View Full Version : What old business do you remember in OKC?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Prunepicker
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
How about Swyden's that was at @ S.W. 42nd & S. May?
Or McHenry's on S.W. 59th?
Geno's on Western, I think?
Little Red Barn in downtown?
Cherry's Diners?
Anna Maude's cafeteria in downtown.
Johnnie's Topper Burger on N.W. 12th and N. Hudson, originally on
Grand Ave, I think?

ctchandler
02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
I always thought that was the second since Jake hired Jack at his restaurant
on N.E. 23rd.

Prunepicker, I think the key is, your information tells me that the location on 23rd was before the name Sussy was attached to any restaurant. We probably are both right. The Lincoln and 36th (just North of 36th) was called Sussy's, possibly with something else after his name. The 23rd location became "Jack's". It was Italian food, pizza, and steaks. I suspect Jake didn't call it Jack's before he hired Sussman. I am too old and too smart to bet my life on anything but those places opened in my prime dating years and I ate a lot of pizza before I took my date to a "special" place like Jack's. Jack's ranked right up there with Glen's and with my budget those two places were reserved for very special occasions like after the prom or a big dance. I suspect the gentleman I sat across from at Coit's can straighten it all out. I think you are the one that mentioned that it would be nice if he would post on this forum. By the way, do you remember any other locations than what we have talked about? N. E. 23rd, Lincoln, Nomad, Nomad II, and 24th and South Robinson? I think I mentioned Sullivan's on the N. E. corner of Reno and Meridian but they had the pizza recipe and I don't think he was ever a part of them. As a matter of fact, I think he had died before they opened. I also think he died before Nomad II. Where was Nomad located? I have more questions than answers. I suppose that what forums are about.
C. T.

ctchandler
02-07-2011, 04:51 PM
How about Swyden's that was at @ S.W. 42nd & S. May?
Or McHenry's on S.W. 59th?
Geno's on Western, I think?
Little Red Barn in downtown?
Cherry's Diners?
Anna Maude's cafeteria in downtown.
Johnnie's Topper Burger on N.W. 12th and N. Hudson, originally on
Grand Ave, I think?

Prunepicker, WOW, you got me on several of those. We went to Anna Maude's often and I remember Johnnie's Topper Burger but that's it. I should know Swyden's but where was Geno's (North/South Western)?
C. T.

Prunepicker
02-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Prunepicker, WOW, you got me on several of those. We went to
Anna Maude's often and I remember Johnnie's Topper Burger but
that's it. I should know Swyden's but where was Geno's
(North/South Western)?
C. T.
Geno's was on the south side in the vicinity of S.W. 29. West
side of the street. I think it was S. Western but I don't
remember. It was typical of times, i.e. a long lunch counter and
booths.

Prunepicker
02-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Prunepicker, I think the key is, your information tells me that the
location on 23rd was before the name Sussy was attached to
any restaurant. We probably are both right. The Lincoln and 36th
(just North of 36th) was called Sussy's, possibly with something
else after his name. The 23rd location became "Jack's". It was
Italian food, pizza, and steaks. I suspect Jake didn't call it Jack's
before he hired Sussman. I am too old and too smart to bet my
life on anything but those places opened in my prime dating years
and I ate a lot of pizza before I took my date to a "special" place
like Jack's.
I just told the story as Jake told me. Jake owned at least two
Sussy's restaurants, on N.E. 23rd and N.E. 36th. At least he
has the checking account with the logo on the checks. I'm
not certain but I always thought that Sussy's first restaurant
that he owned was across from Sleep Hollow.

I must keep in mind that Jake was a Samara and they could
do things.

bluedogok
02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Prunepicker, I think the key is, your information tells me that the location on 23rd was before the name Sussy was attached to any restaurant. We probably are both right. The Lincoln and 36th (just North of 36th) was called Sussy's, possibly with something else after his name. The 23rd location became "Jack's". It was Italian food, pizza, and steaks. I suspect Jake didn't call it Jack's before he hired Sussman. I am too old and too smart to bet my life on anything but those places opened in my prime dating years and I ate a lot of pizza before I took my date to a "special" place like Jack's. Jack's ranked right up there with Glen's and with my budget those two places were reserved for very special occasions like after the prom or a big dance. I suspect the gentleman I sat across from at Coit's can straighten it all out. I think you are the one that mentioned that it would be nice if he would post on this forum. By the way, do you remember any other locations than what we have talked about? N. E. 23rd, Lincoln, Nomad, Nomad II, and 24th and South Robinson? I think I mentioned Sullivan's on the N. E. corner of Reno and Meridian but they had the pizza recipe and I don't think he was ever a part of them. As a matter of fact, I think he had died before they opened. I also think he died before Nomad II. Where was Nomad located? I have more questions than answers. I suppose that what forums are about.
C. T.
Reading through this thread I decided to Google Sussy's and came up with this from BNet with a Journal Record article dated December 31, 2001 a couple opf weeks after Jake Samara passed away.
BNet.com/Journal Record - Samara made a living on always trying something new (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4182/is_20011231/ai_n10148897/)

bella suzanne
02-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Actually, the spaghetti Warehouse started out of state. I ate at one in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area long before bricktown. The Spaghetti Factory was in the Paseo district around N. W. 34th, East of Shartel.
C. T.

OK.. I was wondering if Jake had Spaghetti Factory before Spaghetti Warehouse but it sounds as if he did not.
Thanks for the info

bluedogok
02-07-2011, 08:16 PM
OK.. I was wondering if Jake had Spaghetti Factory before Spaghetti Warehouse but it sounds as if he did not.
Thanks for the info
According to The Spaghetti Warehouse website (http://www.meatballs.com/about_sw.html) it was opened in 1972 in Downtown Dallas, so I think his Spaghetti Factor may have predated it.

CarltonsKeeper
02-08-2011, 07:41 AM
booths.

Geno's was on South Agnew just North of S.W. 29th at about 27th on the West side as you mentioned. Open 24 hours a day! The building is still there and being used for storage!!

USG'60
02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Geno's was on South Agnew just North of S.W. 29th at about 27th on the West side as you mentioned. Open 24 hours a day! The building is still there and being used for storage!!

When the building was built it was Ecton's diner. Bobby Ecton went to Grant at the time.

ctchandler
02-08-2011, 10:33 AM
According to The Spaghetti Warehouse website (http://www.meatballs.com/about_sw.html) it was opened in 1972 in Downtown Dallas, so I think his Spaghetti Factor may have predated it.

I was thinking that Jake was still behind the counter on Lincoln at that time but I don't know for sure. I ate lunch there weekly from 1968 till 1979 with a couple of short absences. By the way, does anybody remember a hamburger joint called "The Home of theBlue Eyed Indian" on Lincoln? It was a dive with really good burgers even though you would never get a good looking one. They were all made to order and it was just a small mound (as opposed to a patty) of ground beef. It was located on the S. W. corner of 40th and Lincoln.
C. T.

ctchandler
02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
When the building was built it was Ecton's diner. Bobby Ecton went to Grant at the time.

Wasn't the place called "Bud Ecton's"? I think that was Bobby's dad that started it. When I first read your post, I was thinking of the Eschlers but pulled out the old yearbook from 1959 and I woke up when I was looking for Ecton and he wasn't there, but he is in the class of 58 yearbook.
C. T.

osu cowboy
02-08-2011, 10:44 AM
booths.

In the 60's I ate at Geno's on Agnew about SW26 or 27th. The Round-Up was better(imho) on SW 29th just east of Agnew.

edit- just saw Carlton's Keeper's post about Geno's location. He is correct.

ctchandler
02-08-2011, 10:52 AM
In the 60's I ate at Geno's on Agnew about SW26 or 27th. The Round-Up was better(imho) on SW 29th just east of Agnew.

edit- just saw Carlton's Keeper's post about Geno's location. He is correct.

I always enjoyed the Round-Up, my grandmother loved it and took my sister and me there often.
C. T.
C. T.

osu cowboy
02-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I always enjoyed the Round-Up, my grandmother loved it and took my sister and me there often.
C. T.
C. T.

Not sure I ever had anything at the Roundup besides the Chicken Fry, it was so good.

bella suzanne
02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
I was thinking that Jake was still behind the counter on Lincoln at that time but I don't know for sure. I ate lunch there weekly from 1968 till 1979 with a couple of short absences. By the way, does anybody remember a hamburger joint called "The Home of theBlue Eyed Indian" on Lincoln? It was a dive with really good burgers even though you would never get a good looking one. They were all made to order and it was just a small mound (as opposed to a patty) of ground beef. It was located on the S. W. corner of 40th and Lincoln.
C. T.

I went to work with Grandma in 1972 at Lincoln Sussy's and Jake was there alot . How is Nomad II on May Ave. associated with Jake Samara or Jack Sussy ????? I'll go there and see if the pizza is as good as I remember from Sussy's. I do not live in OKC but I go to Norman alot .

papaOU
02-08-2011, 02:20 PM
with the demise of the beer bar another item is seldom seen. Anybody know where you can get some red top stew?

ctchandler
02-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I went to work with Grandma in 1972 at Lincoln Sussy's and Jake was there alot . How is Nomad II on May Ave. associated with Jake Samara or Jack Sussy ????? I'll go there and see if the pizza is as good as I remember from Sussy's. I do not live in OKC but I go to Norman alot .

I don't really know the connection. I believe he opened the Nomad but I will look into it. If you like Sussy's pizza, go to Nomad II, it is his original recipe with one exception. Until about four years ago, if you ordered Italian sausage it was sliced, not the ground sausage. I prefer the sliced and that's what I make at home. My 39 year old son still eats there often. They probably prepare the best pizzas in OKC. Since I lost my wife, I haven't eaten there but If I ever get over the eating out thing (a hangup of mine since I lost her) I will go back to the Nomad II.
C. T.

bluedogok
02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
We hit the Nomad every once in awhile when we are in town, part of our restaurant rotation when I get back home. We ate there after the OU-Tech game this year, I always get the Fleetwood.

Prunepicker
02-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Geno's was on South Agnew just North of S.W. 29th at about
27th on the West side as you mentioned. Open 24 hours a day!
The building is still there and being used for storage!!
Thanks. S. Agnew it is! There a sign that looked like a log or
a tree trunk. I thought it was pretty good.

CarltonsKeeper
02-09-2011, 06:50 AM

Bobbie (spelled like a girl) graduated in 58 from Grant as you say! I thought all his Dad ever did was was work the golf courses but I don't doubt what your saying! Bob is my neighbor at the lake, I'll have to rattle his chain about that!! Thanks

flintysooner
02-09-2011, 06:59 AM
By the way, does anybody remember a hamburger joint called "The Home of theBlue Eyed Indian" on Lincoln? It was a dive with really good burgers even though you would never get a good looking one. They were all made to order and it was just a small mound (as opposed to a patty) of ground beef. It was located on the S. W. corner of 40th and Lincoln.
C. T.I remember what I think was called the Indian Princess Motel that I think was on Lincoln but don't remember it being that far north. That place had great hamburgers and fries.

ctchandler
02-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Bobbie (spelled like a girl) graduated in 58 from Grant as you say! I thought all his Dad ever did was was work the golf courses but I don't doubt what your saying! Bob is my neighbor at the lake, I'll have to rattle his chain about that!! Thanks

Carlton, I remember the golfer as well, I'm going to do a little looking around to see if he had his name on the restaurant. I thought he did but it could just be the name Ecton that rings my bell.
C. T.

ctchandler
02-09-2011, 08:21 AM
I remember what I think was called the Indian Princess Motel that I think was on Lincoln but don't remember it being that far north. That place had great hamburgers and fries.

The motel (I didn't remember that name) was South of 40th. And the place I'm talking about was kind of a dump. They could have been associated but I don't know.
C. T.

CarltonsKeeper
02-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Carlton, I remember the golfer as well, I'm going to do a little looking around to see if he had his name on the restaurant. I thought he did but it could just be the name Ecton that rings my bell.
C. T.

Bobbie the son was the golfer, his dad worked at Woodson Park, in fact they lived there at one time! I don't know that his Dad actually was a golfer or not! I know he was in charge of the maintenence and worked at several courses! I can just ask him about the name on the building next trip to the lake. He's in S. Texas right now until March 1st!! (No one I mentioned here is or was a Pro golfer)

bella suzanne
02-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't really know the connection. I believe he opened the Nomad but I will look into it. If you like Sussy's pizza, go to Nomad II, it is his original recipe with one exception. Until about four years ago, if you ordered Italian sausage it was sliced, not the ground sausage. I prefer the sliced and that's what I make at home. My 39 year old son still eats there often. They probably prepare the best pizzas in OKC. Since I lost my wife, I haven't eaten there but If I ever get over the eating out thing (a hangup of mine since I lost her) I will go back to the Nomad II.
C. T.

C.T. Thank you so much for all of your information and memories about Sussy's. It means alot to me because of the memories of my Grandmother . My mother still tells me that Jake Samara always said that "Wilma" was the best waitress he ever knew. I believe she worked at Bishops prior to Sussy's. What was Bishops like ??? And I am also so sorry about your wife !

ctchandler
02-09-2011, 04:57 PM
C.T. Thank you so much for all of your information and memories about Sussy's. It means alot to me because of the memories of my Grandmother . My mother still tells me that Jake Samara always said that "Wilma" was the best waitress he ever knew. I believe she worked at Bishops prior to Sussy's. What was Bishops like ??? And I am also so sorry about your wife !

Bella (or Suzanne), OK, you really got my attention with the Bishop's comment. My mother worked at Bishop's, I have a picture of her and the Bishop's staff and I think I have it on my computer. My mother was born in 1919, when was your grandmother born? Your grandmother might be in the picture that I have. How can I send it to you? My email address is ctchandlerjr@gmail.com and if you will email me, I will send it. Thanks for your comment about my wife, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.
C. T.

ctchandler
02-09-2011, 05:38 PM

Sorry, my memory failed me, my mother worked at Elmer's, not Bishop's. I just found the picture. Now, How many folks remember Elmer's?
C. T.

Noah Vail
02-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Anyone remember Katz Drug Store at Main and Robinson? Where the segregation protest sit-in's started downtown....proud time in OKC history.

How bout Ira Pulliam's BBQ? Holly's and Sussy's Pizza when it was on NE 23rd?

Springlake....I still miss that place.

USG'60
02-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Noah, do a search of the nostalgia threads. All these places have been THOROUGHLY discussed in the past. It was fun rehashing our momories.

Noah Vail
02-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Noah, do a search of the nostalgia threads. All these places have been THOROUGHLY discussed in the past. It was fun rehashing our momories.

I certainly don't like to argue with such an experienced contributor but I did and got zelch....especially the way I wrote it....Pulliam's was mentioned once....so I guess I'll continue....thanks for the help.

USG'60
02-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Our search function really sucks and I seldom find what I am looking for easily. Maybe one of the members who are more experienced at it can link us to those specifics, then you can jump in where we left off. Anyone??

Prunepicker
02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
I certainly don't like to argue with such an experienced
contributor but I did and got zelch... especially the way I wrote
it... Pulliam's was mentioned once... so I guess I'll continue...
thanks for the help.
The search on OKC Talk isn't very good. I've tried to find
personal posts within a week of the original post and
got nothing. Maybe one of the Administrators can give us
some tips.

Ask away and we'll get to them sooner or later.

Oh, I've done a Google search, included the phrase OKC Talk,
and have had better results. Still, don't worry about posting
what's already been discussed.

Phoenix59
04-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Herman's Seafood restaurant, with the sign that was a gigantic rainbow trout?
Whit's Cafe, later some other name (can't remember -- I can see the owner's face but I can't for the life of me think of his name, which was also the restaurant name) at NW 39 and Ann Arbor? (There's a Taco Bell there now, I think, or at least there was a few years ago.)
Across The Street, which, coincidentally, was across the street from Whit's (later became Kennedy's)?
Woolco with locations on N May and South Shields, later became Venture stores with their black and white striped signs?
Coney Island hot dogs, one in Capitol Hill and another on S May, just north of SW 29?
Rost Drug store at NW 39 and MacArthur? I remember one night, I must have been six or so, and John Rost, who later served as mayor of Warr Acres, came down and opened his store at midnight or so in order for my mom to buy some baby aspirin because I had a bad headache.

Prunepicker
04-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Whit's Cafe, later some other name (can't remember -- I can see the
owner's face but I can't for the life of me think of his name, which was
also the restaurant name) at NW 39 and Ann Arbor? (There's a Taco
Bell there now, I think, or at least there was a few years ago.)
That was Larry's Steakhouse.

Phoenix59
04-14-2011, 08:53 PM
That was Larry's Steakhouse.

Larry's! Yes, indeed, and the owner was Larry Garr. My parents and I ate there frequently, and after I got married, my wife and I (pre-kids) would sometimes go there for a late dinner or 2am breakfast, and look sideways at the cowboys and cowgirls and hookers that would stop in to do the same. ;)

Bigrayok
04-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Larry's! Yes, indeed, and the owner was Larry Garr. My parents and I ate there frequently, and after I got married, my wife and I (pre-kids) would sometimes go there for a late dinner or 2am breakfast, and look sideways at the cowboys and cowgirls and hookers that would stop in to do the same. ;)

The restaurant was Swank No. 2 before it was Larry's. Swank No. 1 was down on South Shields.

Bigray in Ok

Phoenix59
04-15-2011, 07:04 PM
The restaurant was Swank No. 2 before it was Larry's. Swank No. 1 was down on South Shields.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. I remember that, too. I think that was after it was Whit's? I can't remember... been a long time.

Another old restaurant we used to frequent was the Unique Cafe in Bethany, on NW 39th street mid-block between Asbury and College. They had an all-you-can-eat buffet which always had some really good fried chicken, and out the front window you could see the fountain in the median in the middle of 39th Street, which was frequently overflowing with soap suds when students from Southern Nazarene (back then I guess it was still Bethany Nazarene College) would dump boxes of laundry detergent in the fountain.

SoonerQueen
04-15-2011, 07:44 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about Shaw Drug Co.
Bob Poole's
Rhodes grocery
Hollies
Pulliam's bar-b-que
Split-T
Nichols Hills bank
Shepard Mall entirely

I don't remember a Mr LaGrange. We had 4 drug stores at one time and I spent most of my time at the one at 30th and N May. Not sure which one he worked at. I just noticed this post. Sorry for the delayed reply.

SoonerQueen
04-15-2011, 07:48 PM
I don't remember a Mr LaGrange. We had 4 drug stores at one time and I spent most of my time at the one at 30th and N May. Not sure which one he worked at. I just noticed this post. Sorry for the delayed reply.

ctchandler
04-16-2011, 08:03 AM

Mr. LeGrange is alive and well, at least for a gentleman his age. I grew up with his son, Jim and stayed in their home some nights when they moved from South OKC to North. I still see his son fairly often.
C. T.

CarltonsKeeper
04-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Mr. LeGrange is alive and well, at least for a gentleman his age. I grew up with his son, Jim and stayed in their home some nights when they moved from South OKC to North. I still see his son fairly often.
C. T.
I think Mr. LeGrange turned 90 here while back! Remember him working at Sheen Drug. I guess you see little Jim (Son) when you see big Jim? Do you ever see Connie Gale or the two girls? I remember when Big Jim lived on S.W. 36th around the corner from you!! You still haven't figured out who I am have you CT???????

ctchandler
04-17-2011, 09:27 AM
I think Mr. LeGrange turned 90 here while back! Remember him working at Sheen Drug. I guess you see little Jim (Son) when you see big Jim? Do you ever see Connie Gale or the two girls? I remember when Big Jim lived on S.W. 36th around the corner from you!! You still haven't figured out who I am have you CT???????

I see little Jim more often than his dad because little Jim is working and his dad is out goofing off most of the time. I haven't seen Gale very often but when my wife was undergoing treatment, Linda was one of the nurses. I haven't seen Jim's youngest sister since 1960. No, I haven't figured out who you are. I do know that you know Mike and that's it. Why don't you email me privately and clue me in?
C. T.

USG'60
04-17-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't know who you are either, Carlton's Keeper, but I have always wondered if the Carlton part of your name had anything to do with Carlton Bryant? Any chance of a connection there?

CarltonsKeeper
04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't know who you are either, Carlton's Keeper, but I have always wondered if the Carlton part of your name had anything to do with Carlton Bryant? Any chance of a connection there?

Can't say that I've ever heard of him. I can tell you this; I'm one heck of a nice guy!! LOL

USG'60
04-17-2011, 01:30 PM
That's what I hear throught the grapevine.

Achilleslastand
04-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Anyone remember hook and slice that was a few hundred yards south of wilshire and west of broadway extension? Spent many a good time there playing putt putt,riding the go karts and just generally getting into trouble as a wee lad.

ctchandler
04-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Anyone remember hook and slice that was a few hundred yards south of wilshire and west of broadway extension? Spent many a good time there playing putt putt,riding the go karts and just generally getting into trouble as a wee lad.

Yes, I spent some time at Hook and Slice back in the 70's. I don't know when they closed but I don't think it was around in the 80's.
C. T.

Achilleslastand
04-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Yes if im not mistaken it closed down in the early 80s. Shame.....it really was a fun place.

capt_john_97
06-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Across from Larry's Steak house used to be either the Around the Corner or Across the Street....can't remember the name but it sat where the 7-11 is now.

Prunepicker
06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Across from Larry's Steak house used to be either the Around the
Corner or Across the Street... can't remember the name but it sat
where the 7-11 is now.
Around the corner was in the shopping center just east of Kennard's
on N.W. 50 & N. MacAurthur.

The place across from Larry's was Across the Street then it became
Kennedy's.

capt_john_97
06-03-2011, 01:52 PM
What was the name of the shopping center that was beside Coronado Lanes at 63rd and Portland? There was a little restaraunt there that was on the other side of the bowling alley what was it called?

Pete
06-03-2011, 03:10 PM
The restaurant just west of Coronado Lanes was called the Cornucopia.

I believe the center was just called Coronado or Coronado Plaza. It had a Kimberling's market, Napoleon Nash and several other stores as well.

ctchandler
06-03-2011, 06:24 PM
I ate at the Cornucopia several times. Another place I enjoyed was Portland Barbecue at N. W. 23 and Portland. They brought barbecue pork back to OKC. But my favorite was the chopped beef. The lady chopped it right in front of you when you placed your order. Their hot beans with jalapenos were pretty good too.
C. T.

The restaurant just west of Coronado Lanes was called the Cornucopia.

I believe the center was just called Coronado or Coronado Plaza. It had a Kimberling's market, Napoleon Nash and several other stores as well.

capt_john_97
06-03-2011, 06:32 PM
It was Coronado Plaza. Cornucopia is right they had the little phones at the tables you ordered from. 23rd and Portland. I used to get my haircut when I was a wee lad at Whites...not the Mike but his dad...same place. a Little ways west on Meridian was a Sambo's how non politically correct was that place? and further up was Bevo's and Jolly Rogers.

bluedogok
06-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Around the corner was in the shopping center just east of Kennard's
on N.W. 50 & N. MacAurthur.

The place across from Larry's was Across the Street then it became
Kennedy's.
Later it was a Mr. Gatti's, right before it was torn down to relocate the 7-11 from across Ann Arbor.

Hunter4014
06-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Across the Street Restaurant on SW 59th. Big serving of curly fries.

Tritone
06-20-2011, 07:48 PM
We used to go to a sit-down restaurant (about 1970) on the south side of 39th east of Ann Arbor near Gale Cable Chrysler Plymouth. Anyone remember the name?

Prunepicker
06-20-2011, 08:36 PM
We used to go to a sit-down restaurant (about 1970) on the south
side of 39th east of Ann Arbor near Gale Cable Chrysler Plymouth.
Anyone remember the name?
Fred Gang's Meat Market was in that area.

jmarkross
06-22-2011, 06:07 PM
We used to go to a sit-down restaurant (about 1970) on the south side of 39th east of Ann Arbor near Gale Cable Chrysler Plymouth. Anyone remember the name?

The one that had really great Chef Salads?