 and follows the release of their 12th studio album, “No Line On The Horizon.”

Their 12th studio album, No Line On The Horizon is already number 1 in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Finland, Japan and the Czech Republic with further chart positions to be announced this week.

U2 first played the Oklahoma City area in a now long-forgotten club called Jammy's in a shopping center on the southwest edge of Will Rogers Park. Cover was $6 a head. On June 9, 1983, the Dublin, Ireland rockers returned for a show at Lloyd Noble Center in Norman.

nik4411
03-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow if this is true I will have to be there.