View Full Version : Some ideas for this new forum

Pete
03-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Hello all and thanks so much for your passionate participation in these great nostalgia threads.

Since we now have an entire forum dedicated for this purpose, I highly recommend creating separate posts for the various businesses and memories. Will make it much easier than trying to lump hundreds of different ideas into a few threads.

I think it would lead to much more activity as well, as people are far more likely to post on a thread with a single idea rather than search through huge threads that are dozens of pages long.

Thanks so much and keep up the great posting!

Pete

gen70
03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Hello all and thanks so much for your passionate participation in these great nostalgia threads.

Since we now have an entire forum dedicated for this purpose, I highly recommend creating separate posts for the various businesses and memories. Will make it much easier than trying to lump hundreds of different ideas into a few threads.

I think it would lead to much more activity as well, as people are far more likely to post on a thread with a single idea rather than search through huge threads that are dozens of pages long.

Thanks so much and keep up the great posting!

Petelook... do you have something against a rambling talk about things on the southside? If it's successful, do you have something against it?

FRISKY
03-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Would you please move the old (and locked) Southside OKC Memories thread into this section? It would be much easier to reference memories information already posted if it was in this smaller section of the board.

Old thread--> http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/13065-southside-okc-memories-anyone.html

Karried
03-15-2009, 06:32 PM
look... do you have something against a rambling talk about things on the southside? If it's successful, do you have something against it?

You do realize that Pete Brzycki owns OKCTalk, right?

So, if he requests something done a certain way on this forum, it makes sense to try to abide by that request.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/misc/progress.gif

Generals64
03-15-2009, 06:40 PM
You do realize that Pete Brzycki owns OKCTalk, right?

So, if he requests something done a certain way on this forum, it makes sense to try to abide by that request.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/misc/progress.gif
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, We know Pete owns the Forum and we are in contact with him...He's happy with what is going on...Or something. Cause he's told me that he is excited about the reactions on the threads....There are many political threads on this Forum and some of the people go way out there...For no reason. Everybody needs to have a good time....I think that is what Pete enjoys about the memory thread......Thanks....Hey, come to the SOUTHSIDE and Nostalgia thread's MONTHLY meeting and get together....We meet at 1:30 on March 28th at Coit's Drive-In 2500 S. Western OKC. I'll buy you a hot dog and a Frosted Root Beer just like the one's we had when we were kids.....
Generals64.

Karried
03-16-2009, 10:38 AM
My comment wasn't directed at you.

My point is this: When visiting someone's 'home' it is polite and respectful to abide by the requests of their 'home'.

Owner, 'hey do you mind putting wet towels in this blue hamper when you are finished showering, that's where we put them'.

Guest, 'look, do you have a problem with me leaving wet towels on the floor !!?'

lol.... that's when I'd direct them to the nearest Best Western down the street.

I'm sure Pete can address this if he feels so inclined.. I just didn't think that was cool.

Generals64
03-16-2009, 11:16 AM
My comment wasn't directed at you.

My point is this: When visiting someone's 'home' it is polite and respectful to abide by the requests of their 'home'.

Owner, 'hey do you mind putting wet towels in this blue hamper when you are finished showering, that's where we put them'.

Guest, 'look, do you have a problem with me leaving wet towels on the floor !!?'

lol.... that's when I'd direct them to the nearest Best Western down the street.

I'm sure Pete can address this if he feels so inclined.. I just didn't think that was cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still Buy you a hot dog....this is too much fun....Root Beer is Frosted and is great...

Karried
03-16-2009, 12:25 PM
lol, okay, I've never had a Hot Dog from Coits.. I was born and raised in CA.. but came to OK for a few summer vacations at Lake Eufala.. ( but that's another thread).

Generals64
03-16-2009, 04:40 PM
lol, okay, I've never had a Hot Dog from Coits.. I was born and raised in CA.. but came to OK for a few summer vacations at Lake Eufala.. ( but that's another thread).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are actually going to turn down a Coit's Hot Dog???? Oh My Gosh...You must be very sick right now. I am so sorry....even a Frosted Root Beer????That's like going to Vegas and NOT Gambling......Oh Well, more for the rest of us. thanks

USG '60
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Please put the basic emoticons (the ones at the bottom when you are posting) in the easy to access area. Put the whiz-bang ones in the drop down. Basics! Please!

Pete
03-21-2009, 05:37 PM
For what it's worth, I don't mind the long rambling threads with lots of different memories... It's just that some of these topics might get more interest if they were more separated out.

That's all I meant.

When I made the original post, there were only a few threads with hundreds of posts each. Since that time, things have started to broaden out a bit.

thatgirl77
07-01-2009, 04:21 AM
Hey Pete and Karried,
Just wanted to say how much I enjoy the threads and how well you both are doing to tr keep it all organized. LOL to Karried...trust me..Coit's hot dog s are over-rated...Pinks is just as good if not better!!! My condolences to General...he is pretty funny and very commpassionate about the nostalgic Southside threads. Good for him!!
BTW...spent about 12 years of summers at Eufaula...the ocean is much nicer, but the sunsets rivaled any in CA or Hawaii!

Generals64
07-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey Pete and Karried,
Just wanted to say how much I enjoy the threads and how well you both are doing to tr keep it all organized. LOL to Karried...trust me..Coit's hot dog s are over-rated...Pinks is just as good if not better!!! My condolences to General...he is pretty funny and very commpassionate about the nostalgic Southside threads. Good for him!!
BTW...spent about 12 years of summers at Eufaula...the ocean is much nicer, but the sunsets rivaled any in CA or Hawaii!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, thanks for thinking about us. Been to Pinks, been to Nathans, been to the old Hamburger Inn...even tried Johnnie's sliced dog.....turn around and go back to Coit's............I even had a Hot Dog on times Square...Come to the next meeting and I'll buy you a good hot Dog.....Stay with the Nostalgia forum...we generally have a good time...

metro
07-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Can't beat Rocky's dogs in Miami Beach or Papaya Dog in NYC.

thatgirl77
07-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Sounds good....:woowoo::bedtime:

Generals64
08-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Sounds good....:woowoo::bedtime:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My youngest son is getting married in Spetember....They are getting married in New Jersey (don't know why).....But, one of the nights is a night for the wedding party at Nathans.....The Bride's Dad and I are going to drive back to Philly to have a Cheese Steak at both Geno's and Pat's.....One thing off the "Bucket List".....Yee Haw......

Prunepicker
08-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Please put the basic emoticons (the ones at the bottom when you are
posting) in the easy to access area. Put the whiz-bang ones in the drop
down. Basics! Please!

I second that. And what's with that awful getting hit with a fish and the
demonnslayer? Put the basic up front and the goofy whiz-bangs somewhere
else.

Can we create a file for our favorites or delete the ones we will never use
until after we land a man on Pluto?

USG '60
08-03-2009, 09:50 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Just move the ones that are just above the submit button over to the right and relegate the razzle to that monsterous drop down that takes 5 mins to "unfold.". That is how its done on most of the forums grownups frequent. :busterbun:demonslay:numchucks:artist:THESE were easy to get, too. OOOO Boy!!!!!! Why WOULD one need one of these. PLEASE. I'm holding my breath. I'll start a separate thread. I will tie a bomb to myself.....I will..........uh.......never mind. :welcome55

:ou

Prunepicker
08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
PLEASE. I'm holding my breath. I'll start a separate thread. I will tie a bomb to
myself... I will... uh... never mind.
My meds work better than your meds...

right now, anyway.

USG '60
08-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Please put the basic emoticons (the ones at the bottom when you are posting) in the easy to access area. Put the whiz-bang ones in the drop down. Basics! Please!Bump

I belong to another forum that uses this same program but it is so much more pleasant using the emoticans since it has the basics available to the right of the writing space; the whiz bangs are on the drop down. I have learned to nearly carry on a coversation using just them. By contrast, we have at least a hundred, you never know where they are going to be located, the basics are never on the right, it takes a couple of minutes for the drop down to complete, there are always some missing and the whole thing is ridiculous. Please help me urge the admins to put the baics on the right and easily available. I would simply at this point put up the ones I'm talking about but they are not all there right now, and it would take several minutes to find the ones that are. But they should be
Basic smile
Cheesy grin (or big laugh, depending on contest)
Sad
Angry
Confussed
Roll eyes
Stick out tongue
Embarrassed
Wink
Cool (with sunglasses)

Maybe the Halo Smiley, and a couple of others, but then put the junk where it takes longer to get.

Please support me and ol' Prune on this issue. Our sanity is at stake.I know, I know, it is already in doubt. Help us anyway.

Thanks