View Full Version : Old Television shows/Trivia

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

TaoMaas
03-11-2009, 06:58 AM
The Ernie Kovacs Show was awesome. It seemed like half magic and half comedy.

USG '60
03-11-2009, 10:21 AM
And we got Edie Adams in the deal, too.

Prunepicker
03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Did anyone know that The Golden Girls existed?
What was that?

Had everyone forgotten I Love Lucy?

Maybe everyone thought some else mentioned it! Her next show was the
Lucy Show.

Prunepicker
03-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Remember...
I Married Joan.
Bob Cummings Show
Jack Benny
Dragnet
The Adventures of Superman
Ann Sothern Show
Perry Mason
What's My Line?
I've Got a Secret
Password
Concentration
Price is Right with Bill Cullin

grantgeneral78
03-11-2009, 10:59 AM
So there really was some golden girls. wonder where they were actually from?

Jesseda
03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
does anybody know of the clown in okc that was on channel 9 called squeegie the clown. he would trade things, you bring in something and he would trade you out, it was in the 50's my boss swears that this show exist but i cant find anything on it, she wants me to ask if anyone knows about this show or any websites about this show..

Generals64
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
does anybody know of the clown in okc that was on channel 9 called squeegie the clown. he would trade things, you bring in something and he would trade you out, it was in the 50's my boss swears that this show exist but i cant find anything on it, she wants me to ask if anyone knows about this show or any websites about this show..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember Squeegie the Clown but I don't remember what Channel or what he did. This is a pretty diversified group...give us a little time and we'll get you and answer.....

grantgeneral78
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Clowns scare the crap out of my brother in law, wussy!!

village idiot
03-11-2009, 06:42 PM
I think it was called, Squeegie's Big-9 Circus. If I remember right, Squeegie had an Emmit Kelly look and a Soupy Sales sound. Always heard he was fired for being drunk and cussed on the air which was live TV.

Generals64
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I think it was called, Squeegie's Big-9 Circus. If I remember right, Squeegie had an Emmit Kelly look and a Soupy Sales sound. Always heard he was fired for being drunk and cussed on the air which was live TV.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right, I remember that now......

jawgie
03-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I went to that show as a child, maybe 1957-8. I took a a toy and got a Lassie puzzle as trade.

grantgeneral78
03-12-2009, 09:42 AM
hmmm... A clown trader....inovative I guess.

larry shafer
03-12-2009, 02:14 PM
How about the old Saturday matinees:...Roy rogers/Dale Evans....My friend Flicka....Fury.....Do you know who the Uncle was on Fury? or, the stage name of the little boy???....Hmmm just how far back can we go???? Doug Loudenback would be a good one on this...

How about Hopalong Cassidy, Whip Wilson, Lash Larue, Randolph Scott,
or on TV Cheyenne, Palladin., Sugarfoot, :yourock:

larry shafer
03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
How about the old Saturday matinees:...Roy rogers/Dale Evans....My friend Flicka....Fury.....Do you know who the Uncle was on Fury? or, the stage name of the little boy???....Hmmm just how far back can we go???? Doug Loudenback would be a good one on this...

also sky king ( the guy with the airplane ) and his daughter penny
:busterbun

Prunepicker
03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
also sky king ( the guy with the airplane ) and his daughter penny

What was the plane he flew? What was it's nickname?

grantgeneral78
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM

The Memphis Belle.................am I even close ...:bright_id

Generals64
03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
The Memphis Belle.................am I even close ...:bright_id

__________________________________________________ __________________
No, Google it and find out......the Memphis Belle....WWII Bomber.......

Generals64
03-13-2009, 08:02 AM
How about :...

Lassie.....Timmie and the Gang

Rin Tin Tin had to be the smartest dog in the world...He lived at Fort Apache but, I can't remember the name of the kid or the Captain that was in charge...Anybody????

My Friend Flicka:......????
Thee Little Rascals?....come on now, they were on TV for some time and then the Bowery Boys came along......You old-timers remember that...Alfalfa and Darla.

the Sid Caesar Show....Who was Sids sidekick/wife? anbody know..??

CarltonsKeeper
03-13-2009, 08:19 AM
It was the Songbird and Penny was his neice! What as his nephew's name?

TaoMaas
03-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Thee Little Rascals?....come on now, they were on TV for some time and then the Bowery Boys came along......You old-timers remember that...Alfalfa and Darla.

My favorite Little Rascals is the one where the kids mistakenly think that the Wild Man from Borneo is Spanky's uncle and take him home. "Yum yum....eeeeeat 'um up!" :lol2:

Generals64
03-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I kinda liked the one where Alfalfa was going to ask Darla to marry him and Spanky was also in love with her.....Or, how about the Barber from Seville????

grantgeneral78
03-13-2009, 02:52 PM
__________________________________________________ __________________
No, Google it and find out......the Memphis Belle....WWII Bomber.......

I know I was just being silly.

:kicking::kicking::kicking:

Generals64
03-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I know I was just being silly.

:kicking::kicking::kicking:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, O.K. kinda like my Big REDNECK Wedding?????....You didn't go to the auction?????did you???how about that place south of here???

SE-76
03-13-2009, 06:50 PM
It was the Songbird and Penny was his neice! What as his nephew's name?

Clipper

Prunepicker
03-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I kinda liked the one where Alfalfa was going to ask Darla to marry him and
Spanky was also in love with her... Or, how about the Barber from Seville?

I'm the BARBER OF SEVILLE!

Prunepicker
03-13-2009, 09:21 PM
My favorite Little Rascals is the one where the kids mistakenly think that the
Wild Man from Borneo is Spanky's uncle and take him home. "Yum
yum... eeeeeat 'um up!" :lol2:

That's one of the first "Little Rascals" I ever saw!

I was related to Spanky.

Shut up, Gen64!

Prunepicker
03-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh, O.K. kinda like my Big REDNECK Wedding? You didn't go to the auction did
you? how about that place south of here?
Sad but true. You know you're at a Redneck wedding when the brides maids
are all wearing tube tops.

I'm so grateful that our Soonergirl26 doesn't fit in with that crowd!

Generals64
03-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Sad but true. You know you're at a Redneck wedding when the brides maids
are all wearing tube tops.

I'm so grateful that our Soonergirl26 doesn't fit in with that crowd!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah but, you know your at a Redneck Wedding when the Bride bums a a dip of SKOAL from the preacher before the ceremony is over....

Prunepicker
03-14-2009, 04:59 PM
yeah but, you know your at a Redneck Wedding when the Bride bums a a dip
of SKOAL from the preacher before the ceremony is over...
GROSS!

I took a plug of Union Standard when I was in high school. I acted like it was
good. BARF!

Generals64
03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
GROSS!

I took a plug of Union Standard when I was in high school. I acted like it was
good. BARF!
I remember watching the old Cowboy shows and the bad guys always had a Chaw of Tobacco or chewed on an old cigar...I guess it was a status symbol for the bads guys (along with the black hat)...But, I wanted to be the outlaw one time, my Grandfather always had cigars around, I "snitched" one (notice I said ONE) I was sick for a week.....That was my last chance at Cigars.....Shew, those are nasty...That's why the bad guys always chew on the cigars....They thought it Made them look mean...to me, they looked stupid from that point on....Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, even Tom Mix didn't chew on a cigar....

Generals64
03-15-2009, 03:16 PM
See if you can figure this one out? it is an old TV show about a young guy who would deliberately cross the fence line of the neighboring place and create complete havoc with the owner of the place...And then would blame the other characters.....Who was it????

How about Doogie Howser???? don't remember the name of the show..
Have Gun Travel:....Paladin?? Richard Boone...

Who ended up being the person who actually shot J.R.???? never really watched that show....It was on about the time we would be through feeding the cattle....

Did you know Mr. Rogers was Special Forces person during WWII?

Who remembers Hawg Waller????What show was he on and what did he do?

COME ON NOW CARLTONSKEEPER....HELP ME OUT ON THIS.....YOU USED TO STAY HOME AND PLAY SICK JUST TO WATCH SOME OF THE SHOWS.....I KNOW..

WHAT SERIES (NOT THE MICKEY MOUSE SHOW) BUT ON ONE OF THE SERIES THERE DID ANNETTE FUNICELLO PLAY?

Can you tell me where American Bandstand actually started???? What time was it on in OKC and what channel????

CarltonsKeeper
03-15-2009, 03:49 PM
How about The George Goble Show
Tales of the Texas Rangers
Winky Dink (Gen/64 had a magic screen)
Remember Mr. & Mrs. North
Lucky Strike Hit Parade (every Saturday night)
Original "Hondo" only like 9 or 12 episodes were made

Generals64
03-15-2009, 06:44 PM
How about The George Goble Show
Tales of the Texas Rangers
Winky Dink (Gen/64 had a magic screen)
Remember Mr. & Mrs. North
Lucky Strike Hit Parade (every Saturday night)
Original "Hondo" only like 9 or 12 episodes were made

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man, I forgot about Winkie Dink:.....I'm going to go and try to find the Screen that I borrow from you in 3arly 1958...Wow. so much fun....Mr. and Mrs. North wasn't that the Thin Man series.....The Texas Rangers show was good....Not about Baseball for the younger crowd. How about the Boraxo Theater (think it had another name) 20 mule team???? Old Timers disease just sat in...Remember the Hit Parade very well...Gisele McKenzie....How much was that doggie in the Window????

stick47
03-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I Forget the gentleman who hosted the 4PM movie back in the 70s. I think I saw every Boston Blackie flick they made.
Besides the Hec Ramsey series, another TV western with Oklahoma ties was Cimmarron. Don't remember the stars name though.
One of my favorite comedy series was the George Burns & Gracie Allen Show.
Great thread!

SE-76
03-15-2009, 07:57 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- How about the Boraxo Theater (think it had another name) 20 mule team????

Death Valley Days, At one time was hosted by Ronald Regean (prior to being govener of CA)

Generals64
03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Death Valley Days, At one time was hosted by Ronald Regean (prior to being govener of CA)

You are 100% right right. Dale Robertson was the host for sometime...One time we were watching the movie and at the end they always pushed a 20-mule team wagon going into the sunset....My Grandfather was upfrom Ardmore and watching the show with us. I made the simple satement "20-Mules pulling that wagon." My gosh he exclaimed (he didn't have a TV only radio) how did you count those so fast. My answer? " Pepa I simply counted all their legs and divided by four and came up with the answer.....Shouldn't have done that...He told everyone he knew how quick I was with math......Lots of explaining to do in later years....But he thought his grandson was a genius. Boy, was he fooled...Going to bed and count sheep.....give the answer tomorrow...

SE-76
03-15-2009, 08:43 PM
You are 100% right right. Dale Robertson was the host for sometime...One time we were watching the movie and at the end they always pushed a 20-mule team wagon going into the sunset....My Grandfather was upfrom Ardmore and watching the show with us. I made the simple satement "20-Mules pulling that wagon." My gosh he exclaimed (he didn't have a TV only radio) how did you count those so fast. My answer? " Pepa I simply counted all their legs and divided by four and came up with the answer.....Shouldn't have done that...He told everyone he knew how quick I was with math......Lots of explaining to do in later years....But he thought his grandson was a genius. Boy, was he fooled...Going to bed and count sheep.....give the answer tomorrow...

Great story! All the schools i attended had Boraxo dispensors in the bathrooms, Stuff was one notch above river sand for getting your hands clean.

Prunepicker
03-15-2009, 08:44 PM
See if you can figure this one out? it is an old TV show about a young guy
who would deliberately cross the fence line of the neighboring place and
create complete havoc with the owner of the place... And then would
blame the other characters... Who was it?

How about Doogie Howser? don't remember the name of the show...
Have Gun Travel... Paladin? Richard Boone...

Who ended up being the person who actually shot J.R.? never really
watched that show... It was on about the time we would be through
feeding the cattle...

Who remembers Hawg Waller? What show was he on and what did he do?

COME ON NOW CARLTONSKEEPER... HELP ME OUT ON THIS... YOU USED TO
STAY HOME AND PLAY SICK JUST TO WATCH SOME OF THE SHOWS... I
KNOW...

WHAT SERIES (NOT THE MICKEY MOUSE SHOW) BUT ON ONE OF THE
SERIES THERE DID ANNETTE FUNICELLO PLAY?

Can you tell me where American Bandstand actually started? What time
was it on in OKC and what channel?

Man, I'm stumped on these.

Annette played on the Wonderful World of Disney and was a a special guest
star on some TV shows.

I was a big fan of Paladin.

Generals64
03-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Man, I'm stumped on these.

Annette played on the Wonderful World of Disney and was a a special guest
star on some TV shows.

I was a big fan of Paladin.

Bandstand started in Philadelphia...came on at exactly 3:30 here in OKC...Didn't get to watch all of it but, got to watch Pat Molitari...Wow...Young boys do dream...

Hawg Waller was one of Foreman Scotty's side kicks....he wasn't on the show very often.

Mr. Rogers was a Special Forces person in WWII.

Annette was on the Disney "Wonderful World of Disney" before starring in the Beach movies...

I never did know who actually shot J.R. (didn't really care)...but, would like to know...

Doogie Howser was the young teen age Doctor..Don't remember the name of the show...

How About Topper:.......Anyone???
Rat Patrol was always a show I liked...Pretty Cheesy though

CarltonsKeeper
03-16-2009, 07:37 AM
See if you can figure this one out? it is an old TV show about a young guy who would deliberately cross the fence line of the neighboring place and create complete havoc with the owner of the place...And then would blame the other characters.....Who was it????

How about Doogie Howser???? don't remember the name of the show..
Have Gun Travel:....Paladin?? Richard Boone...

Who ended up being the person who actually shot J.R.???? never really watched that show....It was on about the time we would be through feeding the cattle....

Who remembers Hawg Waller????What show was he on and what did he do?

COME ON NOW CARLTONSKEEPER....HELP ME OUT ON THIS.....YOU USED TO STAY HOME AND PLAY SICK JUST TO WATCH SOME OF THE SHOWS.....I KNOW..

WHAT SERIES (NOT THE MICKEY MOUSE SHOW) BUT ON ONE OF THE SERIES THERE DID ANNETTE FUNICELLO PLAY?

Can you tell me where American Bandstand actually started???? What time was it on in OKC and what channel????
Correction: Rogers was an ordained Presbyterian minister... Comedian Eddie Murphy did a popular parody of Rogers for the TV show Saturday Night Live... There is no truth to the rumor that Mr. Rogers was once an Army sniper, a Marine or a Navy SEAL. (Similar untrue stories are told about John Denver and TV's Captain Kangaroo.) He did not serve in the military in any capacity!!

Generals64
03-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Correction: Rogers was an ordained Presbyterian minister... Comedian Eddie Murphy did a popular parody of Rogers for the TV show Saturday Night Live... There is no truth to the rumor that Mr. Rogers was once an Army sniper, a Marine or a Navy SEAL. (Similar untrue stories are told about John Denver and TV's Captain Kangaroo.) He did not serve in the military in any capacity!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, thanks...just going by what I had been told....Never heard that about John Denver or Captain Kangaroo...Couldn't see John Denver in the Armed Forces.....

CarltonsKeeper
03-16-2009, 12:19 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, thanks...just going by what I had been told....Never heard that about John Denver or Captain Kangaroo...Couldn't see John Denver in the Armed Forces.....
The other one that applys is that the Don Knotts was NOT really a D.I. in the Marines. I wouldn't have known any of this if I hadn't read an article here while back about Hollywood rumors!!! I did read where you are starring in an upcoming action packed Western Movie!! I sure hope that's not just one of those rumors too!! LOL

grantgeneral78
03-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Bandstand started in Philadelphia...came on at exactly 3:30 here in OKC...Didn't get to watch all of it but, got to watch Pat Molitari...Wow...Young boys do dream...

Hawg Waller was one of Foreman Scotty's side kicks....he wasn't on the show very often.

Annette was on the Disney "Wonderful World of Disney" before starring in the Beach movies...

I never did know who actually shot J.R. (didn't really care)...but, would like to know...

Doogie Howser was the young teen age Doctor..Don't remember the name of the show...

How About Topper:.......Anyone???
Rat Patrol was always a show I liked...Pretty Cheesy though

DUHH.....the name of it was DOOGIE HOWSER MD.

:backtotop

Prunepicker
03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Bandstand started in Philadelphia... came on at exactly 3:30 here in OKC...
Didn't get to watch all of it but, got to watch Pat Molitari... Wow... Young
boys do dream...

Hawg Waller was one of Foreman Scotty's side kicks... he wasn't on the
show very often.

Doogie Howser was the young teen age Doctor... Don't remember the name of the show...

How About Topper... Anyone? Rat Patrol was always a show I liked...
Pretty Cheesy though

This is toooooooo baffling for my brain. HELP SOONERGIRL26!

Okay, I watched Foreman Scotty, and my dad fitted him for glasses, for
many years. Who in the world was Hawg Wilder?

Doogie Howser? Are you drunk? I mean really drunk?

BB37
03-16-2009, 08:28 PM
That's right! And it was a disaster.

Back in the "Day" actors thought nothing of live TV. It was a normal thing.
Yeah, there were goofs, just like a play, but they'd make the best of it with
improvisation or simply ignoring the back drop that was on fire. I doubt that
most of today's TV actors have what it takes.

Today's live theater is a different story.

Dark Shadows aired on ABC in the mid-to-late 60's, and although it was taped, the daily episodes were taped pretty much nonstop, and they rarely stopped to reshoot; if an actor blew a line, a prop malfunctioned, or a camera or crewman blundered into a scene, they just went on. Some funny stuff happened.

BB37
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM

The aircraft was a Cessna 310.

Generals64
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
This is toooooooo baffling for my brain. HELP SOONERGIRL26!

Okay, I watched Foreman Scotty, and my dad fitted him for glasses, for
many years. Who in the world was Hawg Wilder?

Doogie Howser? Are you drunk? I mean really drunk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gosh, you are just a kid....Hawg WALLER....Was Scotty's "Hillbilly" neighbor that sometimes stayed in the Bunk house.....He wasn't on very often wish Danny Williams could tell us who he was.....

village idiot
03-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Chuck Dunaway played Hog Waller. P.S., Im not Danny Williams

Chuck Dunaway - www.chuckdunaway.com (http://www.firststrategy.com/chuckdunaway17.htm)

Prunepicker
03-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Gosh, you are just a kid... Hawg WALLER... Was Scotty's "Hillbilly" neighbor
that sometimes stayed in the Bunk house... He wasn't on very often wish
Danny Williams could tell us who he was...

I watched Foreman Scotty virtually everyday and I don't remember him.

Prunepicker
03-17-2009, 06:53 PM
While I was out picking some prunes I came up with this TV trivia question.
It may be easy, we'll see.

On Foreman Scotty there was a character who became a regular. That was
Cannonball. Who remembers how they first met on the series?

grantgeneral78
03-17-2009, 08:40 PM
While I was out picking some prunes I came up with this TV trivia question.
It may be easy, we'll see.

Cannonball. Who remembers how they first met on the series?

He was a kid on the birthday horse.

Prunepicker
03-17-2009, 09:11 PM
He was a kid on the birthday horse.
NO!

You were kidding, weren't you?

FRISKY
03-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Cannonball. Who remembers how they first met on the series?Did they meet in the magic cave?

Prunepicker
03-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Did they meet in the magic cave?
No. Not there, either.

grantgeneral78
03-18-2009, 06:30 AM
NO!

You were kidding, weren't you?

Yes, I was not a watcher of foreman scotty I remember a few shows but not much

Generals64
03-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Yes, I was not a watcher of foreman scotty I remember a few shows but not much
------------------------------------------------------------------------
O.K., I've cheated and done everything I could to find out the answer...How did they meet???

Prunepicker
03-19-2009, 05:49 PM
O.K., I've cheated and done everything I could to find out the answer... How
did they meet?

Hardy Har Har! Do you know how thrilling it is to stump everybody, including
the old timers, on this one!

Okay, this is the story! Foreman Scotty and Xavier T. Willard were in the
Cirlce 4 Submarine! Do you remember that?

At one point they stopped the sub and got out. Foreman Scotty looked and
there was the end of a LONG gun in his face! The episode ended.

The next episode showed Scotty and Willard face to face with Cannonball!

That was so exciting.

How'd anybody not remember that?

Generals64
03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
That's it?

The way cannonball told me was like this. He was a huntin' fer some humongous turtles along the riverside when this there piece of steel came a floating down the river....Never seen steel float though.....and all of a sudden these fiece looking creatures stuck their heads out and started a "screamin" so, I took ole Sadie (you know, my shotgun) and stuck in them sissies faces and told them to quit and I'd let 'em live....Now that's what happened ....I think????

SE-76
03-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Never could understand how saturday morning could start so good, Jungle Theater ( Tarzan \ Jungle Jim) Foreman Scotty \ Bob Jenni. Then cartoons
till noon. But then wind up with Porter Wagner and the Wilburn Bro's.

Anyone remeber who Teddy and Doyle's sponsors were? A powerful
combo, coverd top to bottom...

CarltonsKeeper
03-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Never could understand how saturday morning could start so good, Jungle Theater ( Tarzan \ Jungle Jim) Foreman Scotty \ Bob Jenni. Then cartoons
till noon. But then wind up with Porter Wagner and the Wilburn Bro's.

Anyone remeber who Teddy and Doyle's sponsors were? A powerful
combo, coverd top to bottom...
Garrett Snuff and Bull of the Woods chewing tobacco! It's been a BLUE BLUE DAY!!

The Wilburn Brothers no less.....