View Full Version : Old Television shows/Trivia

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Prunepicker
10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
In the late 50s, early 60s, didn't each box of Buster Brown shoes come with a
golden egg inside?
I thought they came with Red Goose shoes. There was a goose and you
either pulled the head or something to get the egg. I could be wrong.

Prunepicker
10-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Got one for you... How did they make Mr. Ed (Talking Horse) move his mouth
like he did? Come on now... you should know.
Duh! It was in the script when he was supposed to talk so he did.

zachtaylor alum
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I always remember the farm report in the mornings on WKY TV. Price of Barrows and Gilts, feeder steers, the "perk" (that was a coffee pot that bubbled up the top) in the background. I saw cattle auctions on RFD TV yesterday and it reminded me of the farm report.

Wayne Liles did the report on KWTV and I think he went on the air each morning in overalls after actually doing some farming, didn't he?

papaOU
10-08-2009, 07:57 PM
The golden egg came with Buster Brown shoes. Red Goose shoes, a division of Buster Brown came with a red egg.

Come on Prunepicker! The above quote was from earlier today.......

You're letting your Grant education show again.:kicking:

Redskins/General
10-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Midnight started out on the Buster Brown show, too. :tiphat:
Didn't Midnight the Cat always do his Me-yow, lick his chops, bat his green eye's and say "Niiicccccccceee???

Generals64
10-09-2009, 08:01 AM
I thought they came with Red Goose shoes. There was a goose and you
either pulled the head or something to get the egg. I could be wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
At one time in my collection of "Junk" I had one of those Contraptions. It was a Goose that you pulled it's head down and an egg would come out. One thing I wish I hadn't thrown out.

papaOU
10-09-2009, 07:27 PM
At one time in my collection of "Junk" I had one of those Contraptions. It was a Goose that you pulled it's head down and an egg would come out. One thing I wish I hadn't thrown out.

It came out the bottom of the neck did it not?

Check this out:

Scoop - Where the Magic of Collecting Comes Alive! - The Tale of the Red Goose (http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=34&s=264&ai=44319&arch=y&ssd=10/11/2003%2012:01:00%20PM)

papaOU
10-10-2009, 12:53 AM
On TCM tonight- "Horror House" Frankie Avalon and Jill Haworth

papaOU
10-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Soupy sales!!!

Redskins/General
10-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Winky Dink Show, Gen/64 probably still has his magic screen!!

Generals64
10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Winky Dink Show, Gen/64 probably still has his magic screen!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do and I have the eraser also.....it is very "brittle" now....Hey, who was the Lt. in Rin-tin-tin????Seriously....

papaOU
10-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey prunepicker!

Did ya' watch the Dodgers-Cards games?

Got my Dodger Blue on....................

skyrick
10-19-2009, 08:51 AM
"My Mother the Car"

1. What make and year was "mom"?

2. Who did "mom"'s voice?

3. Who played "mom"'s son?

Rick

kevinpate
10-19-2009, 09:09 AM
1928 Porter

Ann Sothern voiced dead mama Gladys, and Jerry Van Dyke played her attorney son, David Crabtree

skyrick
10-20-2009, 07:29 AM
1928 Porter

Ann Sothern voiced dead mama Gladys, and Jerry Van Dyke played her attorney son, David Crabtree

I thought it was a 1927 Maxwell, but memory is flawed sometimes. You were so dead on with the rest, including the name of JVD's character (which I didn't remember) that I accept.

Johnny, tell him what he's won!

Rick

Prunepicker
10-20-2009, 01:21 PM
I thought it was a 1927 Maxwell, but memory is flawed sometimes. You were
so dead on with the rest, including the name of JVD's character (which I
didn't remember) that I accept.

Johnny, tell him what he's won!

It was called a Porter but it was really built from several cars including a
Maxwell and the Model T.

Jack Benny was famous for his Maxwell.

papaOU
10-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Soupy Sales died Thursday at the age of 83.

Saw a clip of him hitting Sinatra in the face with a pie.

mrbob
10-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I love Hopalong cassidy, Gabby Hayes , Roy and Dale Sky King, Lone Ranger and the Three Stooges.

Generals64
10-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Her's one we haven't discussed....PINKY LEE...anyone remember him?????

yoo-hoo it's me, my name is Pinky Lee......And so on....I'm going to bed, OSU just got Murdered.....

Prunepicker
10-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Her's one we haven't discussed... PINKY LEE... anyone remember him?

yoo-hoo it's me, my name is Pinky Lee... And so on...
Yes! But I don't remember why. Did he have a funny hat and a suit that was
tiny diamond shapes? I really don't think I know.

I'm going to bed, OSU just got Murdered...
... and the problem is?

Prunepicker
10-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I love Hopalong cassidy, Gabby Hayes , Roy and Dale Sky King, Lone Ranger
and the Three Stooges.
Everything fits together except the 3 Stooges! I think they were the first
comedy team I ever saw.

As far as the cowboys go, I loved them all. Lash LaRue, too! I couldn't get
enough of the cowboy programs of the 50's. I'll bet a dollar that if today's
kids watched those shows we'd have a lot more civility in our society.

I mean it.

papaOU
11-01-2009, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=Generals64;267206]

yoo-hoo it's me, my name is Pinky Lee......And so on....

my Dad used to sing that often...........

gmwise
11-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Remember to root for OU and OSU when they play out of state.
If you dont then Buddha will make your team suffer.lol

Prunepicker
11-02-2009, 09:40 PM
I root for Ohio State Univ. on most occasions. Dois Oahu have a state
university?

papaOU
11-02-2009, 11:17 PM

Heard on t.v. once that the only people going to Heaven were Mormon......

And God is a Buddhist.

CarltonsKeeper
11-03-2009, 06:12 AM
[QUOTE=Generals64;267206]

yoo-hoo it's me, my name is Pinky Lee......And so on....

my Dad used to sing that often...........
Its Me, It's Me, My name is Pinky Lee, A Checkerd hat and a Checkerd Coat, wiggly little walk like a Billy Goat, It's me It's Me....Never Heard it before!!

Generals64
11-03-2009, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=papaOU;267257]
Its Me, It's Me, My name is Pinky Lee, A Checkerd hat and a Checkerd Coat, wiggly little walk like a Billy Goat, It's me It's Me....Never Heard it before!!
================================================== =============
I knew you would come through for us.....You used to wear a coat like his during school didn't you?????

phinzup
11-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Everything fits together except the 3 Stooges! I think they were the first
comedy team I ever saw.

As far as the cowboys go, I loved them all. Lash LaRue, too! I couldn't get
enough of the cowboy programs of the 50's. I'll bet a dollar that if today's
kids watched those shows we'd have a lot more civility in our society.

I mean it.

I met the man who played Lash LaRue a few years ago. He had tables set up at the Tom Mix Festival in Guthrie. Pretty interesting fellow. He had some of the props from the show there to display along with a bunch of pictures.

phinzup
11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
What is the name of the show that "Boston Blackie" was in?

Prunepicker
11-03-2009, 08:28 PM
What is the name of the show that "Boston Blackie" was in?
Boston Blackie!

Generals64
11-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Boston Blackie!

================================================== ===========
Good one>>>> you are awake finally........How about Charlie Chan...who was the other detective..??

Prunepicker
11-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Good one... you are awake finally ...How about Charlie Chan... who was the
other detective?
If you mean the other detective on the Charlie Chan movies, I don't know.
Are you referring to Number One Son or another show all together?

I liked the Thin Man series.

gmwise
11-04-2009, 02:34 PM
I loved the Thin Man movies, but you can tell a lessen of the chemistry in the later movies.

Generals64
11-04-2009, 03:29 PM
If you mean the other detective on the Charlie Chan movies, I don't know.
Are you referring to Number One Son or another show all together?

I liked the Thin Man series.

================================================== ==========
I think it was Number one son. I just remember seeing some of the movies and there would be an American Detective using Charlie Chan's knowledge....Ah-so....Number one Son.....

Generals64
11-20-2009, 10:24 AM
In the show "My Little Margie" who played the captain....Not a trick question ....just wondering....Wonder if The Love Boat was kinda copying My little Margie????

Prunepicker
11-20-2009, 01:05 PM
I remember the show but not the captain. Here's a link to
My Little Margie! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044283/)

Prunepicker
11-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Boston Blackie is on TCM right now!

skyrick
11-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Heard on t.v. once that the only people going to Heaven were Mormon......

And God is a Buddhist.

Homer Simpson met an untimely end on one episode. When he got to the Pearly Gates St Peter said that it was a mistake and sent Homer back to Earth. Before he left he asked St Peter what the one true religion was. "Ehh, it's a mixture of Voodoo and Methodist." St Peter said.

Rick

Generals64
11-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Homer Simpson met an untimely end on one episode. When he got to the Pearly Gates St Peter said that it was a mistake and sent Homer back to Earth. Before he left he asked St Peter what the one true religion was. "Ehh, it's a mixture of Voodoo and Methodist." St Peter said.

Rick
================================================== ===========
You know, you CAN'T believe everything you hear on Television...and in this case I wouldn't believe any of it....

papaOU
12-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Saw a clip of the "Scene" on pbs.

I did not know it ran for 8 years on WKY!!

papaOU
12-26-2009, 04:22 PM
OETA is repeating Television Pioneers at 6:00 pm this evening

grantgeneral78
01-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I seen today that Steve Powell (Foreman Scotty) daughter died in a car crash on Portland.

Very sad, here is the link:

NewsOK (http://www.newsok.com/lisa-powell-daughter-of-foreman-scotty-dies-in-oklahoma-city-car-accident/article/3429867?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Here is a link to a web site Lisa Powell was doing in memory of her dad, some of her blogs are on it as well.

http://www.foremanscottyskids.com/

Generals64
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I seen today that Steve Powell (Foreman Scotty) daughter died in a car crash on Portland.

Very sad, here is the link:

NewsOK (http://www.newsok.com/lisa-powell-daughter-of-foreman-scotty-dies-in-oklahoma-city-car-accident/article/3429867?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Here is a link to a web site Lisa Powell was doing in memory of her dad, some of her blogs are on it as well.

Foreman Scotty's Kids (http://www.foremanscottyskids.com/)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of our group is a niece to Ida B:....I asked her to bring Ida at the next meeting if she would come....to bad about Lisa....she was a little bitty girl when I knew her.....I mean like 2 or 3 years old....
And, Ida's son is with the History Center and is an ex-GRANT Graduate....So, I've asked if she could get him to come also.....Then he could be a member of this elite group ....(whatever).....

grantgeneral78
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of our group is a niece to Ida B:....I asked her to bring Ida at the next meeting if she would come....to bad about Lisa....she was a little bitty girl when I knew her.....I mean like 2 or 3 years old....
And, Ida's son is with the History Center and is an ex-GRANT Graduate....So, I've asked if she could get him to come also.....Then he could be a member of this elite group ....(whatever).....

I know her grandson.

Generals64
01-05-2010, 06:04 PM
I know her grandson.

================================================== =============
My mistake, it is her Grandson (the one you know) that is with the Oklahoma History Society.....He's the one interested in this group of outlaws....Or uh...good guys...and Gals...I'll be quiet.........

MsDarkstar
01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
LOL you were right the first time, it is her SON! Generals64, Ida B & her two kids lived next door to my mom when you guys were in high school. Bobby was about 5 or 6 years behind Mom in school.

Also, my dad is sitting here with me - he's a 1964 Moore HS grad (a self proclaimed Moore-on) and he told me to tell you ya'll are just a bunch of grunts from Grant :P

papaOU
01-05-2010, 07:36 PM
LOL you were right the first time, it is her SON! Generals64, Ida B & her two kids lived next door to my mom when you guys were in high school. Bobby was about 5 or 6 years behind Mom in school.

Also, my dad is sitting here with me - he's a 1964 Moore HS grad (a self proclaimed Moore-on) and he told me to tell you ya'll are just a bunch of grunts from Grant :P

Not all of us.......

CHHS class of 1973

Generals64
01-05-2010, 07:54 PM

+==============================+++================ ==========
yeah, but we're proud of it....Notice that he Married a Grant Graduate....Finally raised his I.Q. right???...and I live in Moore now......Both of my sons Graduated from Moore.....'64???? he graduated from Moore then?????how many AG classes did he take?....the graduating class of 12 still meet in the old TG&Y Stockroom?????Bring him with you to the meeting....Probably know him....

Generals64
02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
I was watching a Bonanza Rerun:.....All of the stars are now gone since Parnell Roberts just passed away a few weeks back....That's kinda sad. I remember the neighborhood would go quiet when Bonanza came on....In the Summer time everyone would have their windows open for a somewhat "Cool Breeze" to come in and it would be like Stereo on the street......Then of Course when Gunsmoke came on the street was like a ghost town.....I don't know if Chester had everyone mesmerized or the guys (dads of the group) were madly in love with "Miss Kitty".... those were the days.....

Generals64
03-11-2010, 07:43 AM
new show on the Western Channel (my kids say so) "The Virginian"...... ...New???.....The pacific is coming up soon so I guess EVERY Channel on Television will begin showing Military Re-runs.....

Prunepicker
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
new show on the Western Channel (my kids say so) "The Virginian"... New?
The pacific is coming up soon so I guess EVERY Channel on Television will
begin showing Military Re-runs...
Wasn't the star James Drury? Wasn't the show was 90 mins and came on at
an odd time, like 6:30pm?

papaOU
03-11-2010, 03:04 PM
It was 90 minutes.

James Drury ........... The Virginian
Doug McClure .......... Trampas
Lee J. Cobb ........... Judge Henry Garth
Roberta Shore ......... Betsy Garth
Gary Clarke ........... Steve Hill
Pippa Scott ........... Molly Wood
Randy Boone ........... Randy Benton
Clu Gulager ........... Deputy Emmett Ryker
Diane Roter ........... Jennifer Sommers
Don Quine ............. Stacey Grainger
Charles Bickford ...... John Grainger
Sara Lane ............. Elizabeth Grainger
Jeanette Nolan ........ Holly Grainger
John McIntire ......... Clay Grainger
David Hartman ......... David Sutton
Stewart Granger ....... Colonel Alan MacKenzie
Lee Majors ............ Roy Tate

I did not remember Lee J. Cobb being on there.....

Seems that it competed with the news on CBS so it must have started at 6:00 or 6:30

papaOU
03-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Am watching the mutant movie "Them" on AMC. James Whitmore, James Arness, Fess Parker, Leonard Nimoy..........

Generals64
03-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Yesterday:....March 18th, 2010 it became official:.....Davy Crockett Died:....Fess Parker of Davy Crockett fame and Daniel Boone ....passed away. Also this week Peter Graves passed away:...both in their middle 80's...However, Peter Graves was listed as his achievement in Mission Impossible was his claim to fame....But, I remember him as the Uncle on the Saturday Morning Kids story of FURY "The Wonder Horse".......Really enjoyed that show.....tried to never miss it on Saturday Mornings.....

CarltonsKeeper
03-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Yesterday:....March 18th, 2010 it became official:.....Davy Crockett Died:....Fess Parker of Davy Crockett fame and Daniel Boone ....passed away. Also this week Peter Graves passed away:...both in their middle 80's...However, Peter Graves was listed as his achievement in Mission Impossible was his claim to fame....But, I remember him as the Uncle on the Saturday Morning Kids story of FURY "The Wonder Horse".......Really enjoyed that show.....tried to never miss it on Saturday Mornings.....
Pete!! Joey, Fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! Gen/64, didn't you "sub" for Pete every now and then??

papaOU
03-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Pete!! Joey, Fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! Gen/64, didn't you "sub" for Pete every now and then??

NO! NO! NO!

He was Mr. Ed's sub........

Generals64
03-19-2010, 05:18 PM
NO! NO! NO!

He was Mr. Ed's sub........

================================================== ============
Really, I played Mr. Haney for a while and then the Actor's Guild got mad because I wasn't a true Member....

JUNKMAN
04-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Must have been around 1960-61. My parents took me to see the "Alamo", at the Redskin I think. Mom warned me that I may not like the ending because Davy Crockett would be killed. I remember declaring " That ain't Davy Crockett, thats John Wayne!"

Generals64
04-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Must have been around 1960-61. My parents took me to see the "Alamo", at the Redskin I think. Mom warned me that I may not like the ending because Davy Crockett would be killed. I remember declaring " That ain't Davy Crockett, thats John Wayne!"
When I was about 8 or 9 Fess Parker (Davy Crockett) came to the downtown John A. Brown Store in the basement. Coonskin hat and even had old Betsy. He only let ME touch Old Betsy (after every other kid in OKC)....That ws cool. He seemed to be a good guy.

CarltonsKeeper
04-12-2010, 07:17 AM
In the TV commercial for Marlboro cigarettes there was a music theme played as the Marlboro man did his thing!! Does anyone remember what old R&R song this music was copied after???? Whoever figures it out, Gen/64 will buy them a steak dinner!!