View Full Version : Old Television shows/Trivia

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

Generals64
05-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Ok, can't post Wagon Train without putting up the Big Country, again I dont own the copyright but I paid for the recording and am posting it here for educational purposes onlyhttp://www.snapdrive.net/files/531840/The%20Big%20Country%20-%20J.%20Moross.mp3

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++
Did you "Northsiders" NOT date????? Oh Yeah, mommy wouldn't let you borrow the Station Wagon on Week nights....right???? "Just kidding" ....I know you guys had Volvo's back then....

JMGrad68
05-17-2010, 08:13 PM
I am younger than you, sir, lol, but my first car for dating was a '63 Cutlass, still a small car, with a big V8, AND A 4-track. The bucket seats looked great but had their drawbacks. Sorry if I was watching cowboy shows while you were trying to get your Rambler American to run, lol....or was it a Nash, beep, beep

And just for that, here's one for the lady who likes Clint Walker, the Theme from Cheyenne is in here... http://www.snapdrive.net/files/531840/Cincinnati%20Pops%20Orchestra%20Medley%20of%20TV%2 0Western%20Themes%20320kbps.mp3

JMGrad68
05-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Just kidding, General, and besides, I think we'd all love to have one of those little Nash Metropolitans for fun today.

Generals64
05-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Just kidding, General, and besides, I think we'd all love to have one of those little Nash Metropolitans for fun today.

================================================== =========
I know where there is one in a garage right now....hasn't been driven in probably 40 years...Turquoise and white.....sheesh....(Justin, Texas) that's the town.....

Prunepicker
05-17-2010, 09:44 PM
... I don't know why I remember all those old Western theme songs, but my
favorites were Wyatt Earp "The Life & Legend of Wyatt Earp" to be more
correct...
Wyatt Earp and the Ken Darby Singers. The music was all vocal!

Oooooooom! And the psuedo Manheim Rocket during a scene change. It
was too much fun!

My fave as a kid was Colt 45! Especially the Beechnut gum being drawn from
the holster.

Prunepicker
05-17-2010, 09:45 PM
I am younger than you, sir...
EVERY body is younger than Gen64. My great grandfather was younger than
Gen64.

Prunepicker
05-17-2010, 09:49 PM
I know where there is one in a garage right now... hasn't been driven in
probably 40 years... Turquoise and white... sheesh... (Justin, Texas) that's
the town...
That's probably my favorite color for the Metropolitan. We had a red/white
in the 60's. When the Picker family got to church everyone one would stare.
Not at the car, but at 6 of us getting out of it. Quite a site.

Prunepicker
05-17-2010, 09:51 PM
We're descendants of the Nosse Pickers of South Pickervania in the olde
country.

You can see our coat of arms, but I wouldn't touch it.

evh5150
05-18-2010, 03:28 AM
Man I mis trust house jewelers comercials and Alan Merril chevrolet commercials then the good ole indian head test pattern.....(DREAMING)

protecting all the things you own like cars and trucks and mobile homes, accidents and tickets too, call and well take care of you, 524-1541

JMGrad68
05-18-2010, 08:12 AM
protecting all the things you own like cars and trucks and mobile homes, accidents and tickets too, call and well take care of you, 524-1541

Jim and Gloria from Trust House lived across the street from us when we lived at 6120 Covington Ln (they had a much nicer house, lol). They both passed away 2-3 years ago, she of cancer, and he died less than a year later after selling the house, think he didn't want to live without her. She drove an Excalibur, he had a brown 2-tone Bentley or Rolls. They kept to themselves a lot but my then wife and Gloria hit it off pretty well. You could set your clocks by them coming home and Jim had a great voice, was always singing when he got out of the car. They really were what you saw on TV, At Halloween Gloria gave out good candy but she stopped at 8:45. We weren't too far from all the apts on Lyrewood Lane so we got a lot of kids "bussed in" and heaven help any teenagers who showed up with a pillow case, esp late arrivals, she would chew them a new one. I miss 'em.

Can still hear Alan Merrill saying "I want to thell YOU a new car".

I also remember a guy who owned the Chevy dealership in Purcell on radio ads would say "Don't go anywhere. Come to Purcell to buy your new Chevy" lol

Generals64
05-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Jim and Gloria from Trust House lived across the street from us when we lived at 6120 Covington Ln (they had a much nicer house, lol). They both passed away 2-3 years ago, she of cancer, and he died less than a year later after selling the house, think he didn't want to live without her. She drove an Excalibur, he had a brown 2-tone Bentley or Rolls. They kept to themselves a lot but my then wife and Gloria hit it off pretty well. You could set your clocks by them coming home and Jim had a great voice, was always singing when he got out of the car. They really were what you saw on TV, At Halloween Gloria gave out good candy but she stopped at 8:45. We weren't too far from all the apts on Lyrewood Lane so we got a lot of kids "bussed in" and heaven help any teenagers who showed up with a pillow case, esp late arrivals, she would chew them a new one. I miss 'em.

Can still hear Alan Merrill saying "I want to thell YOU a new car".

I also remember a guy who owned the Chevy dealership in Purcell on radio ads would say "Don't go anywhere. Come to Purcell to buy your new Chevy" lol

================================================== ========
the Purcell "dealer" was Cliff MURDOCK Jr.......of Murdock (Murdock/Salyer) Chevrolet of Norman, Oklahoma.....and Yes, Cliff traded a new Chevy Pickup for a load of Hay......

CarltonsKeeper
05-18-2010, 03:24 PM
the Purcell "dealer" was Cliff MURDOCK Jr.......of Murdock (Murdock/Salyer) Chevrolet of Norman, Oklahoma.....and Yes, Cliff traded a new Chevy Pickup for a load of Hay......
Cliff Murdock Sr. and Al Salyer, what a pair to draw from...LOL

Generals64
05-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Cliff Murdock Sr. and Al Salyer, what a pair to draw from...LOL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, two Jokers....the boys were just as tough to deal with as the old man....

osu cowboy
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
I know where there is one in a garage right now....hasn't been driven in probably 40 years...Turquoise and white.....sheesh....(Justin, Texas) that's the town.....

That's a hoot. My dad had a turquoise and white one with a rag top.
Someone stole the top, police found it and returned it about a year later
but dad had sold the car. I hated that car.

Generals64
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
That's a hoot. My dad had a turquoise and white one with a rag top.
Someone stole the top, police found it and returned it about a year later
but dad had sold the car. I hated that car.
A friend of mine bought the car as a wedding gift to his wife....They were (and still are) in their later years of life when he asked her to marry him....She said "Yes" but he had to buy her the car before the wedding...it's sitting in their barn and she gets the car out on July 4th and that's it.....

sam greenroyd
05-19-2010, 02:06 PM

I thought it was bob miller chevrolet

CarltonsKeeper
05-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I thought it was bob miller chevrolet
It was back in the sixties, for how long I don't know!!

Generals64
05-20-2010, 05:40 PM
all right, I'm watching a movie with Jimmy Stewart....What was the name of the ONLY horse that he would ride in a western movie and who owned the horse???? come on now Carlton...I'm sure you know this one...

CarltonsKeeper
05-20-2010, 07:21 PM
all right, I'm watching a movie with Jimmy Stewart....What was the name of the ONLY horse that he would ride in a western movie and who owned the horse???? come on now Carlton...I'm sure you know this one...
I don't like horses!! They eat too much and they will bite cha'!!!!

papaOU
05-20-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't like horses!! They eat too much and they will bite cha'!!!!

YOU are supposed to bite the neck of the horse to start blood flow and then eat 'em

papaOU
05-20-2010, 08:35 PM

If anyone knows it would be you you old horses %@#!

ljbab728
05-20-2010, 11:03 PM

The horse's name was "Pie" and it was owned by a woman named Stevie Myers.

Generals64
05-21-2010, 08:55 AM
The horse's name was "Pie" and it was owned by a woman named Stevie Myers.

You are close..the horse (sorrell) was named PIE but, it belonged to Henry Fonda who was Stewarts roommate when they both started to try and get in the movies....Stewart was asked the question on the tonight show and he explained that he didn't really enjoy riding horses so he wanted one and one only that he could use....

ljbab728
05-21-2010, 10:53 PM
You are close..the horse (sorrell) was named PIE but, it belonged to Henry Fonda who was Stewarts roommate when they both started to try and get in the movies....Stewart was asked the question on the tonight show and he explained that he didn't really enjoy riding horses so he wanted one and one only that he could use....

This is a quote from Jimmy Stewart:

Jimmy Stewart (about Pie): “The horse was amazing. I rode him for 22 years. I never was able to buy him because he was owned by a little girl by the name of Stevie Myers, who is the daughter of an old wrangler who used to wrangle horses for Tom Mix and W.S. Hart. He retired and he gave this horse to her. He was a sort of a maverick. He hurt a couple of people. I saw him when I started making Westerns. Audie Murphy rode him a couple of times. He nearly killed Glen Ford, ran right into a tree… But I liked this darned little horse. He was a little bit small, a little quarter horse and Arabian. I got to know him like a friend. I actually believed that he understood about making pictures. I ran at a full gallop, straight towards the camera, pulled him up and then did a lot of dialogue and he stood absolutely still. He never moved. He knew when the camera would start rolling and when they did the slates. He knew that because his ears came up.”

papaOU
05-22-2010, 12:28 AM
This is a quote from Jimmy Stewart:

Jimmy Stewart (about Pie): “The horse was amazing. I rode him for 22 years. I never was able to buy him because he was owned by a little girl by the name of Stevie Myers, who is the daughter of an old wrangler who used to wrangle horses for Tom Mix and W.S. Hart. He retired and he gave this horse to her. He was a sort of a maverick. He hurt a couple of people. I saw him when I started making Westerns. Audie Murphy rode him a couple of times. He nearly killed Glen Ford, ran right into a tree… But I liked this darned little horse. He was a little bit small, a little quarter horse and Arabian. I got to know him like a friend. I actually believed that he understood about making pictures. I ran at a full gallop, straight towards the camera, pulled him up and then did a lot of dialogue and he stood absolutely still. He never moved. He knew when the camera would start rolling and when they did the slates. He knew that because his ears came up.”

General 64 said it belonged to Henry Fonda by which makes it gospel! (LOL):yourock:

ljbab728
05-22-2010, 12:37 AM
General 64 said it belonged to Henry Fonda by which makes it gospel! (LOL):yourock:

Excuse me then. I just made up the quote. lol

CarltonsKeeper
05-22-2010, 06:32 AM
I see a "I stand corrected" coming up and maybe an apology!!! LMAO ! ! !

papaOU
05-22-2010, 08:03 AM

I was taking a jab at 64 not you.....:boxing2:

Generals64
05-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Hey, I'm sorry....I had seen the show (a long time ago) and he told the story about the horse....and then he said that his Old Room Mate (Henry Fonda) "Hank" bought the horse and he used him in all of his movies.....Wasn't being offensive...just thought it was a novel thing.....

CarltonsKeeper
05-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey, I'm sorry....I had seen the show (a long time ago) and he told the story about the horse....and then he said that his Old Room Mate (Henry Fonda) "Hank" bought the horse and he used him in all of his movies.....Wasn't being offensive...just thought it was a novel thing.....
Were goin let you off the hook this time!!!! LOL

Do you think by chance they named the Horse "Pie" because what PaPa said about eating horses was the thing to do??? I've always kinda' liked pie....

skyrick
05-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Were goin let you off the hook this time!!!! LOL

Do you think by chance they named the Horse "Pie" because what PaPa said about eating horses was the thing to do??? I've always kinda' liked pie....

A hillbilly was the first in his family to graduate college. There was a big party when he came home, the whole town was there. "Son," his beaming father said in front of the gathered crowd, "Say something smart for the folks here,"

The boy said "Pi R square."

Dad hit him with his hat, "You dumbass, everyone knows that cake are square, pie are round!"

CarltonsKeeper
05-22-2010, 04:55 PM
A hillbilly was the first in his family to graduate college. There was a big party when he came home, the whole town was there. "Son," his beaming father said in front of the gathered crowd, "Say something smart for the folks here,"

The boy said "Pi R square."

Dad hit him with his hat, "You dumbass, everyone knows that cake are square, pie are round!"
Makes sense to me!! LOL

Generals64
05-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Makes sense to me!! LOL

=-================================================== ======
Explain that one to me....

CarltonsKeeper
05-22-2010, 08:35 PM
=-================================================== ======
Explain that one to me....
Did you sleep through ALL your Math classes??? LOL

Prunepicker
05-22-2010, 09:53 PM
all right, I'm watching a movie with Jimmy Stewart... What was the name of
the ONLY horse that he would ride in a western movie and who owned the
horse? come on now Carlton... I'm sure you know this one...
THAT is an excellent trivia question! I've heard the name, probably from you,
but I don't know.

Prunepicker
05-22-2010, 09:57 PM
... Henry Fonda who was Stewarts roommate when they both started to try
and get in the movies...
Stewart and Fonda were street musicians, too. Stewart played the
accordion and Fonda played bass.

ljbab728
05-22-2010, 11:06 PM

No problem, General. It's not unusual for several versions of things that happened many years ago to be believed as correct. I didn't see the show you're referring to and, who knows, he may have really said it belonged to Henry Fonda. It wouldn't be the first time that a celebrity made a statement that contradicted something they had said before just to make a good story.

gen70
05-22-2010, 11:45 PM
No problem, General. It's not unusual for several versions of things that happened many years ago to be believed as correct. I didn't see the show you're referring to and, who knows, he may have really said it belonged to Henry Fonda. It wouldn't be the first time that a celebrity made a statement that contradicted something they had said before just to make a good story.Well said..

papaOU
05-23-2010, 01:00 AM
would you guys quit attempting to placate and sooth 64's feathers. We got him down! Kick him in the teeth.....

Prunepicker
07-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Does anyone remember "Honey West" with Anne Francis?
Who played Bruce in the series?

Did you know she's 79 years old?

ljbab728
07-08-2010, 11:58 PM

She was really big in the "B" movies. I first remember her from the movie "Forbidden Planet". I was a huge scifi fan when I was a child. I never really watched the TV show much but Bruce was a pet ocelot. I don't have any idea who played the cat. LOL

papaOU
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
I felt this is the most appropriate thread to notify people of the HoHo the Clown Tribute and Dinner. According to the Capitol Hill Beacon, July 1, 2010 addition, the function will be held Aug. 6, at the Shriner Center on N.W. 36th. Guess that is the one across the street from Will Rogers Park. The dinner and a silent auction are taking place to raise money for charity, groups HoHo supported through financial gifts, appearances, and promotions. Unfortunately there is no name or phone number given so this might be a Shriners only event. Still good to know though.

skyrick
07-09-2010, 04:30 PM

I got a chance to talk to Ms Francis about 10 yrs ago at a film festival in Fort Worth. They were screening "Bad Day at Black Rock". Very nice and approachable lady.

papaOU
07-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I got a chance to talk to Ms Francis about 10 yrs ago at a film festival in Fort Worth. They were screening "Bad Day at Black Rock". Very nice and approachable lady.

Are you and '64 the same person just different avatars?

Prunepicker
07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
They're the same people. I know because I deliver pizza.

Anne Francis is 80. I can't believe I've called an 80 year old
a babe. Did the same thing with Maureen O'Sullivan and
Doris Day and Lana Turner and Judy Garland and Dorothy
Malone and Betty Grable and Lauren Bacall and Ginger Rogers
and Merle Oberon and Lena Horne and Margaret Thatcher
and Deanna Durbin and ...

Margaret Thatcher?

papaOU
07-12-2010, 04:29 PM
They're the same people. I know because I deliver pizza.

Anne Francis is 80. I can't believe I've called an 80 year old
a babe. Did the same thing with Maureen O'Sullivan and
Doris Day and Lana Turner and Judy Garland and Dorothy
Malone and Betty Grable and Lauren Bacall and Ginger Rogers
and Merle Oberon and Lena Horne and Margaret Thatcher
and Deanna Durbin and ...

Margaret Thatcher?

Add:

Marlene Dietrich and Barbara Stanwyck and Gretta Garbo and Mae West.....

skyrick
07-12-2010, 06:11 PM

Naaahh. I assume the '64 refers to the year he graduated from HS. I'm one of the rare Northsiders here. Graduated from Northeast HS in '71.

skyrick
07-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Add:

Marlene Dietrich and Barbara Stanwyck and Gretta Garbo and Mae West.....

Add:

Myrna Loy and Norma Shearer.

ljbab728
07-12-2010, 11:01 PM
And don't forget Jean Harlow and Mary Pickford. We could keep going back further and further. LOL

Prunepicker
07-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Add:

Myrna Loy and Norma Shearer.
Oh yeah! Norma Shearer was georgeous! Then there's Mary Astor,
Lucille Ball, Eleanor Powell, Ann Miller. There were so many beauties
born before 1920.

Prunepicker
07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
And don't forget Jean Harlow and Mary Pickford. We could keep going back further and further. LOL
They were lovely.

ljbab728
07-12-2010, 11:32 PM
They were lovely.

You see, Prunepicker. There are some things we can actually agree about.

Generals64
08-13-2010, 07:49 PM
I was watching the movie "M.A.S.H."....there was one kind of beer they all drank......what brand was it?
Also, how did "Hot Lips" get that nickname?........................

papaOU
08-13-2010, 09:41 PM
I was watching the movie "M.A.S.H."....there was one kind of beer they all drank......what brand was it?

I only watch educational programs such as "Women Behind Bars"

ljbab728
08-13-2010, 10:10 PM

Pabst, and Margaret got that name when an encounter with Frank got broadcast over the public address speakers. She said "Oh Frank, my lips are hot. Kiss my hot lips."

papaOU
08-13-2010, 10:19 PM

But that is a movie! Not a television series.

Prunepicker
08-14-2010, 12:15 AM
I was watching the movie "M.A.S.H."... there was one kind of beer
they all drank... what brand was it?
Also, how did "Hot Lips" get that nickname?
Was it Olympia? I don't know. Schlitz? I don't know.

Didn't Hoolihan get her nickname from Frank Burns? He said
something about hot lips while they were being miked in their
tent. Sally Kellerman was Hoolihan in the movie.

skyrick
10-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Scariest Twilight Zone episode when I was a kid: Cliff Robertson as the ventriloquist with the evil dummy. Scared me for years.

Prunepicker
10-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Scariest Twilight Zone episode when I was a kid: Cliff Robertson
as the ventriloquist with the evil dummy. Scared me for years.
No kidding! In the late 70's a movie was based on that show, at least
it seemed like it. "Magic". Burgess Meridith was in it. Downright
scary. I quit scary movies after that one.

skyrick
10-26-2010, 05:42 AM
No kidding! In the late 70's a movie was based on that show, at least
it seemed like it. "Magic". Burgess Meridith was in it. Downright
scary. I quit scary movies after that one.

I remember that, never saw it though. Probably because of repressed memories of the TZ episode.