View Full Version : Bulking up muscle mass?

dirtrider73068
01-15-2005, 09:25 AM
What is a good way and what works to build muscle mass and strenght? I am a small build but would like to be bigger and stronger, what is a good way to start? I have heard some talk about taking some supplements to build mass, but the workouts to follow I won't havge much time for. The work I do provides alot of exercise, I do alot of carrying lifting that sort of stuff. What is a good cheap gym to go to or a good personal trainer that won't cost alot to help out and to get a routine down or some explanation of the best way to go about it. Does anybody know or has worked out before and knows how to go about the best way and the right way of building up?

Luke
01-15-2005, 10:27 AM
I've been doing this great exercise program from a book called Miracle Seven. It uses bodyweight and visual resistance only. It's what Bruce Lee did. No gym, just your body and a mirror (to watch the progress).

Here's the publisher's web page: http://www.bronzebowpublishing.com

It's been working amazingly for me.

dirtrider73068
01-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Cool, I will have to try to see if I can find that at a bookstore here in town. I would rather spend a one time fee on a book that will work than blow money on other stuff.

SoundMind
01-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Steroids work, but they have detrimental effects on the body.

Consider eating a high protein diet. You might consider high protein shakes and protein bar as supplements.

A high protein diet in addition to progressive weight training will add the muscle mass you're looking for.

dirtrider73068
01-17-2005, 12:10 PM
I know steriods work but hose are out of the question, I have heard nothing but bad things about those. Protien would work but I don't have weights or access to them and need to find a cheaper way.

SoundMind
01-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Find a piece of heavy furniture in your house and start lifting it. Bricks always work well.

dirtrider73068
01-17-2005, 04:10 PM
What about doing situps or push ups would that help out.

Patrick
01-17-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm not SoundMind, but I guess I'll try to answer the question. Seems like situps will help reduce abdominal fat and build abdominal muscle, and push ups will help build arm muscle, but only to a certain extent. Push ups aren't giving your muscles as large of a work out as lifting weights.

Keith
01-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey, is your gut suppose to hit the floor when you do push ups?

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey, is your gut suppose to hit the floor when you do push ups?Depends, is it hitting the ground before your arms?