View Full Version : SpringCreek Village Update

Patrick
01-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Okay everyone. I just got back from taking a visit to a few development sites and speaking with construction crews there. First on my list was Spring Creek Village in Edmond. This development is located at the NW corner of 15th St. and Bryant in Edmond. It's supposed to be an upscale retail development similar to Spring Creek Plaza across the street. An article in the Oklahoman awhile back made a lot of bogus claims.....for example, it claimed stores like BC Clark, Balliet's, and Saks would be locating there, in addition to many others. Unfortunately, the article was very misleading.

Last time I visited this site, ground work was still in progress. That was about a month ago.

As of this posting, all 3 slabs have been poured, and steel studs are going up on all 3 structures. There will be 3 structures in all.....creating a horseshoe effect.

From what I could see, there wasn't a building large enough to house a department store like Saks, although there was a slightly larger building on the east side (the east leg of the horse show). If it's a Saks it's an awfully small one though. If I were a betting man, I'd bet against a Saks for that property, just based on the size of the various structures.

By the way, construction workers were unable to give any details. Instead they told me much of the property was not leased.

The buildings in this development look more like Spring Creek Plaza across the street.......buildings that will occupy smaller upscale retail stores.

Iff I were guessing, I'd probably say most of the stores will be similar to those at Spring Creek. Stores like Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Williams Sonoma, etc. might be possiblities, although there's nothing proving they're locating there.

I can verify for a fact BC Clark isn't opening a 3rd store. Jim Clark told me recently that the Oklahoman article went a little overboard.

Sooner&RiceGrad
01-14-2005, 02:05 PM
That's depperessing.

metro
01-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Again, I currently work for Williams-Sonoma Inc and no Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, PB Kids or any of our companies are on the radar within the foreseeable new store calendar.

Sooner&RiceGrad
01-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I thought you were a mortgage broker?

Anyway: What moron (if I may) is developing ths thing? He is a lyer, and he counted his chickens before they hatched, just for a news article. I would be embaresssed if I were a, him, or b, the Oklahoman.

metro
01-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Sooner Rice , I also have my real estate/ mortgage I do on the side I can do at my leisure

Patrick
01-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I'm not surprised. I'm not sure what's going into Spring Creek Village.....it may just remain empty for awhile until the realtor finds tenants. Both new developments on Broadway and 33rd (west side of Broadway....where Charlestons is and where On the Border is) are still seeking tenants.

Floating_adrift
01-14-2005, 02:15 PM
The bank on the SW corner of that intersection is an eyesore!

Patrick
01-14-2005, 02:15 PM
I thought you were a mortgage broker?

Anyway: What moron (if I may) is developing ths thing? He is a lyer, and he counted his chickens before they hatched, just for a news article. I would be embaresssed if I were a, him, or b, the Oklahoman.

I'd be willing to bet the Oklahoman probably jumped the gun! The developer probably told the Oklahoman that they were looking for tenants LIKE Saks, BC Clark, Balliets, Pottery Barn, etc. Of course, journalists tend to expand the truth at times to improve the reception of their stories.

Patrick
01-14-2005, 02:18 PM
The bank on the SW corner of that intersection is an eyesore!

Yeah, I tend to agree. I expected it to fit into the surroundings a little better. They just kind of stuck it up there on the hill without any blending into the surrounding landscape.